Shackleford Crossings

I agree that Sports Authority is outclassed in Little Rock by Academy, and even if it happens to be along Chenal (though fronting Autumn Road), there's simply no "wow" factor to compel one to divert off the parkway. It is very near several other big boxes (Barnes & Noble, Toys R Us, PetsMart, Best Buy, Linens N' Things, Wal-Mart, and Garden Ridge are all within two blocks), but if the business is executed poorly, location alone will not save you. This may be what drew Academy

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...

Appears that Copeland's is open now.

Indeed it is. I have been twice, once the first week it was open and again last week. The crowd held up very well the second time, as I'm sure word of mouth was very good. Although a bit pricey on the appetizers and steaks (both of which are fantastic though), the pastas and seafood are perfectly priced and superb to taste. (Don't forget they do a wonderful Sunday Brunch)

I highly recommend the Spinach dip as an appetizer. The fried bow tie pasta, although horrible connotatively, really are a taste and go perfect with the dip.

Also, Copeland's is a Cheesecake Bistro and they do not disappoint. The classic cheesecake ($5.99) comes with a plethora of toppings and additions for $2.

Copeland's, IMO, is a must!

• 2 weeks later...

Looking forward to trying Copeland's. I noticed that the Edwin Watts golf store is now open. EWG is a great retail golf shop. They offer club repair, fitting and a simulator too.

They are definitely a "category killer" for the golf business and will make a great addition to the LR market.

Looking forward to trying Copeland's. I noticed that the Edwin Watts golf store is now open. EWG is a great retail golf shop. They offer club repair, fitting and a simulator too.

They are definitely a "category killer" for the golf business and will make a great addition to the LR market.

We also have a great Academy. I'm the Director of Instruction for the Edwin Watts Golf Academy. Visit our store and get a lesson from Ralston. He is our teacher there. Let me know if I can help u any further

Riccardo Marin

Edited by rmarin

I ate at the new Panda Garden, yesterday, and then strolled over to the newly-opened Edwin Watts Golf store. Being new, both were very nice. What surprised me the most was the incredible number of cars in the parking lot by noon. Not a space could be found in the entire section between the two places I visited. Additionally, the parking lot on the other side by Copeland

Within two years, I can believe that Shackleford Crossing will easily have reached its full potential.

Well at least as much as its going to get. I am still very saddened that we could have had this...

shoppingmallqe7.jpg

...but have to settle for this...

800pxwalmartinmadisonheqw5.jpg

If we would have went for the former, we would currently have no problem attracting the Apples, Cheesecake Factories, Urban Outfitters, etc.

Edited by bchris02

I ate at the new Panda Garden, yesterday, and then strolled over to the newly-opened Edwin Watts Golf store. Being new, both were very nice. What surprised me the most was the incredible number of cars in the parking lot by noon. Not a space could be found in the entire section between the two places I visited. Additionally, the parking lot on the other side by Copeland

• 1 month later...

We ate at Copeland's tonight for the first time. A floor manager at the hostess stand was cranky and oblivious to customers as she barked at servers and other hostesses. The bartender was SLOW - had a hard time ringing up 2 domestic beers. And honestly, the bar area was not all that clean for a new restuarant.

But when we got to our table it was wonderful. The food was delicious - their steaks are amazing. And our server (David) was the best we've had in a long time. Right there when you needed him but not annoying. David and the food were so amazing that we'll go back again gladly. I see that a steak house (Asian themed - cannot remember the name) is opening next door to them.

Finally headed to Panda Garden for lunch with my neighbor yesterday. Nice selection to be found, though a few items could have been a bit hotter in temperature, and the General Tso's Chicken could have been spicier (easily fixed with some Sriracha chile sauce at our table). The bacon-wrapped crabmeat was a nice tidbit, even if that could get rich after too many. Coconut shrimp was too sweet. Service was good; we never were left with an empty water glass. Most of what we had we look forward to having again, as well as trying some of the sushi rolls next time.

By the way... the Japanese steakhouse nearby is Samurai. No word on when the opening is, though.

We ate at Copeland's tonight for the first time. A floor manager at the hostess stand was cranky and oblivious to customers as she barked at servers and other hostesses. The bartender was SLOW - had a hard time ringing up 2 domestic beers. And honestly, the bar area was not all that clean for a new restuarant.

But when we got to our table it was wonderful. The food was delicious - their steaks are amazing. And our server (David) was the best we've had in a long time. Right there when you needed him but not annoying. David and the food were so amazing that we'll go back again gladly. I see that a steak house (Asian themed - cannot remember the name) is opening next door to them.

I'm glad to see that this Copeland's was done much better than others. Nashville was my home for 10 years and the two Copeland's locations in that metro area were unbearable. The service was unacceptable and the facilities were just not well maintained. With any luck, this one will find success for a long time.

I'm wondering if anyone on this board knows why Wal-Mart hasn't broken ground at this site. I've heard that they are definitely signed but there is some type of disagreement between the developer and Wal-Mart as to when the store would begin construction. I wish there was a better Wal-Mart than the one on Bowman and driving all the way out to Chenal and 10 is just not that great of an idea on $5/gal gas.

I'm wondering if anyone on this board knows why Wal-Mart hasn't broken ground at this site. I've heard that they are definitely signed but there is some type of disagreement between the developer and Wal-Mart as to when the store would begin construction. I wish there was a better Wal-Mart than the one on Bowman and driving all the way out to Chenal and 10 is just not that great of an idea on $5/gal gas.

The reason WM had to wait is that Phase I had to be complete and give Comcast a place to move before the old Comcast building could be demolished and the hill it sat on flattened to make room for the Wal-Mart. I haven't looked at the backside of the development lately to see how far along they were with that but it was planned for the WM to come later in the process.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Golden Corral is listed as coming to Shackleford and I-40...I'm assuming that is really Shackleford and I-430, at Shackleford Crossing.

Anyone heard that the red dirt under the future Wal-Mart's foundation had some soft clay, thereby delaying the construction of the store further? I have also heard that they may not build at all due to the addtional costs of fortifying the foundation.

Anyone heard that the red dirt under the future Wal-Mart's foundation had some soft clay, thereby delaying the construction of the store further? I have also heard that they may not build at all due to the addtional costs of fortifying the foundation.

I hadn't heard that, but I do know that it was originally supposed to open this spring - yet nothing has happened yet. Actually, I think it may have originally been supposed to open by now. It's delay certainly has hurt the momentum of that shopping center. Even if they start now, it could just barely be ready by next Christmas season.

Just going to throw my 2 cents in and say Panda Garden @ Shackleford Crossing is quite good, probably the best Chinese buffet in LR at the moment (which may not be saying alot, but still :lol: ) The sushi is especially good considering it is from a buffet -- they have their own dedicated sushi chef and the offerings are always varied and well-prepared.

I also enjoy having a Cracker Barrel in this part of town... I have a soft spot in my heart for Cracker Barrel; it reminds me of family trips through Tennessee when I was growing up.

Just going to throw my 2 cents in and say Panda Garden @ Shackleford Crossing is quite good, probably the best Chinese buffet in LR at the moment (which may not be saying alot, but still :lol: ) The sushi is especially good considering it is from a buffet -- they have their own dedicated sushi chef and the offerings are always varied and well-prepared.

I also enjoy having a Cracker Barrel in this part of town... I have a soft spot in my heart for Cracker Barrel; it reminds me of family trips through Tennessee when I was growing up.

I have heard that Panda Garden is quite good as well...in spite of its tacky name.

And as "cutesy" as Cracker Barrel is, I concur....the food is just fantastic - no two ways about it.

My wife and I are huge fans of the sushi at Panda Garden. We don't even eat the food from the buffet but it is a great value for the sushi alone. All the sushi you can eat for about $10 and it is actually pretty good sushi!

We also like Copelands as well. I am hoping more quality restaurants will locate there in the future. There seems to be a ton of empty space in the center and I am hoping they will be somewhat selective and allow quality tenants and not just whatever in there.

• 2 months later...