Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RemusCal

Taylor vs. Hopkins

I just want to congratulate Jermaine Taylor tonight on winning this fight. He put Hopkins to shame. Also, did anyone see Gov. Huckabee and his wife sitting on the second row? I thought that was pretty cool that they went and supported him as well. Great Fight!

I just want to congratulate Jermaine Taylor tonight on winning this fight. He put Hopkins to shame. Also, did anyone see Gov. Huckabee and his wife sitting on the second row? I thought that was pretty cool that they went and supported him as well. Great Fight!

Yes, congratulations to Jermain! I love the fact that he wore a robe with a Razorback on it, and had "ARKANSAS" on his trunks again. He's a great representative of Arkansas and a great champ!

capt.nvtg11412040439.taylor_hopkins_nvtg114.jpg

capt.nvjh10212040528.taylor_hopkins_nvjh102.jpg

I'm not a big boxing fan, although I did think about mentioning this before in the sports topic. It is nice that he does display his Arkansas roots. I hope he continues to do well.

Taylor is the nicest guy in the world and Hopkins is a thug. I'm so glad Jermaine pulled if off again.

Get ready for title defenses at Alltel Arena. I saw his "Night of the Olympians" there and boxing in-person is a lot more fun than I ever would've thought.

Taylor is the nicest guy in the world and Hopkins is a thug. I'm so glad Jermaine pulled if off again.

Get ready for title defenses at Alltel Arena. I saw his "Night of the Olympians" there and boxing in-person is a lot more fun than I ever would've thought.

I was hoping he might start doing some fights here in Arkansas.

I was hoping he might start doing some fights here in Arkansas.

He did 2-3 in LR already and he plans on having multiple title defenses there. I wouldn't be surprised if down the road he considered one at BWA but I don't think it would be possible because of the alcohol issue on-campus. I'd expect one in Memphis as well.

I especially enjoyed the press Conference where Taylor compared Hopkins to a little crying baby that he had in his hands and told the audience that they both had the same hair. :rofl:

Great Fight!!

I especially enjoyed the press Conference where Taylor compared Hopkins to a little crying baby that he had in his hands and told the audience that they both had the same hair. :rofl:

Great Fight!!

Hopkins has never been anything but a thug. JT handled everything with class and complemented Hopkins after both fights and BH insisted he was robbed. JT clearly won both fights with ease.

He did it while wearing trunks with "ARKANSAS" across the butt and a cape with a Razorback on it. You have to love the way the guy loves his home state.

ESPN.com this morning had 3 Pulaski Co products on its front page - Taylor, Atlanta Hawks SF Joe Johnson, and Central Arkansas Christian product AJ Burnett, the most sought after free agent pitcher in the majors.

That doesn't happen too often.