Cabelas finally moving into Walker?

snoogit

Someone told me the other day that the Cabellas/Shopping Center was a dead lock to be built now on 4 Mile near Walker Ave. Other evidence to back it up is that there are houses with Pink Xs on them, I am assuming they are to be demolished since no one has lived in them for a while.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone told me the other day that the Cabellas/Shopping Center was a dead lock to be built now on 4 Mile near Walker Ave. Other evidence to back it up is that there are houses with Pink Xs on them, I am assuming they are to be demolished since no one has lived in them for a while.

If they were getting ready to clear vacant homes and start grading the land for a mall, there would have to have been something brought before the Alpine Township board, wouldn't there? You usually need approval before they'll give you permits.

Anyone want to go through these:

http://www.alpinetwp.org/index.php?page=documents

They only go up through August.

I actually drive by this location every sunday to church. There are indeed houses with pink X's on them, but not torn down yet. Excavating began about a month ago. The land has been torn up for a while now, and there have been bulldozers and what now for a while, but there hasnt been any dramatic progress made, as far as a can tell.

I sorta hope this isnt where the cabellas goes. I hope it goes somewhere where there isnt much development already. Walker Ave. has so much industrial factoies, I cant see the area making the change to a more commercial area. Plus i would like to see development in an area which is currently more rural. Just my opinion.

I actually drive by this location every sunday to church. There are indeed houses with pink X's on them, but not torn down yet. Excavating began about a month ago. The land has been torn up for a while now, and there have been bulldozers and what now for a while, but there hasnt been any dramatic progress made, as far as a can tell.

I sorta hope this isnt where the cabellas goes. I hope it goes somewhere where there isnt much development already. Walker Ave. has so much industrial factoies, I cant see the area making the change to a more commercial area. Plus i would like to see development in an area which is currently more rural. Just my opinion.

That was supposed to be the location of the Mall that was planned before Rivertown was decided on.

Yep, you're right, South of 4 Mile is the City of Walker. So something might be here:

http://www.ci.walker.mi.us/Resources/Agend...gCommission.htm

I don't know the location you guys are talking about, but this is the only info I could find concerning 4 mile since July:

"Vice-Chairman Houseman read the application for a Final Area Site Plan amendment of the Dreamscapes Mixed Planned Unit Development plus a commercial and office site condominium to divide the property, located on the east side of Walker Ave., between I-96 and 4 Mile Road, at 3300, 3314, 3354 and a portion of 3290 Walker Ave."

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3290+Walker+...0&iwloc=A&hl=en

I don't know the location you guys are talking about, but this is the only info I could find concerning 4 mile since July:

"Vice-Chairman Houseman read the application for a Final Area Site Plan amendment of the Dreamscapes Mixed Planned Unit Development plus a commercial and office site condominium to divide the property, located on the east side of Walker Ave., between I-96 and 4 Mile Road, at 3300, 3314, 3354 and a portion of 3290 Walker Ave."

Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?q=3290+Walker+...0&iwloc=A&hl=en

Thats whats going in there, I wondered why all the dirt was flying around on Walker Ave. That is a different development, what was planned was just a little further east along 4 mile just west of Bristol. Its not far from there though.

Archived