Texarkana-Boom Town

bigboyz05

Has anyone heard about El Chupacabra? It's this supposed creature that goes around draining blood from animals, mainly cows, goats and chickens. Some people think it's an alien, others think it's an experiment by the government gone wrong and some think it's a new species of animal. It's been sighted mainly in Latin American countries but, there have been sightings in the American west and south including a sighting near Atlanta, Tx which is 16 miles from Texarkana. I appreciate you guys interest in my thread and I hope you keep posting.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone heard about El Chupacabra? It's this supposed creature that goes around draining blood from animals, mainly cows, goats and chickens. Some people think it's an alien, others think it's an experiment by the government gone wrong and some think it's a new species of animal. It's been sighted mainly in Latin American countries but, there have been sightings in the American west and south including a sighting near Atlanta, Tx which is 16 miles from Texarkana. I appreciate you guys interest in my thread and I hope you keep posting.

It's funny that you mention that because they had something on the National Geographic channel. Arkansas even played a part in the show. Not exactly for el chupacabra but as far as cow mutilations. There were problems with this up here in Washington County apparently back in the 70's with cow mutilations. They actually set out a dead cow and kept surveillance from a distance. They didn't catch any people or creatures but did discover some interesting things. Natural causes can be explained for most cow mutilations. People sometimes report areas cut very cleanly like with a scapel. The body of the cow can expand quite a bit after death. It can expand enough to basically cause a rather clean tear in the body. Parts of the cow are often reported missing like the eyes or the reproductive organs. Flies and maggots can often be explained for this. They can work very quickly and often go after the 'soft' tissue like this. Other marks can be explained as animals eating on the body before being interrupted by human contact. Of course this doesn't explain any of the sightings but does explain a lot of the cow mutilations. I also thought it was interesting that a Washington County sheriff discovered all this.

Yes actually I have.

I saw a documentary on it, where it talked about draining the blood out of animals in the Southwest and Mexico. That's another one of those paranormal things we may never know about.

Yes actually I have.

I saw a documentary on it, where it talked about draining the blood out of animals in the Southwest and Mexico. That's another one of those paranormal things we may never know about.

I think I saw the same documentary.

It's actually pretty interesting.

What do you guys think about Loch Ness Monster, Sea Monsters and Ogo Pogo? Did you hear about reports of a brontosaurus type creature living in the Congo Jungles of Africa? In my opinion people are just making this crap up but, hey that's just me. It seems if these mysterious creatures really existed then we would have come across a specimen by now whether it be dead or alive.

This developer is talking to the Chamber of Commerce about building an amusement park here called Pineland. The name comes from the fact that we're located in the piney woods. Anyway, a bunch of old people are b!tchin about crime and more traffic. Sometimes I hate old people. Just jokin' but, we had crime and traffic before Pineland, if it's built, and we'll have crime and traffic after Pineland. I just hope it gets built because we don't have much as far as entertainment is concerned.

What do you guys think about Loch Ness Monster, Sea Monsters and Ogo Pogo? Did you hear about reports of a brontosaurus type creature living in the Congo Jungles of Africa? In my opinion people are just making this crap up but, hey that's just me. It seems if these mysterious creatures really existed then we would have come across a specimen by now whether it be dead or alive.

The Loch Ness Monster could be real and fake in my opinion. I've seen some pretty bisare documentaries about it on Discovery, and I've got to say it's pretty unexplainable to me.

I've heard the Myth about Dinosaurs still living in the Congo, and I just don't see it true. It woud be amazing to find dinosaurs still living unnoticed on Earth Millions of Years later.

Anybody have any thoughts on the Crop Circles in England?

I went to Texarkana this weekend, stopped in on my way from Dallas to Little Rock. I don't know about traffic on I-30, I drive that way all the time at various times of day and I've never even had to hit my brakes or slow below 70. It's amazing all of the new development along the interstate on the Texas side, it's very similar to what's going on in Conway - getting all of the restaurants and stores a city of 50k+ should have.

That said, when I drove down Stateline Ave I couldn't help but notice everything was in a state of decay. Downtown itself was completely dead at 9 PM on a Friday. The only businesses open were the bail bond places. Vacancy was quite high as were the number of less desirable businesses, the restaurants, bars, and upscale shops weren't there. It reminded me of Pine Bluff in size (the Hibernia bank was large enough to be comparable to Simmons) but there was even less pride and investment there. There are enough old buildings there to really start something if they ever get around to it. Broad St would be the entertainment district in that case, it's well set up with no through traffic and is long and really untouched and those buildings would have character with the right businesses.

I went to Texarkana this weekend, stopped in on my way from Dallas to Little Rock. I don't know about traffic on I-30, I drive that way all the time at various times of day and I've never even had to hit my brakes or slow below 70. It's amazing all of the new development along the interstate on the Texas side, it's very similar to what's going on in Conway - getting all of the restaurants and stores a city of 50k+ should have.

That said, when I drove down Stateline Ave I couldn't help but notice everything was in a state of decay. Downtown itself was completely dead at 9 PM on a Friday. The only businesses open were the bail bond places. Vacancy was quite high as were the number of less desirable businesses, the restaurants, bars, and upscale shops weren't there. It reminded me of Pine Bluff in size (the Hibernia bank was large enough to be comparable to Simmons) but there was even less pride and investment there. There are enough old buildings there to really start something if they ever get around to it. Broad St would be the entertainment district in that case, it's well set up with no through traffic and is long and really untouched and those buildings would have character with the right businesses.

Thanks for the info Aporkalypse. And I was wondering where you've been. :D

I'm going to be up in the Texarkana area for around a week, starting on the 26th or 27th. I haven't been up there since early August.

I agree with Aporkalypse in that the AR side of Texarkana seems to be seeing much slower development growth than the Texas side. This is especially viewable on Stateline Avenue. Downtown activity looks like it has gone down in recent years as well.

Hopefully all of this new population growth on the Arkansas side will spur some new development growth. I'm also looking forward to seeing the new growth on the Texas side along I-30. :D

I'm going to be up in the Texarkana area for around a week, starting on the 26th or 27th. I haven't been up there since early August.

I agree with Aporkalypse in that the AR side of Texarkana seems to be seeing much slower development growth than the Texas side. This is especially viewable on Stateline Avenue. Downtown activity looks like it has gone down in recent years as well.

Hopefully all of this new population growth on the Arkansas side will spur some new development growth. I'm also looking forward to seeing the new growth on the Texas side along I-30. :D

Well I'll be in southern Arkansas too for about half a week, although it will be on the other side.

I agree with you guys 100%! Downtown is dead! The construction projects I've told you about down there are in the very early stages, so it will be a while before anything noticeable is seen. In my opinion a lot of those buildings downtown should see the wrecking ball. As a matter of fact during a rain storm a couple of years ago, the back of a building actually collapsed! If nothing is done with these vacant buildings they should be torn down before someone gets hurt. The main culprit for downtown's demise is suburban sprawl. All of the new developments are far away from the city's center. Businesses have left downtown for the suburbs because by being near the freeway they are visible to a much larger customer base. Stateline used to be the busiest road in Texarkana but now it's Richmond and Summerhill Roads. Especially Richmond. Try driving on the stretch going over I-30 between 3 and 5 p.m. and you'll see what I mean. The city is trying to turn downtown around but, it's not enough. As for the Arkansas sides growth, the city is swelling as far as population is concerned. It has a very attractive real estate market. The main concern of community leaders is that since there isn't a lot of business growth on that side of town that it will be seen as a bedroom community of the Texas side. It's retail base has expanded recently with the arrival of new businesses but, hopefully it can overcome it's stigma of being the Texas sides much smaller sister.

Sorry it took me so long to say so but... Welcome to the forum!

I believe there could be some truth to some of them. By the way, we HAVE come across a dead specimen. Check it out...

yano2.jpg

You can read an entire article on it here.

Sorry it took me so long to say so but... Welcome to the forum!

I believe there could be some truth to some of them. By the way, we HAVE come across a dead specimen. Check it out...

yano2.jpg

You can read an entire article on it here.

Wow....not only this "article" against evolutionists----it's for mythical creatures as well!

Scientists claimed it could be a "badly decomposed basking shark":

perrine004.jpeg

But those crazy evolutionists just refuse to see the truth! This one specimen caught in the 1970s was CLEARLY a plesiosaur.

Edited by johnnydr87

Wow Johnny, did you have a sarcasm class this semester? :P Guess I finally mention my thoughts on this subject we've gotten on. I believe there could be some odd possibility that maybe there are some strange creatures we haven't had much contact with. Giant squids are now known to exist, before they were mainly just a myth. As far as many of these creatures are concerned I just don't think it's too likely and I will have to see more scientific proof. I won't say there's no absolute way any of these other creatures exist. But I find it unlikely until there is more evidence. But I guess it does make for some interesting stories. :D

As far as many of these creatures are concerned I just don't think it's too likely and I will have to see more scientific proof. I won't say there's no absolute way any of these other creatures exist. But I find it unlikely until there is more evidence. But I guess it does make for some interesting stories. :D

I agree. :D

And they definately make for some interesting stories!

Wow Johnny, did you have a sarcasm class this semester? :P Guess I finally mention my thoughts on this subject we've gotten on. I believe there could be some odd possibility that maybe there are some strange creatures we haven't had much contact with. Giant squids are now known to exist, before they were mainly just a myth. As far as many of these creatures are concerned I just don't think it's too likely and I will have to see more scientific proof. I won't say there's no absolute way any of these other creatures exist. But I find it unlikely until there is more evidence. But I guess it does make for some interesting stories. :D

Oh, I don't doubt that there are many creatures (esp. in the ocean) that exist and haven't been discovered.

Giant squids were repeatedly seen by many witnesses. That's the difference. Giant squids were eventually documented in some form or fashion.

The issue I had with the article is how it tried to paint scientists. As all scientists should, these scientists wanted more evidence before declaring, "OMG !!111!! wwee D1sc0v3red a PLEOSAUR! ROck On d00ds!"

If some amateur naturalist had seen the ivory billed woodpecker, and wasn't really able to realize the significance of it.........then its existence would never have been confirmed.