Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Little Rock and NWA could support a Macys. I live in a county of 130,000 and we have one. Then again this is florida, but still only 130k people.

They don't generally go into markets of that size.

Tulsa and Birmingham have a real Saks. Both are similar markets and it might be feasible to have one in Little Rock but the development may not be quite upscale enough for them - actually the Promenade at Chenal might be more appropriate but it's Dillard's lovechild.

Little Rock and NWA could support a Macys. I live in a county of 130,000 and we have one. Then again this is florida, but still only 130k people.

Tourism aboviously has an effect on Vero Beach and it's retail.

How many tourists does Vero Beach get in a year?

Could someone please make a list and short description of each Retail project in the Little Rock area..Please. :D

I'll try, though I'll probably screw up and leave something out...

Shackleford Crossing - 650,000 SF "power center" to include Supercenter, JC Penney's, Red Robin, Carabba's, Babies-R-Us and other tenants to be named - currently leveling land

Pleasant Ridge Towne Center - 300,000 SF - "lifestyle center" anchored by a Saks Parisian ??? and Fresh Market Grocery as well as a major bookstore tenant to be named and multiple restaurants - this is nearing completion with a fall opening slated

rendering_sm_prtc.jpg

elevations_prtc.jpg

Midtowne Centre - 150,000 SF "lifestyle center" with upscale tenants complementing Park Plaza Mall including Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Williams-Sonoma, Bombay Company, Pei Wei, Cantina Laredo, White House/Black Market, etc - nearing completion with a likely fall opening

Alcoa Exchange - 300,000 SF "power center" at Bryant/Benton border anchored by Target and Kohl's - nearing completion with fall opening

Promenade at Chenal - 450,000 SF "lifestyle center" proposed for Chenal and driven by Dillard's desire for a West LR location

LRpic_big.jpg

Shoppes at North Hills - 850,000 SF "power center" in NLR along I-40 and I-30 junction centered on a Bass Pro Shop Outdoor World and several other large tenants including a theater multiplex. Supposedly a done deal but construction was delayed by the fact this is a protected wetland.

NorthHills_renderingB.jpg

NorthHills_renderingA.jpg

Villages at Brodie Creek at I-430 and Col Glenn in a hot area of West LR development was supposed to be the site of a 500-600K SF development but that may be on hold because of all of the other projects. Considering what's going out that way it's tough to figure out what it's tenants would be. They control a big piece of land in very good location, though.

In addition, Park Plaza is currently undergoing a $12 million renovation which is supposed to include some extra square footage and conversion of the unused movie theater to usable space.

There's lots of talk about University Mall and right now that's just talk.

Everything else I know about are just strip malls or glorified strip malls, someone correct me if I left something out.

This (about University Mall) is from the Dem. Gaz.

Personally I think it would make a great location for an Outlet mall. People wouldn't have to drive to Branson or Memphis.

Hoping to persuade the company to take better care of University Mall, Little Rock officials have a date set for a meeting with the Indianapolis-based manager of the midtown retail center.

The mall, managed by Simon Property Group Inc., has long been a sore spot for the city as tenants have left.

The families who own the land where the mall sits are suing Simon, which owns or manages more than 280 malls and other retail properties around the country, over what they say is its poor condition.

City officials envision an economic revival in the area around the mall, driven in part by new retail development.

The mall

I'll try, though I'll probably screw up and leave something out...

Shackleford Crossing - 650,000 SF "power center" to include Supercenter, JC Penney's, Red Robin, Carabba's, Babies-R-Us and other tenants to be named - currently leveling land

Pleasant Ridge Towne Center - 300,000 SF - "lifestyle center" anchored by a Saks Parisian ??? and Fresh Market Grocery as well as a major bookstore tenant to be named and multiple restaurants - this is nearing completion with a fall opening slated

rendering_sm_prtc.jpg

elevations_prtc.jpg

Midtowne Centre - 150,000 SF "lifestyle center" with upscale tenants complementing Park Plaza Mall including Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Williams-Sonoma, Bombay Company, Pei Wei, Cantina Laredo, White House/Black Market, etc - nearing completion with a likely fall opening

Alcoa Exchange - 300,000 SF "power center" at Bryant/Benton border anchored by Target and Kohl's - nearing completion with fall opening

Promenade at Chenal - 450,000 SF "lifestyle center" proposed for Chenal and driven by Dillard's desire for a West LR location

LRpic_big.jpg

Villages at Brodie Creek at I-430 and Col Glenn in a hot area of West LR development was supposed to be the site of a 500-600K SF development but that may be on hold because of all of the other projects. Considering what's going out that way it's tough to figure out what it's tenants would be. They control a big piece of land in very good location, though.

In addition, Park Plaza is currently undergoing a $12 million renovation which is supposed to include some extra square footage and conversion of the unused movie theater to usable space.

There's lots of talk about University Mall and right now that's just talk.

Everything else I know about are just strip malls or glorified strip malls, someone correct me if I left something out.

Thankyou Apork, that helps a lot.

This (about University Mall) is from the Dem. Gaz.

Personally I think it would make a great location for an Outlet mall. People wouldn't have to drive to Branson or Memphis.

Hoping to persuade the company to take better care of University Mall, Little Rock officials have a date set for a meeting with the Indianapolis-based manager of the midtown retail center.

The mall, managed by Simon Property Group Inc., has long been a sore spot for the city as tenants have left.

The families who own the land where the mall sits are suing Simon, which owns or manages more than 280 malls and other retail properties around the country, over what they say is its poor condition.

City officials envision an economic revival in the area around the mall, driven in part by new retail development.

The mall

What most people don't understand is that the inventory between different markets for Belk fluctuates wildly.

The flagship Belk at SouthPark Mall in Charlotte crushes every Parisian I've been in (though admitidely I haven't been in the one at Phipps).

The Charlotte store stocks Armani, Burberry, Hugo Boss, Lacoste, Kate Spade, Chanel, etc.....I would expect the Phipps Plaza store to be stocked similarly.

I found this comment on the Birmingham subforum. Something to think about.

I had heard this. The problem is in this part of the country when we think "Belk's" we think about (roughly) a smaller town JC Penney's. That reputation will be tough to get past.

This is a new 66,000sf center being built off kanis close to the bowman intersection.

99-60-857_2000.jpg

I have seen the signs posted on kanis but I could never find anything online about it. The corner lot of bowman and Kanis would be great for development. Where did you find the rendering for the shoppes at montclair?

This is the only rendering available...you can find it on RPM's website. There are no annouced tenants at this time. This developement is next to the lot on the corner of Bowman and Kanis.

This is the only rendering available...you can find it on RPM's website. There are no annouced tenants at this time. This developement is next to the lot on the corner of Bowman and Kanis.

What type of tenants do you think will locate here? I have also seen where they are clearing a lof of land to build small office buildings.

What type of tenants do you think will locate here? I have also seen where they are clearing a lof of land to build small office buildings.

This will be located between the corner lot of bowman and kanis and the office complex you are speaking of. It should be pretty nice retail space, but dont expect any big name national tenants. Probably 3,000 to 8,000sf units with middle to upper class tenants or possibly a quizno's type restaurant.

This will be located between the corner lot of bowman and kanis and the office complex you are speaking of. It should be pretty nice retail space, but dont expect any big name national tenants. Probably 3,000 to 8,000sf units with middle to upper class tenants or possibly a quizno's type restaurant.

There's always room for another Starbuck's.

A bunch of new businesses filed plumbing plans with the city for the Pleasant Ridge town center a few days ago.......

Crew Restaurant ?????

Glo Limited - (spa type place)

Strasberg Children

Indigo Home - furniture????

Beyond Cotton

Cingular

A bunch of new businesses filed plumbing plans with the city for the Pleasant Ridge town center a few days ago.......

Crew Restaurant ?????

Glo Limited - (spa type place)

Strasberg Children

Indigo Home - furniture????

Beyond Cotton

Cingular

This looks like it could be Indigo, if they are expanding outside of AZ: http://www.indigo-home.com/

There is a Glo Limited in Fayettville: http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=18412247

And here's a link for Strasberg Children

Archived