Brainstorming Session at Tomorrow's Meeting

GRDadof3

Brainstorming On City Agenda

If you have any ideas (other than development wish-lists) or issues, you may want to e-mail those to the commissioners:

http://www.ci.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?page_id=42

Lynn Rabaut is out at the end of this year, with Rosalyn Bliss taking her place at the brainstorming session tomorrow.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was touched by this, Schmidt is so right. Sikkema looks like a chipmunk:

"(Senate Majority Leader Ken) Sikkema has had more than enough time to deal with this issue," Schmidt said. "I'm tired of getting smiled at and slapped on the back by our legislators when we try and talk to them about revenue sharing."

I liked White's idea: sell indian trails, even though it sounds a little familiar :whistling:

Tormala's restructuring of the city government sounds good too, atleast better than increasing taxes for residents and workers IMO.

I liked the selling Indian Trails idea too Gary ;) It mentioned a city-owned garage along the Grand River that they should sell. Is that the one on Market just South of the S-curve?

I liked the selling Indian Trails idea too Gary ;) It mentioned a city-owned garage along the Grand River that they should sell. Is that the one on Market just South of the S-curve?

I'm guessing it is almost the whole strip of land along Market between the S Curve and Wealthy. They said 20 acres, so that is quite the sizable piece of land. Just think of the size mixed use project that could go in there. And they could just walk across the street to get to the new mega strip club. :yahoo:

Is that really going to happen? There have been talks of this for a few years now. Anyone have the scoop?

(Don't worry, we won't think you're a creep for knowing about it :silly: )

It was in the papers. I don't know if it ever got approved or not either.

This could put downtown in a effiey situation or it could help reignite downtown... either way if it happens, it happens.

The strip club is a go. the only desicion left is to grant a liquor license or allow them to be totaly nude. I feel that location would be better suited for a thousand other purposes. Its all over but the shouting. I hope the city prevents using the roof space for signage :sick: bottoms up or bare bottoms up :w00t:

Archived