Texarkana-Boom Town

bigboyz05

Does Ft. Smith's system just cover Ft. Smith or does it also extend into the suburbs like Barling, Van Buren and Arkoma? Also do you know if Pine Bluff has a transit system?

I know Pine Bluff has one, or had one. Although I imagine it still has one despite the city's problems. I can't say I have any idea of what area it covers or anything. I have my doubts it covers anything outside the city though.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that downtown they're thinking about stripping some of the more modern facades and replcing them with more of a look from the 20's. After I return from my trip with my mom to NWA, I'm thinking of going on a tour of southern Arkansas. I'd leave Texarkana and make my first stop in Magnolia, then it's on to El Dorado. I've heard they've become quite a little shopping mecca. I'd spend the day there. Stop in Monticello and then head up to Pine Bluff, where I'd spend a day or so before cutting over to Arkadelphia on my way back to T-town. What do you guys think? Or do you have any other towns you'd suggest I stop at?

I know that downtown they're thinking about stripping some of the more modern facades and replcing them with more of a look from the 20's. After I return from my trip with my mom to NWA, I'm thinking of going on a tour of southern Arkansas. I'd leave Texarkana and make my first stop in Magnolia, then it's on to El Dorado. I've heard they've become quite a little shopping mecca. I'd spend the day there. Stop in Monticello and then head up to Pine Bluff, where I'd spend a day or so before cutting over to Arkadelphia on my way back to T-town. What do you guys think? Or do you have any other towns you'd suggest I stop at?

That sounds great, you don't have a digital camera do you? I haven't been to some of those places and have wanted to see some of them. Those sound like a pretty good selection. Too bad Helena-West Helena is a bit out of the way. The only other towns I could think of down there would be Hamburg, Camden and Fordyce. But I'm not if any of those are worth stopping at. But it certainly would be nice to hear some info from some of those areas.

You could travel through Warren on the way from El Dorado to Monticello, and take a different way home to hit Fordyce and Camden. It probably wouldn't take very long to look around some of the smaller places.

That sounds great, you don't have a digital camera do you? I haven't been to some of those places and have wanted to see some of them. Those sound like a pretty good selection. Too bad Helena-West Helena is a bit out of the way. The only other towns I could think of down there would be Hamburg, Camden and Fordyce. But I'm not if any of those are worth stopping at. But it certainly would be nice to hear some info from some of those areas.

No, I'm afraid I don't have one. I've been to Camden and there isn't much going on there. I think I would also stop in Hope because they have a couple of museums there including former President Clinton's home.

Thanks Arkansawyer and Mith for the suggestions.

No, I'm afraid I don't have one. I've been to Camden and there isn't much going on there. I think I would also stop in Hope because they have a couple of museums there including former President Clinton's home.

Thanks Arkansawyer and Mith for the suggestions.

I had also thought of mentioning Hope but I thought maybe since it was much closer to Texarkana that you were already familiar with it or something. Too bad you won't have any pics to share, but it will still be nice to hear you mention what you see there.

Edited by Mith242

Did anyone watch the Travel Channel Last night?

They had a great Program on about Bigfoot, and they even went to Fouke, AR and talked to a bunch of locals about the Bigfoot sightings. They called Fouke the southern capitol of Bigfoot. Then the also went to the Everglades, the Pacific Northwest, and Big Thicket National Preserve.

They had a great Program on about Bigfoot, and they even went to Fouke, AR and talked to a bunch of locals about the Bigfoot sightings. They called Fouke the southern capitol of Bigfoot. Then the also went to the Everglades, the Pacific Northwest, and Big Thicket National Preserve.

No, I was busy checking out the features on my new camera. :D

Ahh, I missed that! If I had known it was on, I would definately have watched it.

No, I was busy checking out the features on my new camera. :D

Lol, I know how you feel Rod! When I first got the S2 I just sat around for hours checking out its' features. :D

It was pretty cool looking, they talked about the different variations of the creature: like the Skunkfoot in the Everglades with actual photos and Film, the Abomindal Snowman/ Yetti, and that it has been reported in every state except Hawaii. They estimate that anywhere between 6 and 10 thousand of these creatures are living in our forests!! I thought it was pretty neat because it gave Arkansas some airtime.

Back on the Bigfoot Topic, It turns out that a report has been filed on the Bigfoot Field Researchers Organization Website for Hot Springs County in December 4th, 2005!!

A man heard a bunch of dogs barking around and assumed it was a deer, and in the woods, he saw a Bigfoot stride across the trees for a few seconds and than it was gone.

Some idiot was popping firecrackers in the Sugar Hill area of north Texarkana, Arkansas and started a fire. It was soon contained with no structural damage but, just imagine if the wind was blowing. We would have a major fire on our hands! The individual was given a fine.

Some idiot was popping firecrackers in the Sugar Hill area of north Texarkana, Arkansas and started a fire. It was soon contained with no structural damage but, just imagine if the wind was blowing. We would have a major fire on our hands! The individual was given a fine.

It is amazing just how stupid people are. Even up here in NWA they find people every single day breaking the burn ban. Seeing all the fires and destruction in Oklahoma and Texas doesn't phase people at all apparently.