Lofts of Greenville

Danmire

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This project will be a major boost for west Greenville and I hope will help with revitalizing the area.This area could be very nice if more people would get interested and start the revitalization .Does anyone know if this area will be annexed by the city,I dont think it is currently in the city limits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just went and look at an apartment in "raw" form. It's a 2 bedroom 1 bath, rent is $825. It's well worth it! These apartments are going to be awesome! For those interested, on the 4th floor they are doing a lease to buy option.

I just went and look at an apartment in "raw" form. It's a 2 bedroom 1 bath, rent is $825. It's well worth it! These apartments are going to be awesome! For those interested, on the 4th floor they are doing a lease to buy option.

And the view from the forth floor is awsome.

How long is the lease before purchase, anyone know?

Prices range from $169,000 to $220,000. You have to lease for a minimum of 5 years before you purchase, but at least you're allowed to sublease your unit during that time. 20% of your rent payment goes to the eventual purchase of the unit.

From GSA Business:

15% have already pre-leased

134 out of 194 will be release din Phase 1 which will be the end of August.

A restaurant and an Architect firm are looking at space in the building. 5000 sq. ft. boiler room being looked at by Architect and 10,000 sq. ft. adjacent buildingh being looked at by the restaurant.

Rents will be form $700 to $1200

What prices are they asking for the 4th floor? How long is the lease before purchase, anyone know?

The price starts at $1100 for lease to buy. The leasing period is 5 years. From the 1100$/mo $250 goes towards the principal after the 5 year period.

So if I drop by there during business hours I can take a tour?? You didn't catch how much a 1 bedroom would be did you??

We looked at a 1 bedroom on the 1st floor, it was $650. It was okay, but I like my space. It kind of reminds of a shotgun house. Everything is laid out in a row... there is a bonus, there is a loft area that is accessible in the 1 bedroom, that extends over the washer/dryer area.

We looked at a 1 bedroom on the 1st floor, it was $650. It was okay, but I like my space. It kind of reminds of a shotgun house. Everything is laid out in a row... there is a bonus, there is a loft area that is accessible in the 1 bedroom, that extends over the washer/dryer area.

I'm single so space isn't a huge issue to me. I think I'm going to have to see it in person to really visualize it though.

I'm single so space isn't a huge issue to me. I think I'm going to have to see it in person to really visualize it though.

Most of the 1 bedrooms have woods flooring somewhere in them. For one they would be ideal. The living room is pretty big, plus its got one (or two) of the famous huge windows. The appliances in all of the apartments is stainless steal. The bathrooms in all of the apartments they kind of skimped on, same standard shower/bath one piece deal.

Is this part of the city?/Or will it be annexed. It is so close I don't know.

It is not part of the city and does not touch the city boundaries at this time. The boundary on the west side of the city does not extend that far past down town. Mills Mill and Greenville hospital are just in the city limits.

• 1 month later...

We toured Monaghan Mill Lofts. There is potential, if you look beyond the construction. Basic bathrooms. Only 1st floor has heart of pine hardwoods; the other floors are the same granite throughout the entire unit. Phase 1 (move in August 31st) is practically full with one 3br and a couple of 2 br available. Phase 2 to be available feb -mar 07.

Not sure if any of took the opportunity to read the history of the area, but excellent information regarding the philanthropy of Thomas Parker and his commitment to a better life for the employees and their families of Monaghan Mill.

Our question and concern; have there been guidelines established for common areas (noise ordnance and prohibiting smoking in common areas and 50 feet from doorways). We are asking Lisa; if any of you are concerned about same issue.

• 3 weeks later...

I am originally from this part of Greenville and I can tell you it needs TONS of help. Plenty of poverty and crime to go around. My departed grandfather had a house on Norwood St. when I was a child. While in Greenville the other week I rode through my old stomping grounds. To be perfectly honest I was shocked. I am no small man but I would think twice before walking those streets at night. There is a ball field close by and I noticed they have built "goverment" type homes by the park. I do not think this boads well for the future of the Parker/Monaghan area. I am not sure if one loft community will even get close to doing the job. Does anyone know if Greenville is planning on making this area a part of it rennovation plans? Maybe with the right incentives and crime control something could be done. As an investor I see the wisdom in moving in on the "ground floor" but only if that ground is stable. I do not see this here.

Archived