Atlanta To Host Premier One Of This Year's Most Anticipated Films

Student

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It will be at the Regal Cinema @ Atlantic Station. Ticket pricings are located inside the press release.

monsoon. I understand. I just found out about the movie on a television commerical. I didn't even know that they were making a King Kong movie. I'm not too excited about even seeing the movie on an average day.

I'm not trying to rain on Atlanta's parade, but it's really hard to get excited about a movie that is a remake of a remake. Hollywood has already done, King Kong twice.

I think there are more than a few people that would disagree with you and this movie will undoubtedly be one of the most successful to be released this year.

Btw I there will probably be other premiere elsewhere.

I think there are more than a few people that would disagree with you and this movie will undoubtedly be one of the most successful to be released this year.

Sad commentary on the product that Hollywood is putting out these days if the most successful movie they can make now is a remake of a 70 year old movie. I have no doubt however that plenty of people will go to see it.

Atlanta is developing a reputation as "Hollywood Of THe South". Being the primary filming location for various movies, it has also held many red-carpet events like The Premiere of The Gospel. Carrying on this trend, Atlanta will premiere one of this years most anticipated films. King Kong

Here is the Press Release

Well I'll certainly give my congrats to Atlanta on this, but is this event considered to be a big deal in ATL?

I've been in Atlanta for a few days now, and I havent heard or seen anything about it at all.

BTW, I guess now New Orleans, Memphis, and Atlanta are "Hollywood South" ;)

BTW you gotta throw miami in that list too. cant wait for Miami Vice.

I meant New Orleans canned "Hollywood South" back in 2002, right after Ray Nagin took office, because of all the tax incentives Louisiana offers to movie producers. Then Tennessee introduced a similar tax break plan around 2004, and Memphis also became "Hollywood South." I think Houston launched a "Hollywood South" slogan a few months ago, and now we have Atlanta.

But yea, Miami is definately on the list of southern cities with many movies being produced there.

Question: Are those "Hollywood of the South" cities counting location shoots, (industry owned) studio productions or both? Or is it overall productions, whether industry-related or not? Industrial shoots? Are they counting post-production facilities? Large talent pools utilized in productions? What is it exactly?

The _King Kong_ benefit premiere is technically the "world" premiere for the film. It is not the movie premiere, which signals the beginning of public viewing. The benefit is more of a preview actually. The money goes to a good cause whether you think the movie is good or not. Helping to save this planet's animals is never a bad thing, is it?

Question: Are those "Hollywood of the South" cities counting location shoots, (industry owned) studio productions or both? Or is it overall productions, whether industry-related or not? Industrial shoots? Are they counting post-production facilities? Large talent pools utilized in productions? What is it exactly?

The only one I can really tell you about is New Orleans.

New Orleans counts all types of facilities used during the production and filming of movies or T.V. shows.

NOLA calls itself "Hollywood of the south" mainly because many hollywood producers call it that themselves.

There has been an explosion of production facilities and sets built in New Orleans, and many new facilities are already back under construction after Katrina. The videogame industry is also starting to look at New Orleans, as Louisiana offers tax credits to videogame producers and developers now just as they do for movies.

What has been going on in Atlanta with the film industry recently?

Atlanta has had a few movies filmed in it recently. I don't know if I'd call it "Hollywood South" yet because it hasn't reached that level, but it has had its share of movies filmed here in the last year.

Such movies include:

Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Beautyshop

Gospel

The Last Adam (Currently being filmed--former mayor Sam Massell has a small part in it)

And it has been featured in many music videos, of course.

But the title of "hollywood pf the South" really goes to Wilmington, NC, the third largest production area in the nation.

I think that King Kong is going to be a good one. Peter Jackson has done pretty well for himself. He only films movies on location, and keeps away from hollywood studios. BTW, the "Hollywood of the East" (more or less the south) is Wilmington NC. No other place outside hollywood has more production/films/studios.

I think that King Kong is going to be a good one. Peter Jackson has done pretty well for himself. He only films movies on location, and keeps away from hollywood studios. BTW, the "Hollywood of the East" (more or less the south) is Wilmington NC. No other place outside hollywood has more production/films/studios.

I thought I read that it was third. Behind some place else here on the east coast.

This is from memory and a little fuzzy but we were on our way to becoming Hollywood East Coast but the city and counties turned down a tax break for the industry. That's what it takes and nothing else. They are an industry that is bought and sold. The studios would probably all move from Cali if someone offered a better tax package for them. Remember some of the studios are owned by Japanese firms and not sentimental Americans.

When was the last time that a TV show was from Atlanta... Matlock (sp?). Do you remember that they just tried a show about LAX? Why not Hartsfield-Jackson??? We

^ Here's you a sitcom plot that could take place in Atlanta:

Setting is in Sandy Springs, in a 1970's subdivision where one person tears down a ranch home to build a mcmansion. The occupant winds up being a Black conservative real estate developer who is later confronted by his next door neighbor who is a White liberal NIMBY activist. The other setting could be at the neighborhood shopping center where they bump into each other at the chain coffee store or the chain restaurant. Also, other characters would be the Iranian laundry owner & the Nigerian coffee shop manager.

Setting is in Sandy Springs, in a 1970's subdivision where one person tears down a ranch home to build a mcmansion. The occupant winds up being a Black conservative real estate developer who is later confronted by his next door neighbor who is a White liberal NIMBY activist. The other setting could be at the neighborhood shopping center where they bump into each other at the chain coffee store or the chain restaurant. Also, other characters would be the Iranian laundry owner & the Nigerian coffee shop manager.

You make me laugh so......... :rofl:

I swear I saw an audition for movie like this.

Archived