Shackleford Crossings

I agree. I'm putting a little more faith in Flake and Kelley developing that site than their predecessors because they act as consultants for national retailers looking to come to LR, thus they are more aware of market needs, and because Dailey is involved in it.

I bet either Gateway or that project gets developed but not both.

I agree that both won't be developed. The 30/430 area is going to be the bridesmaid again and not the bride.

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Copeland's is coming to Shackleford Crossing.

Hey, if you can't get Pappadeauxs...its a great substitute!

First, I'm glad - it will give us another seafood option. LR has been lacking in seafood options aside from a couple of very good local places but it sounds like with Copeland's, Bonefish, and Argenta Seafood Co this is expanding some. I'm sure Fish City isn't far behind.

That said, I ate at the Copeland's in Rogers not long ago and was pretty disappointed with the quality of the food. The restaurant LOOKED first class but there was a big dropoff in quality of both the service and food from the one I'd been to on St Charles in New Orleans. Cajun's had that one beat by a mile and a half.

Maybe it was just that location or I just hit it on a bad day.

First, I'm glad - it will give us another seafood option. LR has been lacking in seafood options aside from a couple of very good local places but it sounds like with Copeland's, Bonefish, and Argenta Seafood Co this is expanding some. I'm sure Fish City isn't far behind.

That said, I ate at the Copeland's in Rogers not long ago and was pretty disappointed with the quality of the food. The restaurant LOOKED first class but there was a big dropoff in quality of both the service and food from the one I'd been to on St Charles in New Orleans. Cajun's had that one beat by a mile and a half.

Maybe it was just that location or I just hit it on a bad day.

Hmm....I would think bad day. I've been there 10 times or more, and have always been pleased with the food. The first time I ate at a Copelands was about 10 years ago in Lafayette, LA, and I swear, I thought it was one of the best meals I'd ever had.

I agree with Apork. I was disappointed as well with the Copelands in Rogers. Maybe the people I went with built my expectations up too high, but I would be willing to give it another try if they do locate in LR. Where did we hear that Copelands was coming to Shackelford Crossing? Is it confirmed? I know the original tenant listing did not mention Copelands. Hopefully this will continue a trend of higher quality tenants in this particular shopping center than originally mentioned. We can only hope...

I agree with Apork. I was disappointed as well with the Copelands in Rogers. Maybe the people I went with built my expectations up too high, but I would be willing to give it another try if they do locate in LR. Where did we hear that Copelands was coming to Shackelford Crossing? Is it confirmed? I know the original tenant listing did not mention Copelands. Hopefully this will continue a trend of higher quality tenants in this particular shopping center than originally mentioned. We can only hope...

I'll just say that I heard it from the one person who would know.

Originally there was supposed to be a Carabba's and Abuelo's there, both of which are higher quality than the restaurant tenants released so far.

You would expect these names will show up elsewhere pretty soon if they aren't there.

Originally there was supposed to be a Carabba's and Abuelo's there, both of which are higher quality than the restaurant tenants released so far.

You would expect these names will show up elsewhere pretty soon if they aren't there.

Looks like some new buildings next to Penney's are beginning to go up. I wonder when Cracker Barrel will begin.

• 2 weeks later...

Are there any plans to connect Aldersgate Road to Shackleford East of Shackleford Crossing?

It sure would give traffic another route to get in and out and might improve traffic some at I-630/I-430 by allowing Baptist employees to bypass the interchange and go down to the Shackleford Exit on I-430.

Are there any plans to connect Aldersgate Road to Shackleford East of Shackleford Crossing?

It sure would give traffic another route to get in and out and might improve traffic some at I-630/I-430 by allowing Baptist employees to bypass the interchange and go down to the Shackleford Exit on I-430.

I suppose they could take Junior Deputy-Romine-36th Street. Or John Barrow to 36th or Col Glenn.

There must be something in the works. There's a few retirement communities at the end of Aldersgate. I think some of their residents have been getting worked up about plans to expose their quiet cul-de-sac to thru-traffic. I got the impression the plan was to continue Aldersgate to 36th, though. Connecting to Shackleford would make more sense.

There must be something in the works. There's a few retirement communities at the end of Aldersgate. I think some of their residents have been getting worked up about plans to expose their quiet cul-de-sac to thru-traffic. I got the impression the plan was to continue Aldersgate to 36th, though. Connecting to Shackleford would make more sense.

Aldersgate currently dead ends pointing due west and is only a quarter of a mile probably through the woods to Shackleford. So, a connection to Shackleford seems most likely if the road is extended. Of course, I don't know how much of that land is part of or owned by the Camp Aldersgate people or if that would cause any issue with a street extension.

Thanks for the answer.

Looking at the satellite images it just makes sense to connect them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They are starting to put up the steel frame for a third building. Shackleford has been closed in front of the development and they are coming along with the bridge lane expansion.

Look at the site plan for this thing. Do you guys think there'll be sufficient parking directly in front of the buildings? I'm not familiar much with this type of shopping center. Will people park and walk around?

Or will they want parking directly in front of the shop? I'm not sure how the new mall in Rogers, for example, is laid out.

Look at the site plan for this thing. Do you guys think there'll be sufficient parking directly in front of the buildings? I'm not familiar much with this type of shopping center. Will people park and walk around?

Or will they want parking directly in front of the shop? I'm not sure how the new mall in Rogers, for example, is laid out.

In Rogers people park and walk around. Promenade at Chenal will be even moreso because it's made of lots of small shops without anchors. Because Shackleford Crossing is so big box-oriented, especially with Wal-Mart and Penney's. I expect people to park in front of the store and go in and out with little walking around. There does seem to be plenty of parking. It's hard to see much pedestrian traffic with that design, which is what I think you'regetting at.