Pictures of Rogers

Okay since I was already out and I had more time than I thought I'd have this weekend I decided I might as well take some pics up in Rogers too. Although I didn't get too far into the city. I'll have to do that some other time. But I did manage to get some pics around a hot spot in Rogers around the Pinnacle Hills area. So it's mainly pics of developments. I'll start off near Tuscan Square. Wish I could have taken some closer shots. But they aren't usually keen and having people walk into construction zones. They even had quite a few of the side roads closed off so I had to drive further down the street and walk all the way back. Maybe I'll take some more pics in the future or possibly even after it's finished. The sign I think refers to another development but it was right next to Tuscan square. The other pics are from around The Peak. I can't keep up with everything going on up there. Not sure if this is something Matt has mentioned or not. Matt should be able to fill me and everyone else on some of the pics.

img51645rp.jpg

img51661am.jpg

img51655tm.jpg

img51601wb.jpg

img51595rv.jpg

img51616ct.jpg

img51623ph.jpg

img51631yd.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More pics of developments. Although there are some buildings and developments that are finished in this area. But it's almost like one huge construction site in this whole area. It's really something to see acres and acres on both sides of I-540 under construction. The first couple are of what I think is a JB Hunt Building. Not to be confused with the headquarters down the road in Lowell. Then there's some sort of office buildings that is still being worked on across the street from it. Then there's the Embassy Suites that's right next to the JB Hunt Building. There's also a development going on right next to it, the one in yellow. Maybe Matt can tell us if this is the convention center. I thought I heard Hammins was going to be building it right next to the Embassy Suites.

img51676qa.jpg

img51682sz.jpg

img51735ot.jpg

img51758yl.jpg

img52390pj.jpg

img52436bu.jpg

img51808gn.jpg

img51812cl.jpg

img51838vz.jpg

img51867km.jpg

img51875nx.jpg

Did anyone know that Rogers has an official color? Here it is.

img52358aw.jpg

The reddish orange color of the soil up here. I guess it's a bit more orangish, not quite the dark red color that you find out in west Oklahoma. You will see plenty of this color in northwest Arkansas in particular in Rogers. Then there's some pics of a development on the east side of I-540. You can't really see I-540 because it's a bit down in a valley here. Not sure what all of this is going to be. It's just south of the new Home Depot. Is this going to be the future Pinnacle Hills Promenade? Guess Matt will have to let us know. As I said before I can't keep all of these developments straight up here in Rogers. Then there's a few pics of a development back on the west side where I was when I took these pics. It's a bit north of the former Market at Pinnacle Hills, or maybe it was Pinnacle Point. Don't know what this is either. Guess these may not be the most exciting pics. Although Matt will probably like them. :D I'll probably look back at these pics and laugh 5 years from now when most of this area is already majorly developed. But I thought someone might find it interesting to see some of these developments Matt's been talking a lot about.

img51889wg.jpg

img51911po.jpg

img51991io.jpg

img52002bw.jpg

img52015jj.jpg

Here's some pics as I walked further north of some areas already finished. In fact some of these have been here for years already. Including the former Market at Pinnacle Hills. I'm pretty sure I saw movement in there. Have you heard anything about what it's going to be?

img51924sr.jpg

img51931hg.jpg

img51954wg.jpg

img51971ka.jpg

img51983xh.jpg

And Matt is this one of the coffeeshops you mentioned in the Northwest Arkansas Skybar topic?

img51962bf.jpg

What did I tell you about Rogers? Eh Eh

Yeah, the development next to Tuscany Square is Centre Point Development. All I know is that a Walgreen's is coming there, but it's suppose to be around 300,000 square feet in a Power Center "Big Box" Kind of Retail.

The Condos at the Peaks are a pretty big condo development up here in Benton County. Each one of these condo's starts out around $350,000 and can get quite pricy.

BTW, when did you take the pics of Rogers?

I was just at the Pleasant Grove Wal-Mart across from Tuscany Square today around 10am.

I've got to run right now, but I promise I'll inform everyone on all the projects and their pictures.

Also, Very Nice Pictures!!!!!

What did I tell you about Rogers? Eh Eh

Yeah, the development next to Tuscany Square is Centre Point Development. All I know is that a Walgreen's is coming there, but it's suppose to be around 300,000 square feet in a Power Center "Big Box" Kind of Retail.

The Condos at the Peaks are a pretty big condo development up here in Benton County. Each one of these condo's starts out around $350,000 and can get quite pricy.

BTW, when did you take the pics of Rogers?

I was just at the Pleasant Grove Wal-Mart across from Tuscany Square today around 10am.

I've got to run right now, but I promise I'll inform everyone on all the projects and their pictures.

Also, Very Nice Pictures!!!!!

I think I was still at James at the Mill at 10:00 this morning. I wasn't paying real close attention when I got up to Rogers. If you saw some guy walking around taking pics it was certainly me. :D I seem to draw a lot of attention to myself. Not sure if it's because not too many people tend to take pics of some of the stuff I do. Just maybe it's also because I've been told by a lot of people that I look like one of the guys on Mythbusters. I guess I had forgotten about The Peaks being condos. Is the black building next to it just office space? Yeah make sure you come back and tell me and everyone else about all these developments. Also feel free to reuse any of these pics for your Benton County/Rogers development topic.

Here's a couple of twin office buildings near the area. Not the most impressive buildings, especially compared to other areas. But I figured Matt would appreciate some more 'urban' looking pics. Then there's the last pic I forgot to post in the previous topic.

img52024qn.jpg

img52038vg.jpg

img52052nc.jpg

img52063sq.jpg

img52074io.jpg

img52087xv.jpg

img52097fv.jpg

img52122gk.jpg

img52132dr.jpg

img52108ae.jpg

img52151si.jpg

img52160co.jpg

Okay here's the last group of pics. I would have liked to go more into Rogers and taken some pics closer to their downtown. For that matter Bentonville too. But I didn't really need to spend all day taking pics and all night uploading and posting them. I really only meant to go to Johnson and take some pics in the first place. I'll try to take some more pics of Rogers and Bentonville sometime in the future. Maybe Matt can give me some ideas of where to go. But anyway here's some pics of the Shoppes at Pinnacle Hills. They finished one building earlier this year. Not sure what the timetable is on the rest of the development.

img52383lh.jpg

img51774zg.jpg

img52366ut.jpg

img51798rd.jpg

img51847kk.jpg

img51854zx.jpg

img52224lq.jpg

img52236jh.jpg

img52240mu.jpg

img52240mu.jpg

img52208ha.jpg

img52285mj.jpg

img52328as.jpg

Not sure if it's because not too many people tend to take pics of some of the stuff I do. Just maybe it's also because I've been told by a lot of people that I look like one of the guys on Mythbusters. I guess I had forgotten about The Peaks being condos. Is the black building next to it just office space? Yeah make sure you come back and tell me and everyone else about all these developments. Also feel free to reuse any of these pics for your Benton County/Rogers development topic.

Really, Do you look like Adam or Jamie?

The Black building next to the Condos at the Peaks is an Office Building, I do wish that they would have gone more vertical on it.

I'll try to fill in as much as possible.

The 3 Story curved building that you took pics of is the Parkway Bank HQ Building. Really is quite nice, actually my favorite.

The Rest of the Buildings in the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills are supposed to be finished in the next month or so. They were actually suppose to be completed by Summer of this year but the price of oil halted construction for a while.

Also, the old Market Grocery Store is being converted into NWA's first New York style restaurant. The Restaurant will be called Eat This and will be a New York Style Deli with a Bakery in it as well. I'm not sure if there is even a New York Style Restaurant in Arkansas for that matter. I can't wait for it to open, it should be done by Feburary 2006.

If you want a few locations to take pictures up here, here's some.

The Rogers Downtown (small, but has some nice looking buildings).

Bentonville Downtown (growing great)

Horsebarn Road in Rogers next to Pinnacle

Walton Boulevard in Bentonville from I-540 to Walmart HQ.

Pinnacle Promenade

Really, Do you look like Adam or Jamie?

The Black building next to the Condos at the Peaks is an Office Building, I do wish that they would have gone more vertical on it.

I'll try to fill in as much as possible.

The 3 Story curved building that you took pics of is the Parkway Bank HQ Building. Really is quite nice, actually my favorite.

The Rest of the Buildings in the Shopps at Pinnacle Hills are supposed to be finished in the next month or so. They were actually suppose to be completed by Summer of this year but the price of oil halted construction for a while.

Also, the old Market Grocery Store is being converted into NWA's first New York style restaurant. The Restaurant will be called Eat This and will be a New York Style Deli with a Bakery in it as well. I'm not sure if there is even a New York Style Restaurant in Arkansas for that matter. I can't wait for it to open, it should be done by Feburary 2006.

If you want a few locations to take pictures up here, here's some.

The Rogers Downtown (small, but has some nice looking buildings).

Bentonville Downtown (growing great)

Horsebarn Road in Rogers next to Pinnacle

Walton Boulevard in Bentonville from I-540 to Walmart HQ.

Pinnacle Promenade

jamieheadshot.jpg

Jamie, although I don't know if it's really that I look that much like him. That is a shot of him not me. I think it's more the fact I wear glasses a bit like his, keep my hair really short not really shaven like him. And the big thing is the facial hair, I don't think it's quite like his but close I suppose and I guess it's not like you see too many people with that type of facial hair anymore. I do sometimes wear those white button up shirts like he tends to do also. And I do wear hats although I don't actually have a beret. But anyway if you see anyone that looks a bit like Jamie taking pics then it's me. I don't know if the reason I seem to attract so much attention when I take pics is because I look like him or if people are wondering why I'm taking pics of the things that I do. But anyway back to the main topic. I did see people inside the old Market so I guess their still fixing it up. I don't know if we've had a New York style deli, although I think we might have once in Fayetteville. We've actually had two different chicago style delis but unfortunately both ended up closing. The last one didn't have the greatest location in the world. That and he kept having problems getting his authentic food in. You'd go there and you couldn't get half the menu. I don't think that helped a lot either. So the rest of the Shoppes will be done in a month, guess I didn't think it was going to be quite that soon. I seem to recall you mentioning them before. Anything particular about it compared to some of the other locations around Rogers? And since I can't keep all these locations straight what's the construction on the other side of I-540? And any idea what that development is just north of the Market? And is that coffeeshop I took a picture of one that you mentioned recently? Fell free to answer all those questions when you get the chance. :D

Thanks for those other suggestions, not sure if I'll have time before the holidays to really get up there again and take any pics. Some of those you might have to give me some directions to, I'm not too familiar with Rogers or Bentonville. I do remember seeing a Horsebarn Rd, was that just north of where I was? And was that Pinnacle Hills Promenade on the other side of I-540 from where I was? I'll also have to take a closer look in my posts to see if I had anything other questions I've forgotten mixed in there. As I said I know I've asked a lot so just answer whenever you get time. :D

jamieheadshot.jpg

So the rest of the Shoppes will be done in a month, guess I didn't think it was going to be quite that soon. I seem to recall you mentioning them before. Anything particular about it compared to some of the other locations around Rogers? And since I can't keep all these locations straight what's the construction on the other side of I-540? And any idea what that development is just north of the Market? And is that coffeeshop I took a picture of one that you mentioned recently? Fell free to answer all those questions when you get the chance. :D

That's cool, I love MithBusters.

Now to answer some questions.

The Urban Espresso Cafe that you mentioned was a part of the Market Grocery Store, and closed with it. But, the new New York Style Pizzeria and Deli is going to include a coffee shop and a bakery, so we should be covered in that market.

The Development just north of the Market I'm pretty sure is the Church at Pinnacle Hills. The Church is suppose to be around $35 Million or so in Construction.

Yes, The Promenade was on the other side of you, and the Mercy Hospital with the large "T" Crane is just North of that.

So, Did you feel the urbanism while you were there?

That's cool, I love MithBusters.

Now to answer some questions.

The Urban Espresso Cafe that you mentioned was a part of the Market Grocery Store, and closed with it. But, the new New York Style Pizzeria and Deli is going to include a coffee shop and a bakery, so we should be covered in that market.

The Development just north of the Market I'm pretty sure is the Church at Pinnacle Hills. The Church is suppose to be around $35 Million or so in Construction.

Yes, The Promenade was on the other side of you, and the Mercy Hospital with the large "T" Crane is just North of that.

So, Did you feel the urbanism while you were there?

Yeah I like the show too. Maybe I'll have to get a friend to take a pic of me and I can post it on here one of these days. I think I saw a building that had a sign that it was the Church at Pinnacle Hills. Are they moving? Whenever I'm back up there I'll have to see if there are any areas where I can stop and take some pics of the Promenade also. And yes I could feel an 'urban' feel that I haven't seen around Fayetteville. Now if they will start building up a little more in that area and it will really be impressive.

Yeah I like the show too. Maybe I'll have to get a friend to take a pic of me and I can post it on here one of these days. I think I saw a building that had a sign that it was the Church at Pinnacle Hills. Are they moving? Whenever I'm back up there I'll have to see if there are any areas where I can stop and take some pics of the Promenade also. And yes I could feel an 'urban' feel that I haven't seen around Fayetteville. Now if they will start building up a little more in that area and it will really be impressive.

Yes, the Church at Pinnacle Hills is moving, but only about 100 feet. The Church is rented out of one of the office buildings, so now they will have a permanet place.

The area is building up a lot more, and in about 5 years, it will have a small very well defined metro that will have an urban feel.

Yes, the Church at Pinnacle Hills is moving, but only about 100 feet. The Church is rented out of one of the office buildings, so now they will have a permanet place.

The area is building up a lot more, and in about 5 years, it will have a small very well defined metro that will have an urban feel.

Yeah it will be strange to see the area in 5 years compared to now or especially from what it was a year or so ago.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Matt what what streets make up the Rogers downtown area? I'm trying to see where it is on Google Earth. That way I can have a mental picture in my mind whenever I get up there to look around and take some pics.

Let's see, Downtown Rogers is made up of Cypress, First St., Second St., and Poplar. Can't wait to see some pics from the area on the forum.

Let's see, Downtown Rogers is made up of Cypress, First St., Second St., and Poplar. Can't wait to see some pics from the area on the forum.

If I had to guess at a timeframe for myself, it probably won't be till January. I just don't think I'll have time in December to get up there.

Thanks, now I can figure out a plan to get there and over to Bentonville's square. Looking on Google earth, I see a building with a red roof that stands out. It's on the corner of W Poplar and 2nd. Any idea what it is?

Great Pictures, Mith!

There is definately some development going on in Rogers!

It looks like a nice city and a nice area.

If I am able to make it up to NW Arkansas sometime next summer, I will definately have to check out Rogers.

Just let us know and we'll see what we can do to help you out.

Great Pictures, Mith!

There is definately some development going on in Rogers!

It looks like a nice city and a nice area.

If I am able to make it up to NW Arkansas sometime next summer, I will definately have to check out Rogers.

Thanks for the compliments NCB!!!

If you need directions or anything, just give a shout.

• 1 month later...

Finally some more pics of Rogers. I'll start off with some around the Rogers Historical Museum. Didn't take a lot of pics here. I forgot to buy me another memory card and was worried about running out of space since I was trying to hit several Benton County locations. I should have tried to take more pics inside than what I did. The mandolin was owned by Will Rogers. I had no idea his wife was from the area. The Hawkins House is just next door to the museum. Should have waited and taken a tour of it but I didn't have as much time as I had initially planned.

img0615s8ea.jpg

img0618s2la.jpg

img0621s0xd.jpg

img0614s0ev.jpg

img0613s1ln.jpg

More pics later.

Archived