Springdale, Arkansas

Mith242

That's a weird website, considering it has trolls and elf's considered in the population.

Hey Matt... Happy New Year!

If you're not familiar with Shadowrun, it's a Role Playing Game that takes place in the year 2050 after a dimensional shift occurs on Earth that awakens Magic and Elves, Dwarves, Trolls and the likes. Aside from the Magical element I found it interesting that the guys that created the Tri-City game did it in 1990 and a lot has changed in NWA since then. It's still interesting reading about NWA in a futuristic Sci-Fi scenario.

LOL now those are some wild "estimates?" 400,000 on Greenland..ROFL

Happy New Year Tim!

Shadowrun takes place in the year 2050 shortly after war broke out in the U.S. There were Indian Wars and wars between the newly awakened Elves, Trolls, Dwarves and Humans so the populations indicated for Tri-City are based on mass relocations from rural areas to major Metro Areas or Sprawls. In reality we can only predict future growth for NWA based on past growth indicators, but there are many possible futures that could completely exaggerate future growth.

That's a weird website, considering it has trolls and elf's considered in the population.

Yeah obviously Matt is a dwarf not a troll or elf, duh. :rolleyes:

Just kidding Matt, it is a RPG. But I think I see what Masons_dad1 is talking about. You never know somewhere in the future Springdale could be the premier city on NWA. But for now that's looking to be pretty far into the future. Springdale has a lot of work to do before anyone can start thinking like that.

Hey Matt... Happy New Year!

If you're not familiar with Shadowrun, it's a Role Playing Game that takes place in the year 2050 after a dimensional shift occurs on Earth that awakens Magic and Elves, Dwarves, Trolls and the likes. Aside from the Magical element I found it interesting that the guys that created the Tri-City game did it in 1990 and a lot has changed in NWA since then. It's still interesting reading about NWA in a futuristic Sci-Fi scenario.

Thanks Masons_Dad, Happy New Year to you as well!!

I'm not much into RPG's, but it was interesting to see what there estimates were on the cities and such. I do disagree with Greenland ever reaching 400,000 :rofl: .

Thanks Masons_Dad, Happy New Year to you as well!!

I'm not much into RPG's, but it was interesting to see what there estimates were on the cities and such. I do disagree with Greenland ever reaching 400,000 :rofl: .

Unless they were referring to 400,000 Elves since Greenland has such an Elvish ring to it (no pun intended). :D

I think the center of NWA is going to focus around South Rogers or Lowell, just because of current growth patterns and the potential.

Considering most of the growth in NWA is in retail, which this area has been lacking for so many years, I'm leaning more toward Johnson as the center of NWA... it being closer to the University of Arkansas and the Walton Arts Center, major shopping centers and the majority of the entertainment venues and it has it's share of office development happening along the bypass. It also has a lot of land on the west side of the bypass. I think culture and the arts are going to be more important to NWA than retail shopping centers.

The Culture Movement needs to come more north up into Rogers and Bentonville, although Bentonville with the Crystal Bridges could fix that in bentonville.

Crystal Bridges will be an awesome Art Museum but it won't really cater to the Arts. They're planning a small outdoor amphitheatre for local musicians, but for the real Arts like Broadway shows and musicals the Walton Arts Center is still the only one in the region... unless you consider the Rogers Little Theatre and The Village Players on the same level as Broadway. Also there are several very nice Art Museums in Fayetteville along with many art programs for area schools. Then you have the music venues on Dickson... all we have in Rogers is the Bayou kareoke bar.

As for Culture, Fayetteville has the best Farmer's Market, many fine restaurants and clubs and the best Annual Events in the region... First Night is pretty big. Also, Fayetteville had that outdoor music amphitheatre at the Mall for a while. Plus there's an outdoor amphitheatre at the Botanical Gardens of the Ozarks at Lake Fayetteville. Then there's the University of Arkansas with all it's Arts & Culture.

I don't think Benton County will see anything close to that kind of stuff other than Crystal Bridges and Santa visiting the outdoor ice skating rink in downtown Bentonville every Christmas. Well, there is the Ozark Balloon Festival to look forward to.

I don't think I'd heard about an amphitheater at the Botanical Gardens. Could be a while before we see it though. They aren't moving particularly fast with ther Botanical Gardens. They've picked up the pace recently but I'm not sure how long it will last.

I don't think I'd heard about an amphitheater at the Botanical Gardens. Could be a while before we see it though. They aren't moving particularly fast with ther Botanical Gardens. They've picked up the pace recently but I'm not sure how long it will last.

Found a map somewhere that has all the attractions the Botanic Gardens will have. I may have spoken too soon about the amphitheater there.

Edited by masons_dad1

Four agents and one principal broker have left Fayetteville's Re/Max Associates to form a new firm, Re/Max Partners Real Estate Inc. in Springdale.

The franchise became official Wednesday.

The office is located in temporary space off Interstate 540 and U.S. Highway 412 in Springdale. It will be the third Re/Max franchise in the area, along with Re/Max Associates and Re/Max Real Estate Results in Bentonville.