Growth in Benton/Bryant

Comfort zone is used all the time as a description of something that feels right. Not sure there's anything to feel antagonistic about.

Benton has been largely forgotten about while Bryant grew so much. It is now attempting to curb some of this, which makes sense to me. I'm not sure how much these slogans work, but I certainly don't blame Benton for trying to change people's mind about it.

To each his own of course, but to me I was just sort of stunned. It doesn't even sound like a great slogan without the connotation!

• 8 months later...

• 2 years later...

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/152485/2/Benton-businesses-concerned-about-Military-Rd-expansion

Military Road expansion causes some concerns to area residents over the raised concrete median instead of a continuous center turn lane. PDF included in story showing the coming changes.

Overall it seems people seem to lie the idea of medians, that is, until it's being done near where they live or work. I'm not that familiar with what that area looks like. But I prefer the type of medians Fayetteville has been going for. More the type with trees in the center. More of a boulevard style street. But even in Fayetteville these medians have gotten some people riled up when it happens 'in their backyard'.

• 4 years later...

Is there any new developments going on this area?

Hurricane Creek Village is just about done. It has a Kroger Marketplace, Academy Sports, and Slim Chickens. Not sure what will fill the couple small store fronts on the end besides an urgent care clinic. I read that Chuy's, Panda Express, and Longhorn Steakhouse are looking as well. It is located across I-30 from the Alcoa Exchange with Target,Kohl's, etc.

Benton Town Center has been announced. I haven't seen any work yet. It is at the very end of Benton just before the Haskell exit. It is slated to have a Michael's, Dick's, Ulta, TJ Maxx, and Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Edited by Smith

Hurricane Creek Village is just about done. It has a Kroger Marketplace, Academy Sports, and Slim Chickens. Not sure what will fill the couple small store fronts on the end besides an urgent care clinic. I read that Chuy's, Panda Express, and Longhorn Steakhouse are looking as well. It is located across I-30 from the Alcoa Exchange with Target,Kohl's, etc.

Benton Town Center has been announced. I haven't seen any work yet. It is at the very end of Benton just before the Haskell exit. It is slated to have a Michael's, Dick's, Ulta, TJ Maxx, and Bed, Bath and Beyond.

Benton town center will not be built. 

After not hearing anything on it in a while, I was worried about this. Do you know what happened or what made them change their mind?

All their potential tenants were taken by other developments.  Being further out towards the Haskell exit hurt their ability to attract enough tenants.  This is what I hear.  I'm not 100% certain.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HH Gregg is a good pick-up.  I don't think there is another HH Gregg in Arkansas. 

HH Gregg is a good potential pick-up, if it happens.  No locations are currently in Arkansas, but two are nearby in the Memphis area — one in the Wolfchase section of eastern Memphis, the other south of the state line in Southaven, MS.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/26/2015 at 6:24 PM, Aleck said:

I noticed there is a new Dairy Queen in White Hall. If White Hall has one why doesn't Bryant have one?

Maybe it has something to do with the one in Benton that didn't last a few years ago. I can't quite figure out what it is about the Dairy Queen brand that fails to keep traction among potential franchisees in central Arkansas.

19 hours ago, Allen Alexander said:

I was driving down the interstate between Alcoa and Bryant and noticed a billboard that says there is a hotel coming soon to Bryant. Does anyone have details about this?

I did some research and found the hotel is to be developed by Carlson and the billboard is shared with home town hotel in bryant

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/25/2016 at 5:18 PM, Allen Alexander said:

The Taste of delight in Bryant has closed, and it seems like they are beginning to renovate inside. Does anyone know what is goin in this building?

The equipment was auctioned off in January and the owners sold to people converting it to a liquor store.

Also, Buffalo Wild Wings and Holiday Inn Express are moving in across Alcoa from Target, Kohls, etc.

7 hours ago, Smith said:

The equipment was auctioned off in January and the owners sold to people converting it to a liquor store.

Also, Buffalo Wild Wings and Holiday Inn Express are moving in across Alcoa from Target, Kohls, etc.

Wow! I am suprised that a Buffalo Wild Wings is locating in this area before red lobster or Olive Garden. Even Outback