Springdale, Arkansas

Mith242

I took some 'before' photos of this site but they seem to have been lost in that digital fog that occurs at times. Anyway- this is NW Medical's new face from 71B in Springdale. Based on the their promotion of the expansion I expected more than a parking lot with trees but as the trees grow I imagine it will beautify that area of town- goodness knows- anything will help.DSC_0207.jpg

• 2 months later...

Springdale is moving forward with creating a master plan for the Arvest Park area. The idea is to have it ready for when development moves into high gear after the current slowdown ends. It would be an overlay on top of exisiting city regulations and standards and help the area create an identity of it's own. It would include commercial and residential uses and those would be market driven for the most part. An area of around 2,000 acres would be included in the district from I540 to the Tontitown and from Highway 412 to Greathouse Springs Road- a huge area. Access will be greatly helped by the planned Don Tyson Parkway interchange with I540.

Here's a couple of images of the plan- these are preliminary only.

Springdale_03.jpg

Springdale_01.jpg

Well, Z-man's map may be starting to come true.  Looks like NWACC will be building a campus just west of the Arvest Ballpark.  If it gets as big as the one in Bennie, it will be fascinating to see what happens in that area.

• 3 months later...

FWIW, in today's paper (paywall):  http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2013/sep/28/new-business-coming-northwest-arkansas-beebe-says/

"Northwest Arkansas is bounding back from the recession and can expect new business announcements soon, Gov. Mike Beebe told a crowd of hundreds at the Springdale Chamber of Commerce’s annual “Chickin, Peelin’ and Politickin’ “event at Arvest Ballpark..."

• 6 months later...

I noticed an 'Under Contract' sign in front of the Valero Station / Razorback Pizza on the southwest corner of Hwy. 112 and Hwy. 412 in Tontitown.  Good to see some development in that intersection.  Seems to be a lot of survey activity in the area.  Hopefully that area will take off soon...

Speaking of "activity" in the area:  http://vimeo.com/garver/review/89646030/4f7e4ba5fa

Edited by Mith242

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

(Not at all convinced that it's going to go through, but it would be kind of neat to have some more national brands such as Hillshire farms, Jimmy Dean Sausage, State Fair and Ball Park franks be headquartered in NWA if the Tyson/Hillshire proposed deal does indeed come to fruition.  (fantasy smiley face eating a hot dog and wiping its mouth with a napkin, smiling))  

• Like 1

One of the Walton grandkids bought the building, well, that block of downtown Springdale where Ryan's was located. I'd keep an eye out for there.

In the paper today...I wonder which members of the family, given that so many of the Walton grandkids live out of state (living trivia question for NWA "urban planeteers"...how many Walton grandkids DO live in northwest Arkansas)?  And I really wonder how they will develop this area?

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2014/jun/07/springdale-s-ryan-s-building-sells-2014/

It was one of the ones that bankrolled the Benton Co. going wet drive.

:( (Not a favorite project for me, personally).

That being said:

Looks like Steuart (the one in London?) and Tom were behind that one.

...they are Jim's boys...

......and this article makes me think your words are quite true, TRB (about keeping a watch on this section of Springdale).  That being said, still wonder how many if any of the grandkids live here.  Tom might be (the only?) one.

Edited by KJW

(Not at all convinced that it's going to go through, but it would be kind of neat to have some more national brands such as Hillshire farms, Jimmy Dean Sausage, State Fair and Ball Park franks be headquartered in NWA if the Tyson/Hillshire proposed deal does indeed come to fruition.  (fantasy smiley face eating a hot dog and wiping its mouth with a napkin, smiling))  

Not a done deal yet, but I may have to eat my words above.  If this goes through (and a lot of things can change) this would at current earnings reported this year, move Tyson Foods from #93 on the Fortune 500 (2014) to #78.

The states in America right now which have either one or no companies in the current Fortune 500 top 78 spots (while northwest Arkansas alone has two) include:

Massachusetts (Boston)

Maryland (Baltimore)

Wisconsin (Milwaukee)

Oklahoma (Tulsa, Oklahoma City)

Louisiana (New Orleans)

Utah (Salt Lake City)

Oregon (Portland)

Missouri (St. Louis, Kansas City)

Florida (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Jacksonville, Orlando)

Colorado (Denver)

Indiana (Indianapolis)

Arizona (Phoenix)

Tennessee (Memphis, Nashville)

All but one of those cities has an NFL, NBA and/or MLB franchise (many with two or all three) and the one which doesn't, Tulsa, has a WNBA team.  Amazing.

Edited by KJW

Not a done deal yet, but I may have to eat my words above.  If this goes through (and a lot of things can change) this would at current earnings reported this year, move Tyson Foods from #93 on the Fortune 500 (2014) to #78.

The states in America right now which have either one or no companies in the current Fortune 500 top 78 spots (while northwest Arkansas alone has two) include:

Massachusetts (Boston)

Maryland (Baltimore)

Wisconsin (Milwaukee)

Oklahoma (Tulsa, Oklahoma City)

Louisiana (New Orleans)

Utah (Salt Lake City)

Oregon (Portland)

Missouri (St. Louis, Kansas City)

Florida (Miami/Ft. Lauderdale, Tampa/St. Petersburg, Jacksonville, Orlando)

Colorado (Denver)

Indiana (Indianapolis)

Arizona (Phoenix)

Tennessee (Memphis, Nashville)

All but one of those cities has an NFL, NBA and/or MLB franchise (many with two or all three) and the one which doesn't, Tulsa, has a WNBA team.  Amazing.

Great news. I would think acquiring a company that size would mean more jobs in NWA but they haven't said anything yet about it doing so.

I have heard more today on KUAF and read online about the "Ignite Springdale" initiative.  

Its kinda sad that Fayetteville seems wholly incapable of a similar effort.  We can't even agree to allow developers to build in our downtown core.  We are The City of Hurt Feelings.

I have heard more today on KUAF and read online about the "Ignite Springdale" initiative.  

Its kinda sad that Fayetteville seems wholly incapable of a similar effort.  We can't even agree to allow developers to build in our downtown core.  We are The City of Hurt Feelings.

Keep Fayetteville Whiney

I thought I had seen something on this but can't find it now. Anyone know what is going in just west of the Pilot on 412/49? It's directly in front of a vet clinic and looks like a fast food place.

Also, 412/112 old Valero station had appeared sold but a new for sale sign is up. Anyone know anything?

I thought I had seen something on this but can't find it now. Anyone know what is going in just west of the Pilot on 412/49? It's directly in front of a vet clinic and looks like a fast food place.

Also, 412/112 old Valero station had appeared sold but a new for sale sign is up. Anyone know anything?

the land adjacent to the Pilot was purchased by the franchisee for Popeye's Chicken. Assume that is what is under construction.

The Valero was purchased by an investor group. Appears they are trying to sell or develop for profit.

the land adjacent to the Pilot was purchased by the franchisee for Popeye's Chicken. Assume that is what is under construction.

The Valero was purchased by an investor group. Appears they are trying to sell or develop for profit.

Great. Thank you. Was hoping you would see my post. Appreciate it, as always.