Shackleford Crossings

On 3/13/2017 at 1:38 PM, SangreRaVen said:

just leaves yet another empty store front for that shopping center O.o

-R

Empty unless it somehow gets converted (after its already announced closure) to a Stage location.  Though Little Rock would be the biggest Arkansas market by far for the chain, if it happened.  As it stands, the largest city in the state with with one of Stage's 23 Arkansas stores is Pine Bluff.

3 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

Anybody tried the newly open Tacos 4 Life?

I went a couple of weeks ago. Liked it, but didn't love it. The lack of beer and margaritas is a turn-off but the range of tacos is better than at Chipotle.

I'd go back but only once the lines die down.

6 hours ago, adman0468 said:

I went a couple of weeks ago. Liked it, but didn't love it. The lack of beer and margaritas is a turn-off but the range of tacos is better than at Chipotle.

I'd go back but only once the lines die down.

Interesting.  I think it's pretty fantastic.

21 hours ago, ecity3138 said:

Anybody tried the newly open Tacos 4 Life?

I usually wait for restaurants to get all the kinks worked out and for the "gotta be first" crowd to process through, but I liked what I had.  

My dislike of the communal tables was the only complaint.  There were tables but they were all full.  I'm waiting for the lines to die down so I can have a table.  

15 hours ago, Architect said:

Interesting.  I think it's pretty fantastic.

I wasn't impressed by the cheese dip. The salsa was fine, but not out of the ordinary. I didn't try the guac. I really like their puffy shells. That's probably my favorite thing. And the portions were good-sized.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, vbfl85 said:

Based on the plumbing permits,  iHeart Media is relocating to Shackleford Crossings.  At least that will fill some of the empty space. 

It will fill the location between the Sprint store and Nouri in Suites B, C, & D. 

What a sad retail center this has been. 

Edited by Arkanzin

3 hours ago, Arkanzin said:

It will fill the location between the Sprint store and Nouri in Suites B, C, & D. 

What a sad retail center this has been. 

Agreed but at least this way something will actually go out there. Hell, maybe it will help draw a few more things. This shopping center was so poorly planned and executed its just sad and its not in a bad location either. 

-R

• 2 years later...
On 4/14/2022 at 11:27 AM, Architect said:

Arkansas Times is reporting that Main Event (now owned by Dave & Busters, but catering to a younger crowd), is coming to Shackleford Crossing.

https://arktimes.com/arkansas-blog/2022/04/14/new-entertainment-venue-main-event-coming-to-west-little-rock

Perhaps it’ll fill the old Gordmans building? 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/4/2022 at 10:26 PM, MDC26 said:

It’s in that Western most building. They’re empty so I don’t remember if it was Gordman’s, Babies R Us, or Toys R Us. 

It will be located in the former Gordman’s space. Main Event typically requires at least 50,000 square feet of space so the former Babies R Us space is too small for a Main Event location.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

According to THV11, Main Event will open on January 27, 2023 in the space previously occupied by Gordman’s Department store in Shackleford Crossing. The company lists a Little Rock location as coming soon on their official website (see website below) and are currently hiring for multiple positions for the entertainment venue. This is a great addition to the  City of Little Rock that lacks in true family entertainment options besides Chuck E Cheese, Big Rock Amusement Center, and a few trampoline parks. 

https://www.thv11.com/article/money/business/main-event-little-rock-opening/91-b51f7aee-a6c9-4837-8829-b11466cf58ab

https://www.mainevent.com/littlerock/

Edited by ecity3138
  • Like 1