Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Appearantly Crew will be closing as well. This isn't good.

Where did you hear this? I am going to a dinner conference there next month and that was just scheduled this past week.

Crew's atmosphere far outweighed the quality of the food, which was erratic. The bar was always packed, though, and I kind of figured that made up for decent but not spectacular dining crowds.

90% of restaurants fail. Most of the great restaurants in LR have closed, though, because the chef wanted to move on and do something different.

Where did you hear this? I am going to a dinner conference there next month and that was just scheduled this past week.

Crew's atmosphere far outweighed the quality of the food, which was erratic. The bar was always packed, though, and I kind of figured that made up for decent but not spectacular dining crowds.

I agree. The atmosphere is spectacular at that restaurant.

90% of restaurants fail. Most of the great restaurants in LR have closed, though, because the chef wanted to move on and do something different.

This is why chains are a safer bet in suburban developments like Pleasant Ridge if you're going for staying power. Locally-owned is a difficult sell in the suburbs as it is.

Wow, this is a blow to that center. The owners made a tremendous investment, I hate that it's not working, if that is in fact the case.

I've been there a few times at lunch. Always a good crowd, service and atmosphere, but very mediocre food.

There are a couple of more tenants in that center that I question their "staying power", just based on what I've observed.

Wow, this is a blow to that center. The owners made a tremendous investment, I hate that it's not working, if that is in fact the case.

I've been there a few times at lunch. Always a good crowd, service and atmosphere, but very mediocre food.

There are a couple of more tenants in that center that I question their "staying power", just based on what I've observed.

I am hoping the rumor about Crew turns out to not be true, but when an Ark. Times blogger says it it usually is.

Do you think the owner will have a difficult time finding replacement tenants?

I am hoping the rumor about Crew turns out to not be true, but when an Ark. Times blogger says it it usually is.

I'm sure they will be motivated. It's damn expensive to open a restaurant and most of them fail. Most bankers flinch when they hear "restaurant loan".

with crew and imagine closing, do you think one of those sites would be a good location for the ruths chris? I know Schickel always wanted a steakhouse for his development. I think the Crew location is good and would be a good fit with Bonefish on the other side. Any other options or suggestions?

I read where Sauce Co. will be relocation to Pleasant Ridge soon. The competition from Williams Sonoma forced this move. THey are renaming as The Kitchen Store with more of a focus on pots and pans instead of all the sauces/mixes.

with crew and imagine closing, do you think one of those sites would be a good location for the ruths chris? I know Schickel always wanted a steakhouse for his development. I think the Crew location is good and would be a good fit with Bonefish on the other side. Any other options or suggestions?

I was under the impression that the franchiser for Ruth's Chris was wanting a freestanding structure, but if Schickel could lure them into Pleasant Ridge that would be great. Whatever they do, I think Schickel should lean towards getting chains because they are usually much more of a traffic draw, especially in a suburban center like that.

The post on the AT Blog was a little vague. "I heard from someone that it might close" sounds a bit waffly. It wouldn't surprise me if it does close but I would think they have enough business to stay open.

Rumor is that Panera Bread's first LR location will be where Imagine was. A bit sad to see an upscale, one of a kind locally owned restaurant replaced by a mid-range chain, but I welcome Panera nonetheless and it will be a good fit there. Its a chain we've needed for a long time.

Rumor is that Panera Bread's first LR location will be where Imagine was. A bit sad to see an upscale, one of a kind locally owned restaurant replaced by a mid-range chain, but I welcome Panera nonetheless and it will be a good fit there. Its a chain we've needed for a long time.

I won't miss Imagine. For the price I didn't think the food was that great and the service my wife and I had was shotty. I hope Crew stays open. The food is good, not the best and I like the atmosphere in there.

Panera would do well in that spot. It does seem that the national chains are doing better than the locals are. Bonefish and Cheeseburger Cheeseburger are always packed.

I won't miss Imagine. For the price I didn't think the food was that great and the service my wife and I had was shotty. I hope Crew stays open. The food is good, not the best and I like the atmosphere in there.

Panera would do well in that spot. It does seem that the national chains are doing better than the locals are. Bonefish and Cheeseburger Cheeseburger are always packed.

Strip mall type developments in the suburbs heavily favor the chains. I hope the chains stay out there and don't invade Hillcrest/Heights or downtown.

Strip mall type developments in the suburbs heavily favor the chains. I hope the chains stay out there and don't invade Hillcrest/Heights or downtown.

I wouldn't mind seeing some chains downtown. We need a mix to create a better entertainment district.

Of course, multiple attempts at chain bars down there have failed.

I wouldn't mind seeing some chains downtown. We need a mix to create a better entertainment district.

Of course, multiple attempts at chain bars down there have failed.

Agreed. I think some chains restaurants/bars would be good for downtown. Visitors from out of state could have something they are familar with to frequent.

Apork - what chain bars are you referring to? I agree that some notable "national" venues would be a good thing...

Banana Joe's, Pourhouse, Funny Bone

As tacky as it is, I think a Hooters would be a good thing. It would pull in a different demographic, one that might not be in downtown LR otherwise.

Banana Joe's, Pourhouse, Funny Bone

As tacky as it is, I think a Hooters would be a good thing. It would pull in a different demographic, one that might not be in downtown LR otherwise.

Hooters works well in downtown OKC. I think they would be a good addition to the River Market as well. I think it would bring the college crowd into the river market and as they became more familiar with it they would expand to the other venues.

Hooters works well in downtown OKC. I think they would be a good addition to the River Market as well. I think it would bring the college crowd into the river market and as they became more familiar with it they would expand to the other venues.

Downtown OKC has more chains and I think it helps draw more visitors to Bricktown. Like I said, I think the goal is a good mix.

What other chains are in OKC? I know that they (still) have a Spaghetti Warehouse and a Melting Pot....

What other chains are in OKC? I know that they (still) have a Spaghetti Warehouse and a Melting Pot....

Abuelos is in downtown as is Zio's. The rest of it is locally owned stuff. Lower Bricktown (an extension of downtown) is horrible and its what I DON'T want to see happen in LR. They have IHOP, Sonic, Harkin's Theaters, and a few mid-rise condo developments that our developments put to shame. The two saving graces are Toby Keith's I Love this Bar and Grill (i don't like country music but a venue like that is a great draw), and a RedPin bowling lounge which is a very upscale bowling alley.

http://www.bowlredpin.com/

It would be nice for LR to get something like that in the River Market.

Abuelos is in downtown as is Zio's. The rest of it is locally owned stuff. Lower Bricktown (an extension of downtown) is horrible and its what I DON'T want to see happen in LR. They have IHOP, Sonic, Harkin's Theaters, and a few mid-rise condo developments that our developments put to shame. The two saving graces are Toby Keith's I Love this Bar and Grill (i don't like country music but a venue like that is a great draw), and a RedPin bowling lounge which is a very upscale bowling alley.

http://www.bowlredpin.com/

It would be nice for LR to get something like that in the River Market.

Upscale bowling??? That's an oxymoron for sure. No, we don't need that anywhere in LR.

Upscale bowling??? That's an oxymoron for sure. No, we don't need that anywhere in LR.

You might not understand. That is similar to a concept they have in downtown Chicago. Its not your standard run of the mill bowling alley. This might not be the best comparison, but think of it like a Dave and Busters vs. your run down small-town pool hall.

You might not understand. That is similar to a concept they have in downtown Chicago. Its not your standard run of the mill bowling alley. This might not be the best comparison, but think of it like a Dave and Busters vs. your run down small-town pool hall.

No matter how much lipstick you put on a pig...it's still a pig. Sorry, but I have a very low opinion of bowling.

It might be good in Conway....

Archived