Texarkana-Boom Town

bigboyz05

The Arkansas Symphony Orchestra is based on LR. My sister used to belong to the Northwest Arkansas Symphony Orchestra, based in Fayetteville.

I keep forgetting to check and see how many symphony orchestras there are in the state.

Looks like Ft Smith, Conway, Pine Bluff and it looks like even El Dorado have symphony orchestras, along with Fayetteville and Little Rock. Those are the only ones I've found so far.

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to hear more about the Mainstreet program in other areas. I know it's done very well up here in NWA.

Possibly too much. It's so strict here in Rogers, hardly any new modern looking buildings are in the downtown, which pretty much kills new age development.

Is it anything like that in Texarkana Darius?

Possibly too much. It's so strict here in Rogers, hardly any new modern looking buildings are in the downtown, which pretty much kills new age development.

Is it anything like that in Texarkana Darius?

I know that new buildings haven't been constructed in downtown Texarkana since 1981. Whenever a developer has approached the city about demolishing a structure to make way for a new one the city raises a big stink about destroying historical buildings yet, the city does hardly anything to preserve these buildings. I can tell you of at least three buildings downtown that look as if they will collapse any day now. The McCartney Hotel is over ten stories tall and is crumbling. As a matter of fact the fire scape alongside the building is dangling. 3 years ago during a rain storm the back of an old building collapsed. Only then did the city tear it down. I'm glad that finally an active approach to making downtown look better is starting to take shape.

Texarkana Could Get VA Hospital

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/articles/2...news/news02.txt

Also Burlington Coat Factory will break ground on their facility near the West Side Freeway in April. Marriott Hotel is currently looking at land near the new arena that's being built on the Arkansas side.

• 2 weeks later...