Verizon Wireless

tim2462

Verizon Wireless will begin offering service in Central Arkansas in a few weeks. They have 3 corporate

stores that will be open soon. The main store is in the former Gateway computer store on Chenal, next to

Applebee's. There's another one in Park Plaza Mall, and the third one is in North Little Rock, right next to

Barnes & Noble. There will also be several other VZW stores operating, but will be owned by Prime Communications...but they will not be your typical authorized dealers, they will be VZW stores, just not operated by Verizon. They have national coverage...so the whole state is covered...however, their netowrk will only exist in Central Arkansas, up I-40 over to Memphis for now. Cities in Central Arkansas covered are Little Rock, North Little Rock, Maumelle, & Jacksonville Not sure about Benton, Bryant, or Cabot. But Conway will get it sometime next year. Also, they bought Leap Wireless, which owns Cricket. So, they will quickly be covering NWA next year. They will eventually cover the whole state with their network. I'm just glad they're finally here.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Verizon Wireless will begin offering service in Central Arkansas in a few weeks. They have 3 corporate

stores that will be open soon. The main store is in the former Gateway computer store on Chenal, next to

Applebee's. There's another one in Park Plaza Mall, and the third one is in North Little Rock, right next to

Barnes & Noble. There will also be several other VZW stores operating, but will be owned by Prime Communications...but they will not be your typical authorized dealers, they will be VZW stores, just not operated by Verizon. They have national coverage...so the whole state is covered...however, their netowrk will only exist in Central Arkansas, up I-40 over to Memphis for now. Cities in Central Arkansas covered are Little Rock, North Little Rock, Maumelle, & Jacksonville Not sure about Benton, Bryant, or Cabot. But Conway will get it sometime next year. Also, they bought Leap Wireless, which owns Cricket. So, they will quickly be covering NWA next year. They will eventually cover the whole state with their network. I'm just glad they're finally here.

Isn't that blasphemy considering this is Alltel country? :lol:

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette had a story about this in the business section not too long ago. I believe it said that Verizon Wireless was the last of the major telecommunications companies to enter the Little Rock market.

Thanks for posting the locations of the stores. I'm glad to see that the former Gateway building won't be wasting space anymore.

Isn't that blasphemy considering this is Alltel country? :lol:

LOL NO! alltel has great service, but horrible phones. Verizon offers better phones and better options I believe alltel is going to sell to Verizon eventually, anyway. It is funny though, how alltel technically now has the largest network, after buying Western Wireless. However, alltel will never be able to compete too much on a national level, because most of its coverage is in rural areas. They'll just be a good roaming partner until they sell.

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette had a story about this in the business section not too long ago. I believe it said that Verizon Wireless was the last of the major telecommunications companies to enter the Little Rock market.

Thanks for posting the locations of the stores. I'm glad to see that the former Gateway building won't be wasting space anymore.

Yeah, I have been wondering when they were going to put something there...such a prime location being on Chenal, and up on that hill above the surrounding area...I just don't know why someone didn't get it sooner.

They did divide the building up into halves. So, Verizon is only going to be in the left half, on the side of Applebee's. So that leaves me wondering what will be in the other half. Surely it won't be empty long, with VZW being next door.

Are there any T-Mobile Stores in Central Arkansas?

[/quote

There are no Tmobile stores here, only like 2 authorized dealers. The Tmobile network in Arkansas is very small, so not many people use it. They have such a wierd coverage area...greater LR, and like a few little patches in Harrison and El Dorado...just about everywhere else is roaming.

^I'd really like to see them open more up in Central and NW Arkansas. There's a market for sure.

I've always heard bad things about T-Mobile. From what I hear, if you are in a major area that is covered solid, its good...but if you're between NY & LA, it's bad. I have a friend in Tulsa that has it and hates it...but we all know how ppl complain about their cell phone co...it's all a matter of opinion I guess. I'm happy with Verizon...I'm with Sprint now, which has a great network in AR...but their customer svc sucks.

I've always heard bad things about T-Mobile. From what I hear, if you are in a major area that is covered solid, its good...but if you're between NY & LA, it's bad. I have a friend in Tulsa that has it and hates it...but we all know how ppl complain about their cell phone co...it's all a matter of opinion I guess. I'm happy with Verizon...I'm with Sprint now, which has a great network in AR...but their customer svc sucks.

I have Cingular, Love it.

I have Cingular, Love it.

NOOOOO!!! I hate Cingular. They're call quality is so bad, even when there is good coverage. This is because they still use the old TDMA technology...even though they upgraded to GSM...that is still TDMA. Most companies have CDMA, which delivers much better call quality. Cingular and T-Mobile have TDMA...Verizon, Sprint, & alltel use CDMA. Cinuger does have good phones, though.

NOOOOO!!! I hate Cingular. They're call quality is so bad, even when there is good coverage. This is because they still use the old TDMA technology...even though they upgraded to GSM...that is still TDMA. Most companies have CDMA, which delivers much better call quality. Cingular and T-Mobile have TDMA...Verizon, Sprint, & alltel use CDMA. Cinuger does have good phones, though.

It works fine for me up here in NWA, even out of state. Their calling coverage area is great for someone like me.

It works fine for me up here in NWA, even out of state. Their calling coverage area is great for someone like me.

Yeah, their coverage is good, in most areas...just seems like the quality comes and goes. They'd be much better if they'd upgrade to CDMA.

Archived