Favorite Grocery

DigitalSky

What is your favorite grocery in Charleston?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Regular Grocer

• Bi-Lo
    • Food Lion
    • Harris Teeter
    • Piggly Wiggly
    • Publix
    • Other
  2. 2. Specialty Grocer

• Whole Foods Market
    • Earth Fare
    • Other

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BTW, I didn't include Wal-Mart Supercenters or Super Kmarts. Does the Charleston area have any Supercenters... maybe in the suburbs i guess?

there are walmarts everywhere (my personal favorite) and Kmarts in a few places. There is a large new Walmart and Sam's club right where they are building the Tanger Outlets

We do Bi-Lo it's the closest thing to Sullivans Is. Also I really like Newton Farms which is an upscale Piggly Wiggly thing over by Kiawah on John Island.

They have Super Walmarts all over the burbs and the only Super Kmart I know of is in N. Chas right on the border with Goose Creek.

• 2 months later...

We do Bi-Lo it's the closest thing to Sullivans Is. Also I really like Newton Farms which is an upscale Piggly Wiggly thing over by Kiawah on John Island.

They have Super Walmarts all over the burbs and the only Super Kmart I know of is in N. Chas right on the border with Goose Creek.

That super Kmart is now closed to become a Sears homestore or something...

I voted for Bi-Lo, because I have a personal attatchment to the train in the store at Mt. Pleasant. Plus, it is a Greenville store, and I really haven't liked the Piggly Wigglys we've had in the Upstate over the years. I know I should vote for Publix, as it is my overall favorite store, but in the Charleston area I most often shop at the Bi-Lo. ;)

Archived