Springdale, Arkansas

Mith242

I don't doubt it, just that there were 2 competing mall sites in play in Benton County and the NWA Mall in Fayetteville was just coming off of a remodel and Dillard's addition. No way Bill Dillard would have done anything else in Fayetteville and therefore  it would have never gotten off the ground. Plus, no interstate access to boot. 

It's amazing what they've accomplished in Rogers and more to come. 

Southeast Fayetteville is primed for retail growth, grocery and shops. 

A smaller sized Supercenter like ones in Flippin, Huntsville, Lonoke would do very well. Out on 16 like in Stonebridge, you are nearly 30 minutes from one of the Supercenter and that's with good traffic.  But all this belongs on the Fayetteville thread

I remember a while back someone had questioned why the State had not located a nature center in NWA. Well...somebody heard I guess. There are plans to locate a education and nature center in Springdale in the far north end of town just east of I49. It would be on 61 acres of land being transferred to the Game and Fish Commission . The G&F regional office may also be moved from the Beaver Dam location to the Springdale site. It would be a great addition to the area.

That's cool.  I think the Mt Kessler area of Fayetteville would have been really cool location for it.  But just glad NWA is finally getting one.  I wonder if the Springdale location was chosen because it was a bit more centrally located for the metro.

• Like 1

That's cool.  I think the Mt Kessler area of Fayetteville would have been really cool location for it.  But just glad NWA is finally getting one.  I wonder if the Springdale location was chosen because it was a bit more centrally located for the metro.

I'm sure the land donation played an important part. If it was based on natural fits the location around the then Springwoods area would have been a seemlesss fit considering the wetlands there. This is overdue only because of politics and it cost Fayetteville a charm on it's bracelet.

• 4 weeks later...
22 hours ago, IronScott said:

I read that the Whataburger on Elm Springs Road is scheduled to open Monday. Went up quick. Also looks like the Arvest bank in front of Walmart will be under construction soon.

This is where Springdale is screwing up. All of this development before the overpass issues are addressed. It's next to impossible to right right on Elm Springs when exiting off 49 northbound and the line to turn left on go north on 49 is a complete mess.

21 minutes ago, TRB said:

This is where Springdale is screwing up. All of this development before the overpass issues are addressed. It's next to impossible to right right on Elm Springs when exiting off 49 northbound and the line to turn left on go north on 49 is a complete mess.

Agree. They should've addressed this when the WM was being built. At least there is a light on the east side now but it is still a mess.

Dredging out all the accumulated waste on bottom, fill in the inlet on the north side, build concrete sides to cut down on erosion. Build new bathrooms and a pavilion. I think there may be some work on the street between the park and Kum N Go but it might not be part of this project.

The are plans to widen the Elm Springs Rd. overpass to 6 lanes but like every other road project they seem to come after the need arises and not in anticipation of growth.

Edited by zman9810

• 1 month later...
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:27 AM, bubba72704 said:

Does anyone have any pics of the plans for the Children's hospital being submitted to Springdale planning commission?

Haven't seen pics posted any where. The one posted when the announcement was made is the new addition at little Rock( didn't realize it at the time ha) 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TRB said:

No, but Tyson bought up more downtown property, betcha it's more offices.

Maybe they'll consolidate some of their workforce that is in places like the old shopping center on the south side of MLK in Fayetteville.  That spot, between the University campus and the freeway, would be a nice spot for a hotel and some mixed-use entertainment/living options.  Highly under-used and undervalued property.

5 hours ago, wmr said:

Maybe they'll consolidate some of their workforce that is in places like the old shopping center on the south side of MLK in Fayetteville.  That spot, between the University campus and the freeway, would be a nice spot for a hotel and some mixed-use entertainment/living options.  Highly under-used and undervalued property.

Problem with that is I heard they have leased theold Hastings portions of Fiesta Square as well. But, I agree that whole shopping center is craptastic and needs razed and blank slated. That could easily be a big area for a theater restaurants, and 3 and 4 level mixed use buildings along with some better hotels. Clarion Inn is still vacant too?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TRB said:

Problem with that is I heard they have leased theold Hastings portions of Fiesta Square as well. But, I agree that whole shopping center is craptastic and needs razed and blank slated. That could easily be a big area for a theater restaurants, and 3 and 4 level mixed use buildings along with some better hotels. Clarion Inn is still vacant too?

Maybe it is a temporary move before sending several hundred into downtown Springdale.  A real hotel and some mixed-use on MLK would work well.  The hotel would allow people to stay in Fayetteville, vist the campus, etc, without getting too far off the freeway.  MLK land is pretty much all spoken for.  It is amazing the transition that street has made the past few years.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2016 at 7:27 AM, bubba72704 said:

Does anyone have any pics of the plans for the Children's hospital being submitted to Springdale planning commission?

Still no pics but we know it will be a 5 story building with lots of glass. That land is the high point for that area so it should be a impressive sight from I49.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, wmr said:

Beautiful. Thanks for posting that. It will be a tremendous resource for this area. Springdale is finally coming up to speed with the rest of the region. That area between Johnson and Lowell is booming.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...