Springdale, Arkansas

Mith242

Another great Restaurant coming to Springdale.

Buffalo Wild Wings is going to build a 5,500 square foot restaurant somewhere in the city. It should open in late summer.

If I had to guess it would be somewhere on the west area of town. That seems to be the big growing area.

If I had to guess it would be somewhere on the west area of town. That seems to be the big growing area.

They need to build-up the west side of I-540 in Springdale. Seems like since Har-Ber Village opened nothing has happended there other than renaming The Ozark Outlet Mall to Ozark Center Pointe Place.

They need to build-up the west side of I-540 in Springdale. Seems like since Har-Ber Village opened nothing has happended there other than renaming The Ozark Outlet Mall to Ozark Center Pointe Place.

Yeah for now all the stuff going on is basically at Har-Ber. But I think that's going to change in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

Legacy Bank's new headquarters is still under construction in Springdale. Legacy Bank is run by Gary and Gene George of George's, Inc. I've driven by the construction site a few times and kept wondering what it was going to look like. Their website has an artist sketch... Legacy Bank Headquarters Construction Update. Not too shabby.

Legacy Bank's new headquarters is still under construction in Springdale. Legacy Bank is run by Gary and Gene George of George's, Inc. I've driven by the construction site a few times and kept wondering what it was going to look like. Their website has an artist sketch... Legacy Bank Headquarters Construction Update. Not too shabby.

Thanks for the link. Any idea where this location is in Springdale?

I know the building will be pretty nice, so I just assumed it would be over near Har-Ber.

But, I think I recall hearing that this was going in the Shopps at Har-Ber Lakes, which is the new mixed use development off of 412 in West Springdale that just opened up the new Harps.

Just curious does anyone have any more info on this development? I think Springdale gets left out soemtimes and I think we a potentially nice development like this it should get some credit where credit is due.

Just curious does anyone have any more info on this development? I think Springdale gets left out soemtimes and I think we a potentially nice development like this it should get some credit where credit is due.

I would've guessed HAr-Ber too but according to this news article it's near 48th on Sunset:

http://www.nwaonline.net/articles/2005/09/...1szplancomm.txt

Of course there's two 48th St intersections (one on either end of I-540), so I'm not sure exactly where that is.

^

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I'm pretty sure the new Liberty Bank Headquarters is being built at Carley Road and Sunset Avenue (412W), across from Sunset Plaza... I was driving past it so I'm going by memory. 48th Street which runs parallel to I-540 has a Liberty Bank branch.

Now see, not everything in Springdale is about Har-Ber. :P In fact, most of Springdale's development is happening over on Old Missouri Road and Electric Avenue on the east side of town. I haven't been out that way in a while but the growth there has been booming for several years now.

Edited by masons_dad1

^

Sorry I didn't answer sooner. I'm pretty sure the new Liberty Bank Headquarters is being built at Carley Road and Sunset Avenue (412W), across from Sunset Plaza... I was driving past it so I'm going by memory. 48th Street which runs parallel to I-540 has a Liberty Bank branch.

Now see, not everything in Springdale is about Har-Ber. :P In fact, most of Springdale's development is happening over on Old Missouri Road and Electric Avenue on the east side of town. I haven't been out that way in a while but the growth there has been booming for several years now.

Yeah, sorry if I gave the impression nothing is happening on the east side of the city. But I do think the west side is getting the better developments and has the most potential. I guess I also just think the west side better examplifies a more positive side of Springdale that people don't always hear a lot about.

Yeah, sorry if I gave the impression nothing is happening on the east side of the city. But I do think the west side is getting the better developments and has the most potential. I guess I also just think the west side better examplifies a more positive side of Springdale that people don't always hear a lot about.

I agree that with Har-Ber Village the west side has more potential for going upscale, of course Ozark Center Pointe Place will prevent the west side from getting very upscale unless it's remodelled or something. The east side of Springdale has more "blue collar" types living there and there does seem to be more new homes being built on the east side of town. The shopping center (can't remember the name) across from the Airport McDonalds was expanded a few years ago and is much nicer than Center Pointe Place. I just think Old Missouri Road is Springdale's biggest hot spot right now simply because there's more development going on there right now.

Springdale's saving grace could be the 412 bypass. It will spur more commercial development (hopefully high quality development) at the new interchanges, increasing the tax base, and allow the city to relcaim 412 B through the heart of town, which may further spur quality development and gentrification. I hope their attention to quality of life issues isn't too late in coming.

I can't believe they have special "high visibility zones" allowing the incredible heights of pole signs. Most cities try to discourage those eyesores, whereas Springdale has over the years, encouraged them.

Maybe when I move back up there (soon) I can spearhead a Springdale renaissance.

I agree that with Har-Ber Village the west side has more potential for going upscale, of course Ozark Center Pointe Place will prevent the west side from getting very upscale unless it's remodelled or something. The east side of Springdale has more "blue collar" types living there and there does seem to be more new homes being built on the east side of town. The shopping center (can't remember the name) across from the Airport McDonalds was expanded a few years ago and is much nicer than Center Pointe Place. I just think Old Missouri Road is Springdale's biggest hot spot right now simply because there's more development going on there right now.

I think that shopping center you mentioned is called Signature Square or something along those lines.

. I just think Old Missouri Road is Springdale's biggest hot spot right now simply because there's more development going on there right now.

Right now Old Missouri Road is the big hot spot, but within 5 years, it'll be Wagon Wheel Road. That Road is bound for development, especially since they want to make it a boulevard throughout the city. I can't wait for it to happen, hopefully some nice urban development along the interstate.

Springdale's saving grace could be the 412 bypass. It will spur more commercial development (hopefully high quality development) at the new interchanges, increasing the tax base, and allow the city to relcaim 412 B through the heart of town, which may further spur quality development and gentrification. I hope their attention to quality of life issues isn't too late in coming.

I can't believe they have special "high visibility zones" allowing the incredible heights of pole signs. Most cities try to discourage those eyesores, whereas Springdale has over the years, encouraged them.

Maybe when I move back up there (soon) I can spearhead a Springdale renaissance.

Spingdale Renaissance... not somehting you hear everyday!!!

Lindsey Buys Permits for New Links Apartments

By Laura Bruegge

Northwest Arkansas Business Journal - 2/13/06

Real Deals

Lindsey Construction Co. of Fayetteville recently bought 15 building permits valued at a combined $8.9 million to build 180 new apartment units in The Links at Springdale apartment complex.

The project is an addition to the existing apartment complex, which has 492 units. Each 12-unit building will have four one-bedroom units and eight two-bedroom units.

The one-bedroom units will rent from $485 per month, and the two bedroom units will rent from $585 to $685 per month.

The Links At Springdale Phase II LP, of which the Jim Lindsey is a principal, is the developer of the project. Lindsey and the Lindsey Family Partnership own 89 acres at The Links site, which includes 53 acres in Phase II, and 20 acres in Phase I of the project, in addition to 8.8 acres of land that will be developed for commercial use.

First National Bank in Green Forest is financing the construction. Kim Fugitt of Fayetteville is the architect. Crafton Tull & Associates Inc. of Rogers is the engineer

^

Not that I'd want to live at The Links. I'd rather live in a place that's more family-oriented, which I still haven't found yet in NWA... at least none I could afford. A friend of mine lives in The Links of Springdale, but he's a Manager-type with one of the Wal-Mart Vendors. He's also a serious golfer.

It looks like Papa Murphy's Take N Bake Pizza will build their second location in NW Arkansas, off Old Missouri Road in Springdale. Plans have been submitted, but no construction yet.

See I told you Old Missouri Road was the hot spot in Springdale... now what is a Papa Murphy's anyway? I've never heard of it... is it any good?? :huh:

Papa Murphy's is a pizza place where you place and order for a pizza, and the pizza comes pre baked to you, where you take it home and bake it.

I haven't tried it yet, but there's a location in Bentonville in the Movie Gallery Plaza Development.

Yeah I have a coworker who likes that place a lot. I can't believe he goes as often as he does since he doesn't live up there in Benton County. I just don't know if I would want to bake it myself. Why don't I just go and buy all the ingrediants myself while I'm at it and save more money. Granted maybe they have access to better ingediants, but it just seems a bit odd to me.

I think it's a bit cheaper as well, and it could be great for the family that want's to wait for the father or mother to come home and have a fresh baked pizza instead of one that's been sitting in the house for a few hours.

Well it makes sense it's going in Springdale as that's the most family-oriented city in NWA. BTW... where's the other location in NWA? I may check it out.