Danville

upstate29650

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The US 58 and 29 bypasses are fully completed with four lanes. Once the city receives the official I-785 designation from Greensboro, it will only help bring more commerce and recognition to the city and allover southside.

Danville is a great place to stock up on booze (VA taxes are cheaper) and lotto tickets since NC at this time does not have a lottery but will soon enough get one. :alc:

• 1 month later...

Wow, look at Danville, its seeing a decline! Thats sad because i think its a city that has a lot of potential to being something similar to Lynchburg. The city is only 30-40 minutes from Greensboro and provides four lane highway access to just about anywhere within reasonable driving distance for a day trip. I hope this city sees a brighter future with new gains.

Danville is in a sad state from what I hear. That area was dependent on factory type work and slowly a lot of it has closed.

Danville is in a sad state from what I hear. That area was dependent on factory type work and slowly a lot of it has closed.

I believe that if the city could seek ways of diversifying jobs and engage in redevelopment beyond downtown, it could really attract Danville to outsiders.

Archived