The Nashville Predators

Lexy

That's right. The only professional team in Nashville that carries the name "Nashville" on their jersey's (sweaters) is off to the best start in the history of the franchise. Capturing their 200th franchise win last night against the Philadelphis Flyers in front of 16,116 fans. A few of which, made the trip from Philly down here to watch the game. I ask, do you think this team has what it takes to go to the semi-finals or the finals of the playoffs this year? OR, do you just want to talk hockey and save that playoff stuff for later in the year???

Help me out here. LOL!!!!

btw, LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!!!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be really nice that when people think about hockey in the "South", or cities that support their hockey teams well, that Nashville would come to mind. I think the current forward momentum the team and the fan base have will go a long way towards that goal.

Not a big hockey fan, now when AA and AAA baseball start, now I could be a little more interactive in these types of discussions. ;) I'll try to participate as much as my limited hockey knowledge will allow. :D

So help me Lexy, if you jinx them with this thread I will beat you down. :ph34r:

HAHA! I thought about that. Thus the reason why I gave the option to just talk about the team and not the months of April or May-June. LOL!!!!

I will eat crow if that happens my man.

There is a slight something in the air coming from the GEC (And for once it's not a stinky smell). I take every game on a game-by-game basis, and refuse to think about that trophy deal just yet. This season each victory is a stepping stone to the hocky elite. I have become so proud of the guy's. I mean, WE BEAT THE FLYERS FOR CHRIST SAKE. HOW ABOUT THAT. WOOHOO!!!!!

GO PREDATORS!!!!!!

UGH! We got STOMPED last night at the GEC by New york. 5-1 in favor of the Rangers. Thomas Vokoun went down with a knee sprain at the start of the second period and David Legwand went out with the same thing that period as well. Sounds like the phone will be ringing in Milwaukee this week for some call ups. Scott Walker may return sometime next month and Greg Johnson is expected back around the same time if not a bit sooner hopefully. We have got to get better conditioning or it will get us in the long run, if you know what I mean.

Other than that, GO TO THE WEEKNIGHT GAMES!!!!!!! if you can of course. They are a ton of fun and the team is actually winning.

• 2 weeks later...

Impressive win last night against the rivals Columbus. 7-3 before 16,020 at the GEC last night. 7 different players got in the goal scoring books last night.

It looks like the Preds are back on track. That's two impressive wins in a row after a season long three game slump. Those crowds are continuing to get closer and closer to sellouts. When they play the Red Wings here (BOOOOO!!!), the only way you'll be able to get tickets is through a scalper. GO PREDS!!!

It looks like the Preds are back on track. That's two impressive wins in a row after a season long three game slump. Those crowds are continuing to get closer and closer to sellouts. When they play the Red Wings here (BOOOOO!!!), the only way you'll be able to get tickets is through a scalper. GO PREDS!!!

LOL! Yeah Casey and I already have our tickets to those games. We can hardly wait!

BTW, here are some pics from the day before yesterday (day after the Chicago game) at practice and at the Scott Hartnell show that night. Scott Hartnell is actually pretty good friend of ours (Casey and I).

Pekka Rinne

Picture1308a.jpg

Jordin Tootoo

Picture1312a.jpg

The show from left to right....host Greg Pogue, Scott Hartnell, Pete Weber (Preds. Play-By-Play), Tomas Vokoun.

Picture1353a.jpg

Tomas Vokoun

Picture1351a.jpg

Scott Hartnell

Picture1354a.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I myself am giddy.

I concur. Scott Hartnell show tomorrow night at Two Doors Down 6pm. Vernon Fiddler is the special guest as well. Casey and I are going, everyone should try to make it out for the show. We have a blast let me tell ya! LOL!!!!

So, 45 games in 28-12-5, 61 points. What does every one think? I myself am giddy.

I'm very happy that we're clearly on the road to the playoffs. However, I won't be totally stoked until we leave those pass those "damn" Redwings in the standings and relegate them to second place where they belong.

A note to Lexy: I haven't looked at this thread for a while. Great shots with all those Predator players. Very cool. Thanks for sharing them. GO PREDS!!!

The next two days are critical for the PREDS. Two games in two days against that hated team from Detroit. The first one is away, and second one at home. If the Preds can win them both, they're in first place! The good news is that they're leading that team from Detroit (let's not call them by name) 2-0 after the first period. Great start! Let's finish 'em off and on to first place! GO PREDS!

Great win tonight. When kariya flipped that in, I peed a little. :yahoo:

Now there is something I could live without knowing. LOL!!!

I admit, I ran outside and around my house 3 times screaming. It was the most exciting goal I have seen since the P******s.

I admit, I ran outside and around my house 3 times screaming. It was the most exciting goal I have seen since the P******s.

What a great win! I missed the Kariya goal, darnit. PREDS are 6-0-3 in their last 9. Not too shabby!

you better be careful with that p word ;) haha. i didn't get to see the game since i was at work all night and everybody wanted to watch the auburn-kentucky game (you'd think that working at electronic express i'd be able to get one of the televisions on the hockey game). i did get to see the highlights on sportscenter this morning though. and was kariya kidding with that shot? he got nasty on detroit with that one!

you better be careful with that p word ;) haha. i didn't get to see the game since i was at work all night and everybody wanted to watch the auburn-kentucky game (you'd think that working at electronic express i'd be able to get one of the televisions on the hockey game). i did get to see the highlights on sportscenter this morning though. and was kariya kidding with that shot? he got nasty on detroit with that one!

GO BIG BLUE!!! GO BIG BLUE!!!! Sorry. I had to.

Archived