Growth in Benton/Bryant

1 hour ago, vbfl85 said:

http://www.bentoncourier.com/content/infiniti-coming-benton

Everette infiniti is relocating from Little Rock to Benton.  Kinda surprised by that. Colonel Glenn seemed to be more centrally located from a regional standpoint. 

Good grief...WHY?!!!  That dealership has moved no less that four (4) times over the past 15 years, and the latest was built less than 3 years ago as as specific Infiniti prototype from a reputable design firm in Memphis.  I can't imagine this being convenient to the core customer, nor anything other than a mistake.  If I'm cross-shopping a luxury brand, and BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover & Jaguar are all next to each other, I'm not super inclined to drive to Saline County, especially for a pseudo-successful luxury brand like Infinity.  It needs all the help it can get!

22 hours ago, Architect said:

Good grief...WHY?!!!  That dealership has moved no less that four (4) times over the past 15 years, and the latest was built less than 3 years ago as as specific Infiniti prototype from a reputable design firm in Memphis.  I can't imagine this being convenient to the core customer, nor anything other than a mistake.  If I'm cross-shopping a luxury brand, and BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover & Jaguar are all next to each other, I'm not super inclined to drive to Saline County, especially for a pseudo-successful luxury brand like Infinity.  It needs all the help it can get!

I agree. What a terrible decision. 

From their Facebook page:

"We have some very exciting news to share! As some of you may already know, we are excited to announce the relocation of our Everett Infiniti dealership to Benton, AR off Interstate 30, which is only 10 miles from our current location. We have been extremely blessed over the last couple of years in greater Little Rock, but we have simply outgrown our current location. We have been constricted with the size of the dealership on both the Sales and Service side to effectively serve our customers the Everett way. After several choices in locations to move, we chose to build our new state of the art facility in Benton. The new dealership will only be 10 miles away from our current location in Little Rock, ground breaking will begin in early 2017 and will be ready to open in early 2018. With that said, the new facility will be built with our customers in mind. We appreciate each and every one of our customers and cannot wait for you to come out and visit the new dealership when it opens in 2018.  ‪#‎familyowned‬‪ #‎customerfriendly‬"

#customerfriendly ???  Hardly.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

McLarty Auto Group has announced a new dealership, McLarty Nissan of Benton. It will be situated somewhere between Congo Fireplace and the large (yet somewhat empty) Landers used car lot. Address is 19960 I-30. LR and NLR already have a McLarty Nissan but I guess the area needs another one.

3 hours ago, Smith said:

Tacos4Life appears to be opening a stand alone store on Alcoa next to the new Slim Chickens and Kroger Marketplace.

This is great. Now the only things missing from benton/bryant that I want are chipotle outback and dairy queen. i feel like a dairy queen is close to being announced though. It would go well at the new on and off ramp being built at Raymar road. i feel like that area will experience growth when the new Bryant Parkway is constructed. And when the on and off ramp opens

On 8/19/2016 at 10:51 AM, Architect said:

I agree with you on this.  While I like doing business with Everett, I'm not very inclined to drive from Little Rock where I live to Benton for service.  I bought an Infiniti back when the dealership was owned by Ellis.  What a HORRIBLE vehicle.  The engine failed at 20,000 miles and needed a full replacement.  Even though the dealership fixed it, it absolutely killed the resale on that vehicle.  Then the dealership moved to Colonel Glenn and I didn't want to fool with driving there for service.  I can't imagine having to drive to Benton to get an oil change.  But looking back at the sales strategy, Everett will flat out make $100 on a vehicle to move it.  They absolutely make their money on volume.  But I honestly can't see you selling THAT many Infinitis.  Many said the same thing about Parker and the Lexus brand back when they moved.  So maybe I'm wrong.

11 hours ago, LRretail said:

I agree with you on this.  While I like doing business with Everett, I'm not very inclined to drive from Little Rock where I live to Benton for service.  I bought an Infiniti back when the dealership was owned by Ellis.  What a HORRIBLE vehicle.  The engine failed at 20,000 miles and needed a full replacement.  Even though the dealership fixed it, it absolutely killed the resale on that vehicle.  Then the dealership moved to Colonel Glenn and I didn't want to fool with driving there for service.  I can't imagine having to drive to Benton to get an oil change.  But looking back at the sales strategy, Everett will flat out make $100 on a vehicle to move it.  They absolutely make their money on volume.  But I honestly can't see you selling THAT many Infinitis.  Many said the same thing about Parker and the Lexus brand back when they moved.  So maybe I'm wrong.

But Lexus moved to an arguably BETTER location.  Infiniti in Saline County?  I think not.

• 1 month later...

Looks to be a 3 building development at the intersection of the north I-30 service road and the ramp leading from Reynolds Rd southbound (vacant lot between the roofing supply company and the Reynolds ramp).  Looks to be a fast food restaurant along the service road to start with future development of a 18,000 sqft retail building and a 4,000 sqft medical office building.  Starts on page 68 of the following link:

http://cityofbryant.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/11142016-475 

On 11/16/2016 at 11:09 AM, truckie6606 said:

Looks to be a 3 building development at the intersection of the north I-30 service road and the ramp leading from Reynolds Rd southbound (vacant lot between the roofing supply company and the Reynolds ramp).  Looks to be a fast food restaurant along the service road to start with future development of a 18,000 sqft retail building and a 4,000 sqft medical office building.  Starts on page 68 of the following link:

http://cityofbryant.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Agenda/11142016-475 

After looking through that link, I was surprised by the rule about houses being built. Sometimes, brick on houses looks good. All this rule is doing is making developments happen right outside the city limits 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I noticed construction is well along on the new location for Everett Infiniti. I'm still dumbfounded that they'd move this luxury dealership away from BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, etc. in Little Rock to a remote, Saline County location. If I owned an Infinity, I would be seriously ticked. Their slogan is "customer friendly" yet this seems anything but...