Pleasant Ridge Town Center

mcheiss

I would hope for Buca di Beppo over Carraba's.  Just my preference.  I did notice a Carraba's ad the other night on TV.  I don't recall seeing a Carraba's ad prior to that.  It made me wonder if they were coming soon to the market.  Now, with Carino's LR closed, I'm thinking it may be.  

I thought it was a Fleming's that was coming to Pleasant Ridge.  Fleming's wouldn't be that much of a reach as it is owned by the same group that owns Outback and Bonefish.   

I believe it was Ruth's Chris...in fact, they even officially acknowledged their plan to locate at Pleasant Ridge, but this was just prior to the economic slow-down.  Frankly though, between Arthur's and Sonny William's, they'd have to bring their A game to compete.

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Sonny Williams and Arthur's is why Ruth's Chris hasn't come into the market.  This size market already has two good steakhouses and some would put Riverfront Steakhouse in the category as well.  Could Ruth's Chris survive in this market with the established competitors?

I think Sonny Williams and Arthur's is why Ruth's Chris hasn't come into the market. This size market already has two good steakhouses and some would put Riverfront Steakhouse in the category as well. Could Ruth's Chris survive in this market with the established competitors?

I'm sure the market can support another high end steakhouse.

• 2 weeks later...

From 2005 

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/50407/more-pleasant-ridge-tenant-names-surfacing

More Pleasant Ridge Tenant Names Surfacing

by Arkansas Business staff  on Monday, Aug. 29, 2005 12:00 am  

Speaking of Pleasant Ridge Town Center, we've heard some new names and numbers associated with the project.

Based on some of the numbers we've seen, the project is about 75 percent leased. Would-be tenants new to the market include:

• Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, a restaurant chain based in Newport Beach, Calif.

• Nine West, a women's shoes and accessories store that's part of New York's Jones Apparel Group.

• White House/Black Market, a monochromatic women's clothing chain based in Fort Myers, Fla.

• The Children's Place, a children's clothing chain based in Secaucus, N.J.

• Rack Room Shoes, based in Charlotte, N.C., and part of the Deichmann Schuhe of Germany.

• Kiehl's, a health and beauty chain based in New York City.

• Pei Wei, an Asian diner chain based in Scottsdale, Ariz.

• Ritz Camera of Irvine, Calif.

• Oil & Vinegar, a culinary shop chain headquartered in The Netherlands.

• Aveda, selling the beauty products of the Blaine, Minn.-based corporation.

These would join two other known retailers new to the Little Rock shopping scene: a two-story, 120,000-SF Parisian department store and The Fresh Market, a 20,400-SF upscale grocery store.

We understand Books-A-Million is set to return to the Little Rock market as part of the tenant line up, too.

I knew I had read where Flemings would be in Pleasant Ridge.  

From 2005 

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article/50407/more-pleasant-ridge-tenant-names-surfacing

I knew I had read where Flemings would be in Pleasant Ridge.  

That's an interesting list from 9 years ago.

Nine West came and went at Park Plaza.

WH/BM and Children's Place went to the Promenade

Rack Room went to Shackleford Crossing

Pei Wei hasn't found a WLR location yet.

Oil & Vinegar sounds like Strippagio, which is now at the Promenade.

And Books-a-Million? Well, I wouldn't hold my breath for that anywhere in LR.

That's an interesting list from 9 years ago.

Nine West came and went at Park Plaza.

WH/BM and Children's Place went to the Promenade

Rack Room went to Shackleford Crossing

Pei Wei hasn't found a WLR location yet.

Oil & Vinegar sounds like Strippagio, which is now at the Promenade.

And Books-a-Million? Well, I wouldn't hold my breath for that anywhere in LR.

So I wonder why Nine West didn't succeed at Park Plaza?

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PRTC has been hosting a series of "Wednesdays Out West" events throughout May, with the last one — for now — set for this evening from 5 p.m. until 7 p.m.  The live music/silent auction/cash bar event is modeled somewhat on the Little Rock CVB's Big Downtown Thursdays, and benefits the Arkansas chapter of the ALS Foundation. Any word on how well the previous Wednesdays have gone? The rain today may pose a challenge.

Basset is now open. When I was there the other day, there is a strip center across Hwy 10 being built (next to the fire station).  No signage was up and I haven't heard what might be coming.

A mattress place and maybe something else. Don't remember what, though. Must not have been too exciting.

• 3 months later...

Sushi Cafe is coming to the little shopping center just east of Pleasant Ridge Town Center.  The building that has a dry cleaner and a dentist.  I am guessing this will be their second location because I have not heard anything about them moving.

Hmmm...their name has been associated with that development from the beginning, including on the sign (it said "Future home of Sushi Cafe"), but not that it's opened, I don't see where they would go.  Are you sure they're still planning to open?  I like Sushi Cafe, but I also really like "Sky" in Pleasant Ridge.  I hope they wouldn't undermine each other's sales.

Hmmm...their name has been associated with that development from the beginning, including on the sign (it said "Future home of Sushi Cafe"), but not that it's opened, I don't see where they would go.  Are you sure they're still planning to open?  I like Sushi Cafe, but I also really like "Sky" in Pleasant Ridge.  I hope they wouldn't undermine each other's sales.

They had a plumbing permit issued last week but I cannot say for 100% sure.

I went to Pleasant Ridge — and Eleven Two Eleven, by extension — yesterday afternoon, and thought the same thing about Sushi Café.  Seems like the restaurant would've come on line sooner than now.

It'll be interesting to see how much time passes before the former Vesta's space by June's Hallmark gets a new tenant, now that Vesta's has moved across the center to the old Match Point space.  Hopefully, the former Cupcakes on the Ridge space between Belk and The Toggery isn't an indicator of how difficult that pursuit might be.  Belk can do quite a bit for the momentum of the whole development.  Unfortunately, many of their departments yesterday were fairly messy and not that inviting to some shoppers.

Across the street? For those who haven't been in the area in a bit, Mattress Firm and Verizon opened stores comprising all of the building situated between Little Rock Fire Station #16 and the Cantrell West Building.

I went to Pleasant Ridge — and Eleven Two Eleven, by extension — yesterday afternoon, and thought the same thing about Sushi Café.  Seems like the restaurant would've come on line sooner than now.

It'll be interesting to see how much time passes before the former Vesta's space by June's Hallmark gets a new tenant, now that Vesta's has moved across the center to the old Match Point space.  Hopefully, the former Cupcakes on the Ridge space between Belk and The Toggery isn't an indicator of how difficult that pursuit might be.  Belk can do quite a bit for the momentum of the whole development.  Unfortunately, many of their departments yesterday were fairly messy and not that inviting to some shoppers.

Across the street? For those who haven't been in the area in a bit, Mattress Firm and Verizon opened stores comprising all of the building situated between Little Rock Fire Station #16 and the Cantrell West Building.

I agree with your statement about Belk. Just happened to be in the store on Saturday and the shoe department was a mess. Not only that but half of the displays were empty.

• 4 months later...

A new place called Sunrise Cafe is coming. Expected to open in February.

From the Soiree article "According to the owner, Martina Casserly, customers will be able to enjoy coffee, pastries and other breakfast foods, as well as a lunch menu with sandwiches and the like. It’s all the things you’d expect from your favorite cafe, but with the twist of a place “created for sharing the culture and likes of Argentina.”

A new place called Sunrise Cafe is coming. Expected to open in February.

From the Soiree article "According to the owner, Martina Casserly, customers will be able to enjoy coffee, pastries and other breakfast foods, as well as a lunch menu with sandwiches and the like. It’s all the things you’d expect from your favorite cafe, but with the twist of a place “created for sharing the culture and likes of Argentina.”

I read that this morning.  It sounds very intriguing!  Can't wait to try the pastries! 

• 3 months later...

Looks like there's finally someone new for the former Hunan/Far East space in Pleasant Ridge West.  Plumbing permit from 4/24 has been posted for Newk's.

I'll have to say that the first time I tried Newk's in NLR several years ago, I wasn't impressed.  But I've been to the LR Park Avenue location a couple of times and really liked it.  Looks like they're going head-to-head with Panera in at least two locations!

• 3 months later...

Blaze Pizza has applied for a plumbing permit in the center. It appears to be going in the Orange Leaf spot if the Suite # is correct. I haven't been over there in awhile so I do not know if Orange Leaf is still open. Their website lists a Conway location coming soon as well.

http://www.blazepizza.com/

Must be. Orange Leaf's website no longer has the Little Rock store listed. It's a shame, since I really liked their brownie batter yogurt!

Blaze Pizza has applied for a plumbing permit in the center. It appears to be going in the Orange Leaf spot if the Suite # is correct. I haven't been over there in awhile so I do not know if Orange Leaf is still open. Their website lists a Conway location coming soon as well.

http://www.blazepizza.com/

So, is this a rival to Pie Five Pizza?  From the website it looks like a Chipotle assembly line for pizzas.  

• 2 weeks later...

So, is this a rival to Pie Five Pizza?  From the website it looks like a Chipotle assembly line for pizzas.  

Blaze and Pie Five are similar.  Pieology, MOD Pizza, etc.  They are all the same.  Basically trying to be the Chipotle of pizza.  It's sort of scary how many brands there are now.  Blaze is the biggest brand right now while Pie Five is the closest to Little Rock since it's based out of Dallas.  

Word is out that Panera will be leaving Pleasant Ridge when their lease is up some time in the next two years.

Archived