Auburn/Opelika developments

ATLman1

As far as I know these projects are dead for now. The market is just too bad to move forward at this time.

Despite 'recession hiccup', Celebrate Alabama moving forward, as the OANews Article headline reads... The development will be north of US 280 E between I-85 exits 64 & 66, follow this link to a Bing map.

The article doesn't indicate what kind, if any, tax or subsidy incentive the developer is getting.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite 'recession hiccup', Celebrate Alabama moving forward, as the OANews Article headline reads... The development will be north of US 280 E between I-85 exits 64 & 66, follow this link to a Bing map.

The article doesn't indicate what kind, if any, tax or subsidy incentive the developer is getting.

This is great news. Was giving up hope of it ever happening. Noticed the other day that the West Paces development in Auburn is moving ahead. Looks like a gas station is being built onsite. Any other news of this?

• 1 month later...

The Carmike cinema deal had a public subsidy through sales taxes, similar to the TAD development that was just announced in LaGrange. I guess I say that to say that subsidized development projects are moving forward around the region.

Interestingly, not long after this posting, the Carmike is back in the news. OAN reports that Carmike is still trying to get its deal together for a new cinema along I-85.

Archived