Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

I have to admit, it is a funny little phrase.

A bowling center done right would be successful in LR, especially if it were combined with an "entertainment aspect" ala D&B's for non-bowlers. Since the Professor Bowls have shut down (they were crappy and dirty) the only place left is the new Millenium Bowl in Maumelle/NLR.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bowling center done right would be successful in LR, especially if it were combined with an "entertainment aspect" ala D&B's for non-bowlers. Since the Professor Bowls have shut down (they were crappy and dirty) the only place left is the new Millenium Bowl in Maumelle/NLR.

I agree. That is pretty much the concept of RedPin in downtown OKC. Its not the typical run down bowling center everybody thinks about. I would like to see more entertainment options in the River Market besides more bars and burger joints.

A friend of mine who lives in Dallas told me about a bowling alley down there where they serve Dom, so I guess there are some nicer bowling destinations out there. I think Arkansas has always had the "redneck" version bowling alley.

Professor Bowl was classy and state of the art when it was built, it just got run down and became a haven for thuggish teenagers.

So is the rumor about Crew true or is it just that - a rumor? It wouldn't really surprise me, but I hate to see the shopping center suffer two blows that close together.

Around here everything is rumor until it's proven. I can say that I had dinner there on Friday and no one new about any closing when I was there.

The empty parcel directly across from Crew has a sign that reads, "Panera Bread Company, Coming Soon!"

It's funny how Lou can get good national restaurants at Pleasant Ridge, but not any good national stores.

This is good for Pleasant Ridge and should add to the traffic there.

Panera stated that they were going to open 4 stores in Little Rock. We now know one will be here. I'm going to guess the others will be at Premande at Chenal, Midtowne/Park Avenue, and one downtown.

It's funny how Lou can get good national restaurants at Pleasant Ridge, but not any good national stores.

Panera stated that they were going to open 4 stores in Little Rock. We now know one will be here. I'm going to guess the others will be at Premande at Chenal, Midtowne/Park Avenue, and one downtown.

I agree with all of those except for one downtown. I think a NLR location is more likely.

I agree with all of those except for one downtown. I think a NLR location is more likely.

I can see that as well. When they said that they were going to open four in Little Rock, did they mean the city proper or the metro.

I would love to see one downtown. Some, including me, have said that downtown needs to get some national chain restaurants to round out the mix. Starbucks finally placed a location dowtown and Panera would be a good addition, particularly if its in the River Market area.

I can see that as well. When they said that they were going to open four in Little Rock, did they mean the city proper or the metro.

I would love to see one downtown. Some, including me, have said that downtown needs to get some national chain restaurants to round out the mix. Starbucks finally placed a location dowtown and Panera would be a good addition, particularly if its in the River Market area.

I assumed they meant the metro, that's usually the case. I would bet the 4th location goes near McCain or in Maumelle.

Good point about Panera #4 potentially landing in Maumelle, rather than North Little Rock. Perhaps it might land in the sphere of the new Kroger and new Walgreen's. If, on the other hand, it should happen to come to North Little Rock, I'd like to see it land in Lakewood Village.

Somewhat selfishly, I don't want it in the River Market (where it could potentially cut into business for Boulevard Bread Company) or South Main/Quapaw (too close to Community Bakery). Maybe it could go in Argenta?

Good point about Panera #4 potentially landing in Maumelle, rather than North Little Rock. Perhaps it might land in the sphere of the new Kroger and new Walgreen's.

One could only hope for it in Maumelle. The Kroger and Walgreen's are good signs for the Tract D property, but I haven't heard of anything else planned yet. They've got almost 40 acres to work with... I hope the developers are recruiting wisely. This is especially so given the allure of Wal-Mart down the Boulevard in NLR.

• 1 month later...

PANERA BREAD BAKERY CAFE STORE NUMBER 2851 PLEASANT RIDGE TOWN CENTER 11525 CANTRELLROAD LITTLE ROCK, AR 5/20/2008 PLEASANT RIDGE BUILDING 300 SPACE 301 IMX PILATES PINNACLE CREEK SHOPPING CENTER SUITE 150 DAVID CLAIBORNE REES DEVELOPMENT?

This has already been confirmed and discussed.

• 2 months later...

According to the Democrat Gazette, Panera is scheduled to open in Pleasant Ridge in early September.

The Shackleford Crossing location plans an opening in December. An as yet undecided midtown location, a North Little Rock location and a Conway location will open between 2009-10.

According to the Democrat Gazette, Panera is scheduled to open in Pleasant Ridge in early September.

The Shackleford Crossing location plans an opening in December. An as yet undecided midtown location, a North Little Rock location and a Conway location will open between 2009-10.

I guess the MidTowne location will be Park Avenue unless they decide to take Bombay's old spot or the one next to The Container Store.

I should think Panera wouldn't actively seek a spot right beside Cantina Laredo, and I don't figure the remainder of the Container Store building is big enough. However, the balance of the old Luby's (the portion not taken in by Hollister Co.) in Park Plaza is still available, I think. Might that be right for the midtown location? It would beat having to wait on Park Avenue to build out.

Archived