Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I read in the Arkansas Democrat Gazette Weekend section that Crew was changing their theme and menu to Tex-Mex. They may be temporarily closed to make the switch.

The article also said that they were more than 90 days behind in paying their taxes. Never a good sign for a restaurant.

It's a shame, both places had decent food, particularly Velo Rouge. VR had parking issues.

The Velo Rouge location is a death trap, but about Crew and Pleasant Ridge, I don't think non-chains do well in WLR. Schickel should try to get Ruth's Chris or some other high-profile chain to take the Crew location.

Panera Bread opened today, the location looks great

We had dinner there tonight. What a well done, relaxing (sophisticated) place. And the food is great...very nice bread, just top-notch all the way around. It's not the cheapest place to eat, but its atmosphere and food quality just shame all other similar venues (San Francisco Bread, McAlister's, etc.).

The Velo Rouge location is a death trap, but about Crew and Pleasant Ridge, I don't think non-chains do well in WLR. Schickel should try to get Ruth's Chris or some other high-profile chain to take the Crew location.

We were in NWA this weekend for the Razorback game, and to celebrate our 12th anniversary, we stayed at the Aloft (very nice...cosmopolitan) and had dinner at Ruth's Chris. The short story is that Ruth's Chris is a nice restaurant, good food, but not on par with Sonny Williams. In fact, it really wasn't even close.

A girlfriend and I ate at Panara today for lunch. Crew has "Lease" signs in their windows as well as a couple of signs that read "Auction" in the windows. All of the patio furniture is removed from the patio as well. Too sad. I loved that place.

Yes, I enjoyed that place quite a bit too.

I too, was at Panera today, crowded...lines out the door. Presumably that will settle down soon.

Capers does fine. I think it's about visibility up there in that shopping center. Chains have more hype.

I bet the tapas place does better because it's an empty niche.

• 2 weeks later...

According to Arkansas Business, it appears that Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is planning to open its first Little Rock location in the old Crew Restaurant location.

Great news. It will fit well in the center and should do well considering the kind of clientele the place attracts prefers chains over local restaurants.

Great news. It will fit well in the center and should do well considering the kind of clientele the place attracts prefers chains over local restaurants.

Agreed. This should also help the local restauranteurs who plan to place a new dining establishment in the old Imagine location. Without the draw of the national names, it may have suffered the same fate as Imagine.

According to Arkansas Business, it appears that Ruth's Chris Steakhouse is planning to open its first Little Rock location in the old Crew Restaurant location.

Cool. That will really be a good tenant for Pleasant Ridge. I hope they do well...they certainly have some stiff, local competition. Because of that, and its location, it might not be as big a draw for business traffic that the Roger's location likely has.

Did they announce the Tulsa location? I know the same ownership group bought the franchise rights for NWA, Tulsa and Little Rock. They had previously stated they were opening the NWA location before Little Rock and Tulsa.

• 3 weeks later...

The rumor going around is that Ruth's Chris has put their plans to open in LR on hold.

The rumor going around is that Ruth's Chris has put their plans to open in LR on hold.

Little Rock in general, or this location? I guess it could also be precipitated by the economic conditions.

Regardless, I think they'd do okay, but I'm not sure I would ever pick it over Sonny Williams, having eaten at both. In fact, I KNOW I wouldn't. But, a west Little Rock location would do well and be convenient for the significant population in that part of town who wouldn't want to make the drive downtown. Of course, there's also Arthur's out west, which I hear is great but I haven't yet had the chance to sample.

Little Rock in general, or this location? I guess it could also be precipitated by the economic conditions.

Regardless, I think they'd do okay, but I'm not sure I would ever pick it over Sonny Williams, having eaten at both. In fact, I KNOW I wouldn't. But, a west Little Rock location would do well and be convenient for the significant population in that part of town who wouldn't want to make the drive downtown. Of course, there's also Arthur's out west, which I hear is great but I haven't yet had the chance to sample.

Little Rock in general is on hold is the rumor.

I agree that Sonny Williams is superior to the Ruth Chris in Memphis which is my only experience with the chain. Is the Crew location big enough for a RC?

Having eaten at other Ruth's Chris locations including the one in Rogers, I suspect Crew's old location is not big an ideal site, and likely not large enough.

• 1 month later...

Archived