Growth in Benton/Bryant

14 hours ago, Allen Alexander said:

Wow! I am suprised that a Buffalo Wild Wings is locating in this area before red lobster or Olive Garden. Even Outback

Red Lobster, Olive Garden, and Outback aren't growing particularly well as brands right now because of their parent companies.  You may not see them move into new markets very often.  Buffalo Wild Wings is growing fairly fast though.  It should be a great addition.

4 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

Buffalo Wild Wings opened in Russellville recently, too.  I don't think there is a Red Lobster, Olive Garden or any of those type restaurants either.  I think there may be a Ruby Tuesday's though.  

There is a Ruby Tuesday out that way, in the cluster of restaurants and hotels situated between Interstate 40 and Arkansas Tech University.  Buffalo Wild Wings is across town, closer to Walmart.

4 hours ago, ArkansasTraveler said:

There is a Ruby Tuesday out that way, in the cluster of restaurants and hotels situated between Interstate 40 and Arkansas Tech University.  Buffalo Wild Wings is across town, closer to Walmart.

There's also a Ruby Tuesday in Bryant, but on the other side of town. I'm excited to see the future of the Alcoa area. With the widening of Alcoa rd and the widening of hwy 5 to Reynolds Rd is going to be very helpful in leading to more development in that area. Hopefully we can draw in some bigger names like Conway has been achieving

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

In my previous post, I talked about the new road being constructed from Raymar to mills park Rd. That was false. The road is going to go from Raymar to south of Hill Farm elementary. The road is going to be called Bryant Parkway. Mayor Jill Dabbs said that this new road should lead to both commercial and residential developments. Also, there are plans for two new fire stations in the city. And a park north of i30 

I'll believe the new road and fire stations when the dirt starts moving.

• A bond/tax election has to be successful in August for either to happen.
  • Bonds were previously approved in 2013 for fire stations, but someone made an error in the city's financials so they didn't have the money to cover the debt service on those bonds.
  • The city lost a federal grant for a new station on Springhill @ Hilltop back around 2010, so their track record for getting new Fire facilities off the ground isn't too great.

Given the opposition to the extension of Raymar to Hwy 183 by nearby residents combined with the current climate towards tax elections, the only chance the road has is if the Feds come through with a Tiger grant that has been applied for to fund this project.  

http://www.cityofbryant.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/1535?fileID=2608 -- Special Election Ordinance

http://www.cityofbryant.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/1535?fileID=2607 -- Street Improvement Funding Priority

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Allen Alexander said:

Dairy Queen is beginning to make its entrance into more of Arkansas. They say that 1/5 of their new stores across the country will be in Arkansas. 20 stores are to be added in Northwest Arkansas and 12 in central Arkansas. Hopefully one or two of those locations is in Benton/Bryant.

Strange that they would put more in NWA with only 66% of the population of central Arkansas...maybe they're trying to make them fatter!

6 hours ago, Architect said:

Strange that they would put more in NWA with only 66% of the population of central Arkansas...maybe they're trying to make them fatter!

Yeah. It does seem kind of odd. Their current stores in NWA must be doing really well. I just really hope Bryant gets one. They would definitely get a huge return out of it. 

On 8/12/2016 at 3:07 PM, Architect said:

I think I read somewhere (maybe Talk Business and Politics) that "NWA" included Fort Smith, as well... not that that really makes up for an 8 store difference.

On 8/12/2016 at 3:07 PM, Architect said:

DQ is big in Texas and I think DQ is using the same thinking that What-a-burger is using. Since there are a large number of Texas resident students attending the U of A then there are people already accustomed to their restaurants.

On 8/12/2016 at 9:08 PM, Allen Alexander said:

Yeah. It does seem kind of odd. Their current stores in NWA must be doing really well. I just really hope Bryant gets one. They would definitely get a huge return out of it. 

Thing is, it wasn't too long ago that nearby Benton had one, which closed up shop in a matter of a few years. And it didn't lack for visibility, since it was along I-30. But timing can make all the difference in some markets.

On August 15, 2016 at 8:29 AM, ArkansasTraveler said:

Thing is, it wasn't too long ago that nearby Benton had one, which closed up shop in a matter of a few years. And it didn't lack for visibility, since it was along I-30. But timing can make all the difference in some markets.

Yea. That's true. But there's also been a lot of growth in saline county since that time. I think a DQ would do well in Bryant