Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TSmith

Massive subdivision planned for N.O. area

This means this city will be,if it is a city, will be 4.69 sq miles and given the average number of people per house in Louisiana you're looking at 52,400 people at a density of 11,173 people per sq mile.

Anyone notice the article below this one? I live in that subdivision.

I expect New Orleans will be seeing many more developments like this.

Most definately.

This is just the tip of the iceberg in terms of major housing developments all over the area, IMO.

This development will be by Avondale. I'm pretty sure Avondale will annex this development which will eventually lead to an Avondale with a population of around 30,000 people. It'll take 5 to 8 years to fill up and be completed, IMO. But, it will be a huge construction job.

Just out of curiousity does anyone have a detailed map of Lousiana around the New Orleans and Baton Rouge area that they could post somewhere on the forum? I think people like me could benefit more by seeing where everything is. :D

Here is a rough map of where the population is most dense and you will experience the "urban feel" for each metro area (areas inside of the red circles are where you will find shopping, schools, and residential, etc and where people would likely call that city, "Home."

METRONOBATMAP.gif

Great job on those maps, alon!

That last one give a great indication of not only where everything we are discussing is located, but what is going on there in terms of population booms and development.

I will try to post maps similar to the one that alon posted, but specifically to Saint Tammany Parish, soon.

I expect New Orleans will be seeing many more developments like this. Joseph Marcello......any relation to Carlos Marcello?

Hello if Mr Marcello was still in power, New Orleans would be ahead of the game. He loved his New Orleans and all the Sicilians/Cajun/Creoles/African Americans in the area

Thanks for all the maps, this will certainly make it easier for someone who doesn't know the area like me.

I guess your getting acquainted to the Cajun Country area of Louisiana, as well as Greater Baton Rouge and Greater New Orleans, just as I am with Northwest Arkansas. :D

I guess your getting acquainted to the Cajun Country area of Louisiana, as well as Greater Baton Rouge and Greater New Orleans, just as I am with Northwest Arkansas. :D

Yeah, I know a little but I'm not positive on a lot of things.