Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

"Downtown Business is Booming"

Compaired to 1987 it is much better.

Is it "booming"? Well, not yet.

There are shops still closing in the Downtown area or moving to the burbs: (Iserals, Herkermers, Urban House, Daddy-O's). We are far from being out of the woods just yet. :unsure:

My whole post was a little tongue-in-cheek. Although WOODTV8 got the "booming" word from Logie and the DDA. I wouldn't say booming quite yet, but soon.

My whole post was a little tongue-in-cheek. Although WOODTV8 got the "booming" word from Logie and the DDA. I wouldn't say booming quite yet, but soon.

Perhaps they should say that the retail market is "growing".

Perhaps they should say that the retail market is "growing".

Right, that's what I was thinking. "Downtown retail is coming back" or "Downtown retail looking up" probably would have been a little more accurate. I'm probably asking too much.

Compaired to 1987 it is much better.

Is it "booming"? Well, not yet.

There are shops still closing in the Downtown area or moving to the burbs: (Iserals,

Herkermers, Urban House, Daddy-O's). We are far from being out of the woods just yet. :unsure:

So what now, Urban House will be known as Suburban House? :angry:

Right, that's what I was thinking. "Downtown retail is coming back" or "Downtown retail looking up" probably would have been a little more accurate. I'm probably asking too much.

Sensationalism sells, and the press is great at taking half truths and stories and running with them.

Atleast this peice from Wood TV might change the minds of the suburbanites that called in and proclaimed on that raido show that Downtown was "dead."

Ah yes.... where else can you buy a corduroy shirt for $90.00? :lol:

Booming is one of those words those people up at lake superior state might

blow up one of these years.