2006 predictions thread

Rizzo

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Predictions:

--Supreme Court decision (re:Cuno v. DaimlerChrysler) will eliminate SBT incentives and stall redevelopment.

--A countywide taskforce will be announced to address continued increase in armed robbery.

Interesting DSchoon. I would bet we'll see a lof of proposals come forward trying to get in before the Supreme Court ruling (similar to the changes in bankruptcy laws recently). There would be a huge nationwide uprising if all these brownfield developments were stripped of their tax incentives. Besides, all of these are contracts entered into by developers, State, Federal and local governments. I would bet the worst thing they will do is grandfather the incentives, so developers will try to get in while the door is still open (I would).

Armed robberies are up around the country, I've noticed recently.

i've read quite abit on the chrysler lawsuit. its always been stated that projects currently on the books wouldn't be effected by the ohio/chrysler ruling. in which case when this happens i would almost expect to see a pre-ruling boom to get grandfathered in.

They still don't know how the Supreme Court will rule on it. And even so, the ruling will probably be so vague no one will know what they can and cannot do. But you're right Rizzo, this may be developers hedging their bets to get in while the getting is good. Think about it, in the past two weeks we've heard about:

Split Rock (Blue Bridge) on North Monroe

45 Ionia

240 Ionia

Moch's proposal

Moch is also pushed forward with Tower II of Icon (as least he got approval so he can move forward with obtaining Brownfield credits)

I wonder what else will come out of the woodwork this Christmas :)

Archived