Springdale, Arkansas

Mith242

Will be BNSF Logistics new office building. Moving from space by Springdale Country Club

I'm going to get laughed at for this but...fascinating that BNSF has such a large building planned.  I know you go one county north to Monett and you can see intermodal, transcontinental trains filled with J.B.Hunt stacks.  BNSF has a HUGE partnership with JBH so it's understood why they would want an NWA presence for that company alone (let alone Walmart and Tyson) but I'm surprised they have that much space.

EDIT: Duh...I knew BNSF is owned by Warren Buffett's Berkshire-Hathaway in Omaha, but I didn't know BNSF logistics was HQed in Springdale.  Fascinating: http://www.bnsflogistics.com/

Edited by KJW

• 4 weeks later...

Are they putting a Northwest Medical Center clinic on Elm Springs drive just east of Kum & Go?  I noticed the land between the Kum & Go and Eureka Pizza just sold to an LLC called BV Ventures, which (I think) owns the land where they built the NW Med. Center clinic on Wedington just north of the Neighborhood Market.  

Can anyone confirm this?

Are they putting a Northwest Medical Center clinic on Elm Springs drive just east of Kum & Go?  I noticed the land between the Kum & Go and Eureka Pizza just sold to an LLC called BV Ventures, which (I think) owns the land where they built the NW Med. Center clinic on Wedington just north of the Neighborhood Market.  

Can anyone confirm this?

Possibly, though the entity owner also owns other product and could just simply be investing in the property.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I posted a few months back about the possibility of a new Northwest Medical Center coming to Elm Springs Road.  Looks like it's official...  They'll be moving to a site on the southwest corner of Elm Springs Rd. and 40th Street (between Eureka Pizza & Kum & Go).  Just a few blocks west of their current location.  Good to see that area booming....  

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/jan/27/northwest-health-system-in-springdale-l/?news-arkansas-nwa

Iron Hand Liquor on the corner of 412 and 112 in west Springdale is now open.

I think I posted a few months back about the possibility of a new Northwest Medical Center coming to Elm Springs Road.  Looks like it's official...  They'll be moving to a site on the southwest corner of Elm Springs Rd. and 40th Street (between Eureka Pizza & Kum & Go).  Just a few blocks west of their current location.  Good to see that area booming....  

http://www.nwaonline.com/news/2015/jan/27/northwest-health-system-in-springdale-l/?news-arkansas-nwa

Iron Hand Liquor on the corner of 412 and 112 in west Springdale is now open.

Yes, I saw that article. I didn't realize they're only leasing the building at the current location. I guess that makes it easier to leave and build new. That current building is still very new seems to me- hopefully someone will fill it quickly.

I'm wondering what is planned just down the road at Elm Springs and White Road. Looks like a large lot right on the corner is being prepped for construction.

• 1 month later...

I see they are buying a total of 70.4 acres- seems like a lot for a 136,000 sq ft store. Wonder if they just plan on splitting some of it off to sell or have plans for the acreage that isn't used for the store.

• 3 weeks later...

Noticed the Neigborhood Market at Tyson and I-49 opens May 6th. Looks like they are going to have gas as well. Be interesting to see if the Casey's will match prices.

I think it is a bit "tacky" that they put their pumps directly behind Casey's. They almost appear to be part of Casey's. I am not a WM hater or anything, just seems like dirty playing to me. 

I think it is a bit "tacky" that they put their pumps directly behind Casey's. They almost appear to be part of Casey's. I am not a WM hater or anything, just seems like dirty playing to me.

I haven't looked close enough to see where the pumps were going in but I also don't know who was first with the plans. Could be that WM had their plans first and Casey's came in after. Just playing devil's advocate. WM is not always the evil empire that many make them out to be.

I haven't looked close enough to see where the pumps were going in but I also don't know who was first with the plans. Could be that WM had their plans first and Casey's came in after. Just playing devil's advocate. WM is not always the evil empire that many make them out to be.

Agreed completely...I don't always agree with WM on where they build but I also really enjoy living in the part of the Arkansas that is basically financially backed by them so I am not one to complain.

• Like 1