Zoning Board of Review

TheAnk

There's a ZBR meeting on the 29th. Anybody planning on going? I heard Garris has so much fun there on the 22nd he's camping out starting tonight so he can get a front row seat. :lol:

i hate that they hear all the testimony and then wait until their docket is clear before voting on anything so EVERYONE has to wait the entire time to hear what the result is on their case.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

my guess is gtech. they seem ready to put signs up... and there looks to be a spot for a sign on the "tower", which is right on the corner of memorial and francis.

I am thinking that how well the lighting and signage looks on the g-tech tower at night will go a long way in determining how the whole building works in that spot at night. Someone mentioned before how the buildings appearance seems to very widely, looking very good to blandly sad, depending on the time of day, your angle, the weather, etc. So something like how well they do their small tower will mean a whole lot.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

http://www2.sec.state.ri.us/omfiling/pdffi.../2007/42927.pdf

Here is the agenda for the July 10th ZBR meeting. Some items of note:

The Providence Art Club is doing some major modifications to its building on Thomas Street lot.

Part of the reason of going before zoning is the following:

the applicant is seeking relief from the parking requirement, whereby the subject property is nonconforming by 58 parking spaces. The proposed construction requires 62 parking spaces, however, there is no on-site space available for parking.

• 7 months later...

I ask this question after an extensive search of the City of Providence website as well as the forums on this site for the possibility of the same questions asked previously to no avail. My question is regarding the submissions for ZBR review. Does anyone know if is it possible for the general public request a copy of said submissions prior to the meeting in order to get a look of the design ahead of time? If so, whom does one contact? Thanks in advance.

I ask this question after an extensive search of the City of Providence website as well as the forums on this site for the possibility of the same questions asked previously to no avail. My question is regarding the submissions for ZBR review. Does anyone know if is it possible for the general public request a copy of said submissions prior to the meeting in order to get a look of the design ahead of time? If so, whom does one contact? Thanks in advance.

i actually don't know the reason to that. I mean, if anyone you'd contact the city clerk, i guess as she is the one who keeps the calendar for the zbr, but the actual submissions would go to the building department first. Hm. I'm willing to bet that you can't get advanced copies of anything except the agenda. I am not sure that it makes sense (maybe it does) to have the public have access to information that the zbr hasn't yet received...? i don't know. I do know that sometimes developers will show plans to neighborhood groups and council people and stuff before coming before the CPC, so its not like it is always a secret...

I think there's a staff person from planning tasked with dealing with ZBR, you should check with that person.

Thanks. It's challenging to make an informed comment on something when you see it for the first time at a public meeting and you have only a few minutes to analyze it and decide if it is acceptable to your standards or needs improvement.

Thanks. It's challenging to make an informed comment on something when you see it for the first time at a public meeting and you have only a few minutes to analyze it and decide if it is acceptable to your standards or needs improvement. Are the staff notes for CPC submissions available to the public before meetings?

Archived