West Conway development?

My family will be moving to Conway in January. We are looking forward to some new "roads" in life so to speak. I was a little amazed though at the lack of restaurants in Conway on the west side of town where the town seems to be headed. It appears that a restaurant(s),movie theater, fast food etc.. on the west/sw side would make perfect sense. We will be living on the west side of Conway and have noticed there is not much over there, in terms of restaurants. At least there is a Wal Mart. Why is it that most restaurants (some that look new) are all over by the interstate or NW side? I did notice a few restaurants on Prince, north of UCA. Has the town moved so fast to the west that businesses have not caught up? For a town of 50000, it is in someways a restaurant desert, especially on the west side. Anything on the horizon. West Conway looks like a gold mine for development. (new homes, new schools, etc...)We are spoiled in the town we live in now. There seems to be restaurants and fast food places on every corner. I'm in real trouble after we move. My wife hates to cook.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My family will be moving to Conway in January. We are looking forward to some new "roads" in life so to speak. I was a little amazed though at the lack of restaurants in Conway on the west side of town where the town seems to be headed. It appears that a restaurant(s),movie theater, fast food etc.. on the west/sw side would make perfect sense. We will be living on the west side of Conway and have noticed there is not much over there, in terms of restaurants. At least there is a Wal Mart. Why is it that most restaurants (some that look new) are all over by the interstate or NW side? I did notice a few restaurants on Prince, north of UCA. Has the town moved so fast to the west that businesses have not caught up? For a town of 50000, it is in someways a restaurant desert, especially on the west side. Anything on the horizon. West Conway looks like a gold mine for development. (new homes, new schools, etc...)We are spoiled in the town we live in now. There seems to be restaurants and fast food places on every corner. I'm in real trouble after we move. My wife hates to cook.

Welcome to the Arkansas forum. I think one thing that hurts Conway is it's proximity to Little Rock. I think that in some ways hurts some retail and businesses going to Conway. Although I do think if it were a wet county it would probably also open thing up a bit. But I don't think it will have the restaurant scene Fayetteville does. I personally think it's too close to Little Rock for that.

Welcome to the Arkansas forum. I think one thing that hurts Conway is it's proximity to Little Rock. I think that in some ways hurts some retail and businesses going to Conway. Although I do think if it were a wet county it would probably also open thing up a bit. But I don't think it will have the restaurant scene Fayetteville does. I personally think it's too close to Little Rock for that.

I think it could in terms of chains, just not in terms of independent restaurants.

Faulkner County's a long drive from LR and there are a lot of communities like Russelville, Morrilton, Clarkesville, Vilonia, etc that would drive there to eat.

I think it could in terms of chains, just not in terms of independent restaurants.

Faulkner County's a long drive from LR and there are a lot of communities like Russelville, Morrilton, Clarkesville, Vilonia, etc that would drive there to eat.

Maybe but I think Fayetteville may draw more people in from the surrounding area. If people were going to travel to eat they could just as well go to Little Rock than stop at Conway. But Conway could develop into a much bigger restaurant market. Perhaps Fayetteville will be hurt by Benton County and all the new places opening up there.

Maybe but I think Fayetteville may draw more people in from the surrounding area. If people were going to travel to eat they could just as well go to Little Rock than stop at Conway. But Conway could develop into a much bigger restaurant market. Perhaps Fayetteville will be hurt by Benton County and all the new places opening up there.

There's no perhaps to it, it's already happening. Some restaurants choose Benton Co over Fayetteville and vice versa.

There's no perhaps to it, it's already happening. Some restaurants choose Benton Co over Fayetteville and vice versa.

Yeah, okay that wasn't worded quite the way I wanted. I was meaning more as in if restaurants decrease in Fayetteville because of all the new ones opening in Benton County. I think so far it's mainly just cut off some growth here in terms of restaurants. I don't think anyone is losing business because people would rather eat at restaurants in Benton County instead of Fayetteville.

A 12 screen theater is planned for West Conway on Dave Ward. There's a huge retail / restaurant development in the works in W/SW Conway...not sure exactly where, it's been a while since I saw the

article on it. It was in Arkansas Business. They are going to start developing that area around a planned

western bypass. Even if that takes 20 yrs, or never happens...Conway city officials say West Conway will

still get a huge load of development. It wasn't long ago that they were talking about a Best Buy somewhere

near the supercenter out there.

A 12 screen theater is planned for West Conway on Dave Ward. There's a huge retail / restaurant development in the works in W/SW Conway...not sure exactly where, it's been a while since I saw the

article on it. It was in Arkansas Business. They are going to start developing that area around a planned

western bypass. Even if that takes 20 yrs, or never happens...Conway city officials say West Conway will

still get a huge load of development. It wasn't long ago that they were talking about a Best Buy somewhere

near the supercenter out there.

Don't think I've heard much about a western bypass. Any news on it?

Archived