Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mith242

Banks in Northwest Arkansas

I know we have mentioned before banks popping up all over the place up here in northwest Arkansas. Not only are banks new to the area coming into the area but newly formed banks are also popping up. Despite some people thinking there may soon be too many banks to be supported by the area many disagree. Apparently $6Bil was deposited into banks here in northwest Arkansas just in the past year alone. So it seems there's still more room for new banks to come for now.

A healthy regional economy is going to have a lot of small spinoff banks. These are often the ones that offer the best interest rates and deals for the wealthy. Large banks like B of A have advantages but are terrible for investors.

Bank of the Ozarks is based in LR but really has created a web throughout Central and NWA. It's a pretty well-run bank as is Arvest.

A healthy regional economy is going to have a lot of small spinoff banks. These are often the ones that offer the best interest rates and deals for the wealthy. Large banks like B of A have advantages but are terrible for investors.

Bank of the Ozarks is based in LR but really has created a web throughout Central and NWA. It's a pretty well-run bank as is Arvest.

I don't know if Bank of the Ozarks is too well established in the northwest Arkansas metro yet, but it's probably just a matter of time.

I don't know if Bank of the Ozarks is too well established in the northwest Arkansas metro yet, but it's probably just a matter of time.

Aren't they shooting for around 6 or 7 Banks in the Future?

They are, they're moving from South to North, I think. Ft Smith's well-served by B of O.

We may have one here in fayetteville, but if we do I haven't seen it. Although that always doesn't mean much. :lol: I admit there are some areas of the city I just don't always get over to a whole lot. I wonder if any of them will really be able to give Arvest a run for it's money. Honestly I didn't intentionally put that pun in there. :D

We may have one here in fayetteville, but if we do I haven't seen it. Although that always doesn't mean much. :lol: I admit there are some areas of the city I just don't always get over to a whole lot. I wonder if any of them will really be able to give Arvest a run for it's money. Honestly I didn't intentionally put that pun in there. :D

I think B of Ozarks has a temporary loan office set up in Fayetteville, but I could be wrong.