Texarkana-Boom Town

bigboyz05

What do you guys think about scientists wanting to use the DNA of prehistoric species to bring them back into existence? A mammoth recently discovered in the Arctic has captured the attention of scientists who want to bring back the mammoth. They had a tv special about this mammoth on the National Geographic Channel.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you guys know where Bank of the Ozarks is headquartered?

Little Rock, we had a discussion about that in another topic a while back. Maybe I should be more specific, I was complaining that the banks of the Ozarks was headquartered in Little Rock which didn't make much sense to me. It apparently started somewhere else then moved it's hq to Little Rock.

Edited by Mith242

Little Rock, we had a discussion about that in another topic a while back. Maybe I should be more specific, I was complaining that the banks of the Ozarks was headquartered in Little Rock which didn't make much sense to me. It apparently started somewhere else then moved it's hq to Little Rock.

Their main HQs building is on Chenal Pkwy.

I can't remember where it started but it was a really small place, like Ozark or Mulberry.

Edited by Aporkalypse

I know in the early 90's these kids call themselves forming a gang called the Rat Pack of all things, lol! Anyway, they tried to act like hard "gangstas" but they mainly sold marijuana and drove around blasting their Tupac and Snoop Doggy Dogg cd's. The cops pretty much shut down their little "gang" although one of the members is currently in prison for robbing Family Dollar Store. Althoug we've had years where crime shot up we pretty much have low crime. Last year we just had 2 murders. I was watching television a few days ago and they said that Shreveport, LA had a higher murder rate last year than either Fort Worth or San Francisco, cities more than twice it's size! that's insane!

I rememer the "Rat Pack". When I was younger, my family and I used come to Texarkana for the Four States Fair every year. One time, and I'm guessing the early 90's, there was a rumor going around that the Rat Pack was going to have an intitation at the fair. Needless to say, we didnt go.

There's a website that I need to find that breaks down crime rates per city. Even though Shreveport is a smaller city, their murder rate is higher than Fort Worth and San Francisco is because of the population.

btw...........I like this forum! :)

Their main HQs building is on Chenal Pkwy.

I can't remember where it started but it was a really small place, like Ozark or Mulberry.

Ozark is where the bank started. I'm not sure when it moved to Little Rock, but it wasn't a very long time ago.

We're getting two. One on the Arkansas side and the other one on the Texas side.

I've posted this map of the bank's locations before, but it's hard to keep up with things on here, so here it is again. It may be a bit outdated as it doesn't show a location planned for the Arkansas side of Texarkana.

BOZ%20map%20November%202005.jpg

Did you guys hear about the train wreck that occured down here a month or so ago? This train carrying chemicals crashed into the College Hill section of Texarkana, Arkansas. it set multiple homes on fire and killed an elderly resident whose home was nearly anihalated. People were evacuated to the fairgrounds until later that afternoon.

Did you guys hear about the train wreck that occured down here a month or so ago? This train carrying chemicals crashed into the College Hill section of Texarkana, Arkansas. it set multiple homes on fire and killed an elderly resident whose home was nearly anihalated. People were evacuated to the fairgrounds until later that afternoon.

No, I guess I missed that story.

Sounds like they have big plans down there...it will be interesting to watch. I just hope the AR side will catch up as far as retail goes...Surely it will, since the AR side has the most residential growth and the most land.

Yeah, we recently annexed a lot of land on the Arkansas side. Some of that land is already getting water lines installed so I think more development will be on the way real soon. Also there have been inquiries from companies about land near the new loop freeway. Studies on making the Red River navigable from Shreveport to near Texarkana at Fulton, Arkansas are just about complete. If the Red is made navigable it would be a huge boom to the local economy.