Shackleford Crossings

How do you know Copeland's is well into construction? Are they the building on the east end sticking out near Penney's?

I guess I'm confused as well. I haven't seen a building that I thought fit that mold and it's hard to see where Copeland's would fit fronting Shackleford on the aerial map that was in Soiree.

Per AB News, Zaxby's is waiting until traffic picks up in the shopping center before building.

How do you know Copeland's is well into construction? Are they the building on the east end sticking out near Penney's?

A friend of mine is in the kitchen supply business and he's already been on site measuring/installing. I also know the architect involved, and both parties have commented about the on-going project. Yet a third source - I also know the manager of Copleand's in Rogers, and he mentioned to me the pending opening just a few weeks ago.

I haven't been out there in a while, but I don't think its free-standing. I believe its in the end of one of the buildings toward Shackleford.

A friend of mine is in the kitchen supply business and he's already been on site measuring/installing. I also know the architect involved, and both parties have commented about the on-going project. Yet a third source - I also know the manager of Copleand's in Rogers, and he mentioned to me the pending opening just a few weeks ago.

I haven't been out there in a while, but I don't think its free-standing. I believe its in the end of one of the buildings toward Shackleford.

That makes sense, I assumed it was freestanding.

I had assumed it would be freestanding as well, like Zaxby's will be if it still is agreeable to locating in the development. Not that the two are the same type of establishment, of course. Does anyone know what kind of seating level can we expect from Copeland's, just out of curiosity? Around 150 or so?

I know there is one building that is empty that has a drink permit on the window and it is to the left hand side when you come into the center. It doesn't really stick out. There is some parking on the side of the building and I think a dumpter. I thought it would be Haverty's looking at the size, but it has a permit sticker for drinks.

Edited by candacet

I know there is one building that is empty that has a drink permit on the window and it is to the left hand side when you come into the center. It doesn't really stick out. There is some parking on the side of the building and I think a dumpter. I thought it would be Haverty's looking at the size, but it has a permit sticker for drinks.

If you're talking about the northeast side of the center (basically just southeast of Penney's), I'm not sure what that one is.

I know the Asian restaurant is going to be at a corner lot in the middle of the center (southwest corner of the traffic circle that's in the center).

According to the ad in Soiree, Haverty's is up against I-430, north of Babies R Us. Not touching BRU - there will be something in between them.

Yeah, the original plan was to have Dunlaps in between Babies R Us and Haverty's. But since Dunlaps went bankrupt (which I'd like to think of as some consolation for running MM Cohn into the ground), Clary is now seeking a 50,000 sq. ft. retailer to replace it. So the question is, what retailers do we know that typically build to that size and would fit among a moderate-price-level shopping center? Perhaps Gordman's, which just opened in Rogers, could be a likely target. It certainly seems to be within the same broad range as Wal-Mart, JCPenney, and Maurice's — all three of which are either committed to or already present at the center. Plus Gordman's would at least be a new name to the Little Rock area.

Edited by ArkansasTraveler

It won't go in this center because of Haverty's, but I've always expected us to get Rooms 2 Go. Inexpensive furniture that would actually fit the shopping center better than Haverty's. I think Haverty's is making a mistake by moving from their high-profile location at the end of I-630, but they didn't ask me.

It won't go in this center because of Haverty's, but I've always expected us to get Rooms 2 Go. Inexpensive furniture that would actually fit the shopping center better than Haverty's. I think Haverty's is making a mistake by moving from their high-profile location at the end of I-630, but they didn't ask me.

I agree with this but I think Haverty's may be moving to avoid the I-430/I-630 interchange reconstruction. I've heard of people moving out of the area to avoid that - it's going to be an incomprehensible inconvenience for a couple of years.

I agree with this but I think Haverty's may be moving to avoid the I-430/I-630 interchange reconstruction. I've heard of people moving out of the area to avoid that - it's going to be an incomprehensible inconvenience for a couple of years.

No doubt that will be a mess!

• 2 weeks later...

Copeland's also ran an employment ad for all of its Little Rock staff in Sunday's Democrat-Gazette. Applications are being taken from 8 to 7 Monday through Saturday, and 10 to 6 on Sunday.

Anyone know a projected opening date? And are they the location that sticks out on the east side of the shopping center? I haven't been out there in a while.

• 2 weeks later...

There are now several banners up that denote tenants that are coming soon: Maurice's, Samarai Steakhouse, Copeland's, the Golf Store, and the Chinese buffet. It shows that there is some activity there, but still a lot of empty space. It will be interesting to see how well the restaurants do until Wal-Mart opens. Little Rock residents seem to flock to new restaurants like they've never eaten before and create 2 hour waits instantly, so it will be interesting to see if they (especially Copeland's) can do the same.

• 4 weeks later...

Arkansas Business reports that a Gordman's will go into Shackleford Crossing's. Will be there in Q1 2009.

They also report that Golden Corral will join at some point. Copeland's should open by June 30, Panda Garden should open sometime soon as well, and Samarai Steakhouse in roughly 6 weeks.

Texas Roadhouse & Panera in 6 months and Cheddars open mid-2009.

Edited by EJC

Arkansas Business reports that a Gordman's will go into Shackleford Crossings. Will be there in Q1 2009.

Somehow, I just knew...

Yeah, the original plan was to have Dunlaps in between Babies R Us and Haverty's. But since Dunlaps went bankrupt (which I'd like to think of as some consolation for running MM Cohn into the ground), Clary is now seeking a 50,000 sq. ft. retailer to replace it. So the question is, what retailers do we know that typically build to that size and would fit among a moderate-price-level shopping center? Perhaps Gordman's, which just opened in Rogers, could be a likely target. It certainly seems to be within the same broad range as Wal-Mart, JCPenney, and Maurice's

Congratulations on your ESP. I've never been to one, so it will at least be new to me.

I had also thought it could be Dick's Sporting Goods since they got kicked out of Park Avenue's plans.

I hope they are still coming to the market. Maybe Dick's will go to the Promenade. It was rumored to be going there before the Park Avenue stuff came up.

I hope they are still coming to the market. Maybe Dick's will go to the Promenade. It was rumored to be going there before the Park Avenue stuff came up.

I remember that. Although it almost seems too large for that center.

Or it could take over Sports Authority if/when it eventually goes out. I'm always amazed that it's still around.

I remember that. Although it almost seems too large for that center.

Or it could take over Sports Authority if/when it eventually goes out. I'm always amazed that it's still around.

I am too. Academy Sports gets a lot more business than Sports Authority. I would think Dick's Sporting Goods would want to be amoung other retailers to help draw in customers. I think that is part of Sports Authority's problem.

I am too. Academy Sports gets a lot more business than Sports Authority. I would think Dick's Sporting Goods would want to be amoung other retailers to help draw in customers. I think that is part of Sports Authority's problem.

I think the NLR Sports Authority does fairly well, does it not?

I think the NLR Sports Authority does fairly well, does it not?

The couple of times I've been in there, it does seem to be busier. I think it may also be a little smaller, which would help keep costs down and feel less empty.

The one in LR was always so empty, I was surprised Academy even wanted to come into the market. Yet they always seem busy. Sports Authority's location is hidden and a bit removed from other retail, though.

I agree that Sports Authority is outclassed in Little Rock by Academy, and even if it happens to be along Chenal (though fronting Autumn Road), there's simply no "wow" factor to compel one to divert off the parkway. It is very near several other big boxes (Barnes & Noble, Toys R Us, PetsMart, Best Buy, Linens N' Things, Wal-Mart, and Garden Ridge are all within two blocks), but if the business is executed poorly, location alone will not save you. This may be what drew Academy