Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

I don't like the development but I like a few of the things that ended up there - Fresh Market and a couple of new local restaurants (Imagine and Crew). I like Bonefish and it will be nice to have. The design and location of the whole thing are screwy, though.

I know a couple of other things about Schickel and, yes, it's karma.

Went and checked out the Fresh Market last Sat afternoon with the wife. Very crowded and well, uh, underwhelming. Anybody remember Brannon's Market?

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brannon's was in the wrong place at the wrong time. I think it could do great business today in the MidTowne Center.

Ditto. Chenal was still really on the far fringe then.

Brannon's actually had GREAT prepared foods but little of anything else and prices were considerably higher than Fresh Market for the little other stuff they had.

Aside from the prepared foods and seafood Brannan's didn't have much.

I'm still hoping for a full-scale Whole Foods in LR.

I don't know if you guys missed it but there's a deregulation suit filed by federal regulators over the merger of Whole Foods and Wild Oats. I don't understand how that's not OK but merging SBC and AT&T is fine but what the hell do I know?

I remember going to Brannon's quite a bit, from way back when it first opened. I still get a taste every once in a while for a deli sandwich from there made with cold fried catfish, coleslaw and light rye bread. Fresh Market is nice, but less practical than I recall Brannon's was. Still, I don't fear for its survival.

Parisian's conversion to Belk, on the other hand... I don't know what to make of it yet. It's been several weeks since my last visit, but I'm a bit concerned from what I've read here in the forum.

I remember going to Brannon's quite a bit, from way back when it first opened. I still get a taste every once in a while for a deli sandwich from there made with cold fried catfish, coleslaw and light rye bread. Fresh Market is nice, but less practical than I recall Brannon's was. Still, I don't fear for its survival.

Parisian's conversion to Belk, on the other hand... I don't know what to make of it yet. It's been several weeks since my last visit, but I'm a bit concerned from what I've read here in the forum.

Interesting article in the demgaz today about the Belk conversion. The article also listed several tenants that I hadn't heard of before. 80% occupancy now.

Interesting article in the demgaz today about the Belk conversion. The article also listed several tenants that I hadn't heard of before. 80% occupancy now.

I read that too. Seems that this Belk will be the upscale version like they have in Charlotte, NC and Charleston, SC.

I hadn't heard of those tenants either. I bet most are local or regional. If so, the center will be very underwhelming. The best things to go to at Pleasant Ridge will be the restaraunts and Fresh Market.

I read that too. Seems that this Belk will be the upscale version like they have in Charlotte, NC and Charleston, SC.

I hadn't heard of those tenants either. I bet most are local or regional. If so, the center will be very underwhelming. The best things to go to at Pleasant Ridge will be the restaraunts and Fresh Market.

I hope this is a clear indicator that the expected, high-end tenants have migrated elsewhere (Promenade) and not given up on the market altogether.

I hope this is a clear indicator that the expected, high-end tenants have migrated elsewhere (Promenade) and not given up on the market altogether.

I think Midtowne got some of the tenants Lou wanted and the Promenade will get the rest. Shackleford Crossing will be a better development in terms of having retailers that are capable of drawing a great amount of people. I know it is not fair to compare Pleasant Ridge to Shackleford Crossing, but I am disappointed in Pleasant Ridge. I will go there to eat but not to shop.

I visited Fresh Market today and noticed that Bonefish Grill seems to be coming along well. I believe I read some where on here that it's scheduled to open July 9th, is that correct?

We went to Cheeburber Cheeburger tonight (which we've decided isn't all that great) and noticed that they have signs indicating that they are hiring for Bonefish Grill...I'm uncertain of the opening date.

We went to Cheeburber Cheeburger tonight (which we've decided isn't all that great) and noticed that they have signs indicating that they are hiring for Bonefish Grill...I'm uncertain of the opening date.

We ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger once too... My 3+ ordered the Mac and Cheese... AAAAAARRRRRGH! That is a tragedy! Fried Mac and Cheese... disgusting. The car packaging for the kids meals is good shtick.

I will continue to go to Purple Cow.

We ate at Cheeburger Cheeburger once too... My 3+ ordered the Mac and Cheese... AAAAAARRRRRGH! That is a tragedy! Fried Mac and Cheese... disgusting. The car packaging for the kids meals is good shtick.

I will continue to go to Purple Cow.

It's always tough to beat the Purple Cow.

It's nice to have options, though.

my only complaints with Cheeburger Cheeburger are that the tables are way too close together and the buns fall apart immediately which makes eating the burger very difficult and messy. I agree with Apork, though, it is nice to have more options.

Cheeburger Cheeburger is okay. I was disappointed with my first visit there earlier this month, but I think it's because the place was over-hyped to me by those that are loyal to it.

I agree that the tables are too close together... And the decor doesn't seems... Hrm... Two-dimensional. Nothing there pops out and catches you like I've come to expect from chain establishments. Personally, a resturant I want to see from the "1950s hambuger genre" is Johnny Rockets.

Cheeburger Cheeburger is okay. I was disappointed with my first visit there earlier this month, but I think it's because the place was over-hyped to me by those that are loyal to it.

I agree that the tables are too close together... And the decor doesn't seems... Hrm... Two-dimensional. Nothing there pops out and catches you like I've come to expect from chain establishments. Personally, a resturant I want to see from the "1950s hambuger genre" is Johnny Rockets.

I agree with you on Johnny Rockets. Cheeseburger Cheeseburger is ok, but Johnny Rockets blows them away. One good thing about Cheeseburger Cheeseburger is their large milkshake menu. My favorite is the chocolate oreo.

I agree with you on Johnny Rockets. Cheeseburger Cheeseburger is ok, but Johnny Rockets blows them away. One good thing about Cheeseburger Cheeseburger is their large milkshake menu. My favorite is the chocolate oreo.

There used to be a Cheeburger Cheeburger in Fayetteville on Dickson.

Johnny Rockets was all kinds of awesome when I went there in Memphis. Seems the chain didn't do so hot there, 'cause it eventually abdicated that location in favor of (eep!) a Hot Topic. I take comfort in having The Purple Cow around (and closer to me, to boot), and Cheeburger isn't bad. But Johnny Rockets would have been a real treat at Pleasant Ridge.

My next place I look forward to visiting within the shopping center is the recently-opened Frontiers. I'll admit the store had my attention from when the pick-axe door handles were installed, and the merchandise looks good. Though I wonder how much of its potential draw may be compromised by the also-recently-opened (finally!) Lewis & Clark Outfitters in Midtowne.

Johnny Rockets was all kinds of awesome when I went there in Memphis. Seems the chain didn't do so hot there, 'cause it eventually abdicated that location in favor of (eep!) a Hot Topic. I take comfort in having The Purple Cow around (and closer to me, to boot), and Cheeburger isn't bad. But Johnny Rockets would have been a real treat at Pleasant Ridge.

My next place I look forward to visiting within the shopping center is the recently-opened Frontiers. I'll admit the store had my attention from when the pick-axe door handles were installed, and the merchandise looks good. Though I wonder how much of its potential draw may be compromised by the also-recently-opened (finally!) Lewis & Clark Outfitters in Midtowne.

I've been in Frontiers. Not sure if you are familiar with Macalisters (sp?). The line was sold at Yellow Dog Trading. The owner of Frontiers is Jason Perry, one of the twins who owned Macalisters with their dad. One of the biggest differences between wholesale and retail is customer service. This is critical when you are selling $400 waterproof breathable shell jackets, down jackets and sleeping bags. Frontiers has a LONG way to go to establish itself as a quality outdoor specialty retailer.

I haven't been in the LR Lewis & Clark yet. I've been in the Fayetteville store. They don't have a lot of the key lines (Patagonia, Cloudveil) that I like to see in a outdoor retail store. Lewis & Clark was established on the money made by Mr. Potts on the sell of Crossroads videos to Blockbuster. His son Darrell and daughter-in-law Teena were new to the industry when the decided to enter it. They were not climbers, backpackers or campers. I am glad to see them with a store here. It is hard for me to put them in a category with a place like Ozark or Frontiers (which would like to be an Ozark out west).

I spent several years in retail, more than four years of it at Take A Hike. I'm interested in your impression of both venues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I spoke with someone that works at one of the stores at Pleasant Ridge about new stores coming to the center. She said an upscale pet boutique called Woof Woof (I think?) has signed a lease agreement and will be coming soon. She said it will be the first of its kind in Arkansas. She also said Barnes and Noble has been there three times looking at space. I asked her if she meant Borders and she said she thought it was B&N. Not sure what to think. I also went in Parisian and asked workers there when the switchover to Belks was going to take place. They said end of August or first of September. They said there will still be some high end merchandise but the will also cater to the mid-range shopper. That store is in complete disorder. They have moved the mens dept to the first floor and most everything was on sale. They said whatever doesn't sell by the end of the transition will be shipped to Alabama because that will be the only store remaining Parisian. They did say that the LR Belks would be a class A store. He said there is class A, B, and C with A being the highest end for whatever that means.

I spoke with someone that works at one of the stores at Pleasant Ridge about new stores coming to the center. She said an upscale pet boutique called Woof Woof (I think?) has signed a lease agreement and will be coming soon. She said it will be the first of its kind in Arkansas. She also said Barnes and Noble has been there three times looking at space. I asked her if she meant Borders and she said she thought it was B&N. Not sure what to think. I also went in Parisian and asked workers there when the switchover to Belks was going to take place. They said end of August or first of September. They said there will still be some high end merchandise but the will also cater to the mid-range shopper. That store is in complete disorder. They have moved the mens dept to the first floor and most everything was on sale. They said whatever doesn't sell by the end of the transition will be shipped to Alabama because that will be the only store remaining Parisian. They did say that the LR Belks would be a class A store. He said there is class A, B, and C with A being the highest end for whatever that means.

One of the shops had "Molly's Paperie coming soon" on it and they were renovating it.

My wife and I ate at Bonefish last night and I couldn't help but notice almost all of the shops closed at 5 or 6 save Parisian and the M2 Gallery. All of those little boutique shops are losing money when there are 4 busy restaurants right there, generally with waits.

She also said Barnes and Noble has been there three times looking at space. I asked her if she meant Borders and she said she thought it was B&N. Not sure what to think.

A bookstore would suit this shopping center well. The change from Parisian to Belk is undoubtedly going to (IMO) take away from the center...Class A, B or what have you.

A Belk is a Belk, is a Belk. I'm sure it is quite possible to have a store a step or so above another but before people will enter the store to discover this they're going to look at the name.

I digress, a Barnes & Noble or Borders would work well in this shopping center. Each time I visit Pleasant Ridge I get a sense that something is missing. It's lacking that wow factor. Were it not for the restaurants and Fresh Market, I don't think the shopping center would be getting much business.

My gut tells me that if Barnes & Noble is indeed looking around this center, it's for a Bookstar location, not for a (re)location(?) of its flagship brand. The Little Rock store they have had all these years still has great visibility and has evolved into a public gathering place as much as anywhere in West Little Rock (Wal-Mart or Kroger, notwithstanding). Also, Little Rock's B&N

My gut tells me that if Barnes & Noble is indeed looking around this center, it's for a Bookstar location, not for a (re)location(?) of its flagship brand. The Little Rock store they have had all these years still has great visibility and has evolved into a public gathering place as much as anywhere in West Little Rock (Wal-Mart or Kroger, notwithstanding). Also, Little Rock's B&N

Archived