Former Gov. Carroll Campbell Dies

vicupstate

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Campbell planned to run for third term

Wow. I had never heard this before. There is no doubt that had he run, he would have won. If he had, we sure as hell would not be leading the nation in unemployment right now and the stalmate agenda we have in place would never have existed.

Carroll Campbell accomplished a hell of a lot with a Democratic legislature, I can only fantisize what he could have done with his own party in control of the legislature.

A crying shame.

Maybe Joe Riley can be persuaded to run for Governor once he retires as Charleston's mayor. Perhaps Knox White could do a good job. Maybe Sanford will actually put some muscle behind his agenda, drop the education nuttiness, and get something accomplished.

While I breath (a sign actually), I Hope.

Campbell planned to run for third term

Wow. I had never heard this before. There is no doubt that had he run, he would have won. If he had, we sure as hell would not be leading the nation in unemployment right now and the stalmate agenda we have in place would never have existed.

Carroll Campbell accomplished a hell of a lot with a Democratic legislature, I can only fantisize what he could have done with his own party in control of the legislature.

A crying shame.

Maybe Joe Riley can be persuaded to run for Governor once he retires as Charleston's mayor. Perhaps Knox White could do a good job. Maybe Sanford will actually put some muscle behind his agenda, drop the education nuttiness, and get something accomplished.

While I breath (a sign actually), I Hope.

I had no idea either. I wish he had run for a third term...

Haha, I'm still not sure I would want Knox to leave Greenville.... :rolleyes: , but it would be nice to have a Greenvillian back at one of the top positions. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's time for Carroll Campbell to get his own bronze place on Greenville's Main St...

Archived