Greenville's own winery & vineyard

gs3

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm surprised this one isn't known by all residents of Greenville. Then again, it isn't advertised everywhere either. Originally, it was to be the beginning of an authentic French village in the foothills, complete with shops, cafes, and such. It is loaded with French antiques. The developer ended up selling to Jim Anthony of Cliffs Communities. Many corporations have retreats and conferences there every year. You can pick up a brochure at the SC Welcome Centers and (I think) City Hall.

I actually stayed here on my wedding night, since my plane for my honeymoon didn't leave until the next day. It's by far the best hotel even close to Greenville. There's only about 12 rooms, and each is huge, have fireplaces, and incredible bathrooms with jacuzzi tubs. I haven't been in too many nice hotels, but these rooms even blow the Ritz away. $300/night is worth it for a special occasion.

Thanks guys!

There are actually several French style homes on past the vineyards (you drive through through the vineyards to get to them). Does anyone know if they have actually released the wines fore sale yet?

Haven't tried any myself. I did have dinner there a couple of years ago, at the time, no wines had yet to be released.

Cool place. I think this is where Kevin Costner, Kurt and Goldie, etc. stay when they are in town for the BMW tournament. Greenvilles own little brush with stars. :P

Hmmm...a well-kept secret indeed! I lived in upstate SC for almost 23 years (4 of those in Greenville) before moving out to TX, and not once until now have I even heard of such a place close to GV. I've driven up US 25 to TR and points north on quite a few occasions and have never seen it. How long has La Bastide been around?

• 1 month later...

With news of the USPRO Cycling Championship moving to Greenville, and specifically within the Cliffs Communities, owner and operator of La Bastide and the Crescent Mountain Vinyards, I wonder if the dream af an authentic French village among the foothills of Northern Greenville County will be fulfilled anytime soon? What a tremendous opportunity for this place to come into its own on a national level! :D

• 1 month later...

Thanks, gsupstate. That's the one I remembered, but couldn't think of the name. Glad to see they are making things a little more public now. This is one absolutely beautiful location very well hidden in the foothills. The only way to find it (if you don't already know) is by accidentally driving by the entrance. :thumbsup:beer.gif(pretend it's wine) :lol:

In some ways, I'm glad to see them getting publicity, but I'd also like this area to remain less developed because of its natural beauty. After studying the Table Rock area real estate for a few years, "business" has really begun to pick up and rise in cost.

Here's another Greenville area vineyard/winery I just found out about. Check out the website (still under construction):

http://www.victoriavalleyvineyards.com/

thanks for the info gsupstate!! i didn't know they had a website. this vineyard is actually about 2 miles from my home and is beautiful. i hope the area around the vineyard will continue grow in a smart and tasteful fashion! :)

thanks for the info gsupstate!! i didn't know they had a website. this vineyard is actually about 2 miles from my home and is beautiful. i hope the area around the vineyard will continue grow in a smart and tasteful fashion! :)

Can you see the vineyard/winery from the road? I'd love to check them out and see if they have a tour.

Such a beautiful area! Tablrock, do you have a view of Table Rock mountain?

Can you see the vineyard/winery from the road? I'd love to check them out and see if they have a tour.

Such a beautiful area! Tablrock, do you have a view of Table Rock mountain?

yes and yes. the winery is located on the road (i forget the name) that runs beside aunt sues and the main building and vineyards can be seen from the road. it is a beautiful location. to answer your second question i can see tablrock from my home. it is a treat to live in that area, however the daily commute to greenville can on occasion grow tiresome.

The commute to the city is well worth the location among the foothills and mountains. :wub: For some, this is the way to live, at a getaway setting in the country. As I said earlier, it would be sad to see that area become less rural and more suburban, but the real estate market has been gaining steam in the past few years. :(

The commute to the city is well worth the location among the foothills and mountains. :wub: For some, this is the way to live, at a getaway setting in the country. As I said earlier, it would be sad to see that area become less rural and more suburban, but the real estate market has been gaining steam in the past few years. :(

skyliner u make a very good point about that area not becomming suburban. however for us "country folk" who live in hwy 11 area it would be VERY nice to c a little more retail. the dilemma being, if u want 2 "run" 2 the grocery store, it's a lot farther than u may think. as i said before as long as it is done in a smart and tasteful manner. for instance, a small grocery store that would have the look of a log cabin. i don't know if any of u guys have ever been 2 the IGA in helen georgia, but if u have then u know of what i speak. trust me, i have talked with others who live in the area and we don't want hwy 11 to become another pigeon forge (god forbid) :rolleyes: . also as far as the winery is concerned wouldn't it be gr8 if it added a few more amenties such as a small luxury inn/resort and restuarant along with a spa perhaps. i know i'm probably dreaming here, but i suppose dreaming is allowed. :)

Archived