Growth in Benton/Bryant

There's a lot going on in Bryant these days! More and more retailers and service providers have set up shop as more and more rooftops dot the landscape of the growing bedroom community.

Reports of a new major retail center coming to town came as a surprise to some who thought the project would locate in Benton or even the Otter Creek area of Little Rock.

But the $50 million Alcoa Exchange Shopping Center development will call Bryant home. Or more precisely, most of the 300,000-SF project will. A 5-acre piece of the site at the southeast corner of Alcoa Road and Interstate 30 lies within the Benton city limits.

Set to open in October 2006, the center will have a 126,000-SF Target, 72,000-SF Kohl

Edited by tim2462

Hey everybody, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been reading posts on here for several months, and finally decided to start participating. I found this site by accident, and I'm sure glad I did. It was nice to see other people talking about the things I'm interested in. I'll do my best to keep everybody "posted" on anything I learn about.

Hey everybody, thanks for the warm welcome. I've been reading posts on here for several months, and finally decided to start participating. I found this site by accident, and I'm sure glad I did. It was nice to see other people talking about the things I'm interested in. I'll do my best to keep everybody "posted" on anything I learn about.

Awesome.

I found the site by accident as well.

Glad to have you onboard!!

Yep, I also found it by accident. To be honest that's probably how most of us come across it. But thanks for decided to participate. It's always nice to have someone else come aboard.

• 3 weeks later...

I just happened to notice yesterday that they are building an Applebee's in Benton. Actually, it's almost finished. I don't know how that one slipped by me. I haven't heard any mention of it anywhere...and usually you'd be hearing the alcohol arguments by now. I wonder if they will serve it there since Saline is dry. I'm not even sure if Saline Co. has any private club restaurants.

Hate to get off topic here. Does anyone have any ideas what traffic will be like in Little Rock today? I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait or go ahead and head out as soon as I'm through packing. But if the usualt rush hour traffic will be going on then maybe I want to make sure I don't try to hit Little Rock around that time period.

Hate to get off topic here. Does anyone have any ideas what traffic will be like in Little Rock today? I'm trying to decide whether or not to wait or go ahead and head out as soon as I'm through packing. But if the usualt rush hour traffic will be going on then maybe I want to make sure I don't try to hit Little Rock around that time period.

Usual rush hour traffic will be going on from 3ish til about 6ish. But that shouldn't be too bad for you. You'll be driving against the flow, for the most part. Conway to Little Rock should be a breeze, since most of the traffic is heading to Faulkner County. If you are going to be here during rush hour, it may be best to avoid I-630...I-430 should be fine as long as you're not trying to get on I-30 heading to Saline County...then you'd have delays. It just all depends on what part of town you'll be in.

Sorry, don't know....but think of all the pictures!

I'm considering, but I'm not really making any plans this trip. I'd figure I'd spend more time with family and such. I'll try to make more of an effort a little later. Hopefully I'll have gotten my new camera by then.

Usual rush hour traffic will be going on from 3ish til about 6ish. But that shouldn't be too bad for you. You'll be driving against the flow, for the most part. Conway to Little Rock should be a breeze, since most of the traffic is heading to Faulkner County. If you are going to be here during rush hour, it may be best to avoid I-630...I-430 should be fine as long as you're not trying to get on I-30 heading to Saline County...then you'd have delays. It just all depends on what part of town you'll be in.

I wasn't sure if some people were like me and had short work days or if holiday shopping traffic would cause me any problems. I'll be going towards Pine Bluff. So basically I-40 then I-530. Anyway thanks for the info Tim.

I'm considering, but I'm not really making any plans this trip. I'd figure I'd spend more time with family and such. I'll try to make more of an effort a little later. Hopefully I'll have gotten my new camera by then.

I wasn't sure if some people were like me and had short work days or if holiday shopping traffic would cause me any problems. I'll be going towards Pine Bluff. So basically I-40 then I-530. Anyway thanks for the info Tim.

I don't think shopping traffic will be too much of an extra problem. Not sure about people getting off early...I work in the evenings. If you are here in rush hour...I-40 will be pretty bad due to the amnt of traffic with all of the construction on I-40 in NLR...they are widening it to 8 lanes through there. Then when you get on I-30 from I-40, it will be slowgoing through downtown...but that gives you more time to admire the skyline lol.

I don't think shopping traffic will be too much of an extra problem. Not sure about people getting off early...I work in the evenings. If you are here in rush hour...I-40 will be pretty bad due to the amnt of traffic with all of the construction on I-40 in NLR...they are widening it to 8 lanes through there. Then when you get on I-30 from I-40, it will be slowgoing through downtown...but that gives you more time to admire the skyline lol.

Yeah I might wait a few hours just to try to avoid the rush. If I wanted to enjoy the view I think I'd want to see it closer than the road construction of I-40 in North Little Rock. :D I'm almost considering stopping on my way down and take a few pics. Guess I might have to wait and see how dark it is and such. I don't know if I want to park over at the Clinton Library and walk with a tripod over towards the River Market and closer to the central downtown area. By the way are any areas over there not to walk around at night? Maybe I should ask that first before thinking about it.

Yeah I might wait a few hours just to try to avoid the rush. If I wanted to enjoy the view I think I'd want to see it closer than the road construction of I-40 in North Little Rock. :D I'm almost considering stopping on my way down and take a few pics. Guess I might have to wait and see how dark it is and such. I don't know if I want to park over at the Clinton Library and walk with a tripod over towards the River Market and closer to the central downtown area. By the way are any areas over there not to walk around at night? Maybe I should ask that first before thinking about it.

[/quote

Downtown is very safe at night. Everywhere you'd be going will be fine. I just wouldn't go down broadway toward 630, south of 630 isn't so great...but you wouldn't be that far away from downtown...you'll be safe...there are usually a lot of people out, and the police always have a presence.

I didn't figure it would be bad, but thought I still might want to ask just in case. But I haven't even decided whether I'm going to stop and take any pics anyway. I probably should just save it for another time. Maybe I'll just have to make a quick decision after I'm already down there.

I didn't figure it would be bad, but thought I still might want to ask just in case. But I haven't even decided whether I'm going to stop and take any pics anyway. I probably should just save it for another time. Maybe I'll just have to make a quick decision after I'm already down there.

The pictures won't be as good with all of the trees being bare. I'm ready for spring and summer...I miss the green! If it has to be cold and the trees have to be bare, then atleast give me some white!

Edited by tim2462

The pictures won't be as good with all of the trees being bare. I'm ready for spring and summer...I miss the green! If it has to be cold and the trees have to be bare, then atleast give me some white!

At least you have some evergreen trees down there. Almost everything up here is deciduous. But I know what you mean. I wouldn't mind some snow although I wouldn't want it today while I'm traveling.