Springdale, Arkansas

Mith242

Have they incorporated the store into an upscale fashion?

I don't really think so. But it's not a bad looking store or anything. It's basically just like the new store they put out on the west side of Fayetteville. Not a real big store but it has some interesting stuff in it. I'm curious to see if it works out over in Springdale. The reason I was so late getting on was because I was working late there helping getting the pricing right.

Yeah, I remember hearing about Montana Tractors a few months ago. It's kind of weird they are building in Southern Benton County. I guess I didn't realize parts of Benton County belong to Springdale.

Yeah most of Springdale is in Washington County but parts of it are over in Benton County. It also helps shows how only the northern half of Washington County is very populated. Benton County is the most populous county in the metro even though two Washington County cities, Fayetteville and Springdale, are the two biggest cities in the metro.

Edited by Mith242

Yeah most of Springdale is in Washington County but parts of it are over in Benton County. It also helps shows how only the northern half of Washington County is very populated. Benton County is the most populous county in the metro even though two Washington County cities, Fayetteville and Springdale, are the two biggest cities in the metro.

How weird. I bet that could cause quite an argument if someone says they live in Springdale but they don't live in Washington County.

How weird. I bet that could cause quite an argument if someone says they live in Springdale but they don't live in Washington County.

Yeah that seems to catch people offguard a lot. I guess overall most of the sizeable cities in Arkansas do tend to be more in the center of their county. I know you have some cities like Van Buren and Ft Smith that aren't but the Arkansas River keeps them from easily entering another county.

The Arkansas Democrat Gazette had an article in today's northwest edition about baseball in Springdale. Apparently the mayor is going to shift around $5Mil in state turnback money to help bring in a minor league team. Gary George, yes the guy from the other poultry company that gets overshadowed from Tyson, helped fund a study and it sounds like he's also considering a shopping district near the future stadium.

I wonder what kind of shopping center he's thinking off. I hope it's not a strip mall kind of deal. I could see a nice Power Center of around 300,000 square feet around there.

Considering Har-Ber isn't too far away and this future stadium I wouldn't think it wouldn't the usual type shopping center.

Isn't Center Pointe Place already located very close to where the new stadium will be built? It's a pretty nice shopping center. Could use a little greenery though.

Yeah it's near that area too. But that general area of Springdale seems to be that city's big growth area.

Isn't Center Pointe Place already located very close to where the new stadium will be built? It's a pretty nice shopping center. Could use a little greenery though.

You're talking about the Ozark Center Pointe Place right?

That place could use a bit of remodeling, but I think it could complement more shopping in that area.