What is Anderson missing?

GSP Tiger

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anderson has a pretty good variety of stores for its size. I don't see it as 'needing' anything in particular- but then I am used to Clemson, where there is nothing except BiLo and Walkmart. Oh, and the new Ingles. It will be interesting to see how the growth towards Powdersville will affect the shopping in this part of the region.

I think someone else said this in another thread at one point, but Anderson needs a corporate headquarter or two. To my knowledge there is very little "office" work downtown. A few banks, some law offices, a little retail and restaurant development, a budding arts community (really exciting!) and now even some residential development - but no corporate presence. I think that would really help.

Another thing would be a small hotel downtown. It doesn't need to be big, but it does need to be something other than a travellodge type.

The other thing I think is missing - which I think would do well - is a full service bookstore with coffee shop/snack bar. I think the Clemson Blvd exit from 85 could handle something like that perhaps next to the movie theater. It would need to be in a place for natural "browsing" traffic.

Other than that - I agree - Anderson is pretty well served for a town of its size.

Archived