Texarkana-Boom Town

bigboyz05

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting those stories. Everytime I go to that website, there are never any good articles, I guess I don't look often enough. That whole sports complex sounds really great. That will be something to really help the AR side. Sports and Fitness are big with newcomers to any area.

So Texarkana has a minor League Hockey Team?

If so, that's amazing for a metro that small.

I thought they lost that team. Are they still playing there.

The Central Hockey League had teams in a lot of small metros in Texas as well - places like Tyler, Abiline, and Amarillo. That same league had the first hockey team in Little Rock, the Glaciercats.

I thought they lost that team. Are they still playing there.

The Central Hockey League had teams in a lot of small metros in Texas as well - places like Tyler, Abiline, and Amarillo. That same league had the first hockey team in Little Rock, the Glaciercats.

When hockey first came here we were known as the Border City Bandits. Then we lost the team because of financial problems/poor attendance. About a few years ago hockey was brought back and we became the Texarkana Bandits. Attendance is a lot better now.

Hey guys, I have around 10 pictures of Highway 549 from Fouke-Texarkana, and a few of the loop around Texarkana. Would you like me to post them?

Hey NCB! Good to see you're back. Can't wait to see your pics.

I guess the hockey team could be on the Texas side but I find it interesting that the only hockey I know of that could possibly be in the state is in Texarkana. I wonder what allows them to support a team and not other metros around the state.

Actually, their home right now is the Four States Fairgrounds which is located on the Arkansas side. They will remain there until the arena is built. All I can say is that we are very loyal to our city. Another thing, I thought Little Rock had a team?

Question: Is TLC Burgers and Fries still in business and has anything been done with the train station?

I think that burger place is still open. The train station has been renovated.