Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

Favorite Grocery

What is your favorite grocery in Charleston?   22 members have voted

1. 1. Regular Grocer

• Bi-Lo
    • Food Lion
    • Harris Teeter
    • Piggly Wiggly
    • Publix
    • Other
  2. 2. Specialty Grocer

• Whole Foods Market
    • Earth Fare
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 posts in this topic

Definatly the Pig and I just cant get enough of that music from the summer commericials " I loveeeeeeee beach music " :shades:

Definatly the Pig and I just cant get enough of that music from the summer commericials " I loveeeeeeee beach music " :shades:

Nothing more South Carolina than shag music and Blenheim Ginger Ae, which are hallmarks of The Pig.

BTW, I didn't include Wal-Mart Supercenters or Super Kmarts. Does the Charleston area have any Supercenters... maybe in the suburbs i guess?

BTW, I didn't include Wal-Mart Supercenters or Super Kmarts. Does the Charleston area have any Supercenters... maybe in the suburbs i guess?

there are walmarts everywhere (my personal favorite) and Kmarts in a few places. There is a large new Walmart and Sam's club right where they are building the Tanger Outlets

We do Bi-Lo it's the closest thing to Sullivans Is. Also I really like Newton Farms which is an upscale Piggly Wiggly thing over by Kiawah on John Island.

They have Super Walmarts all over the burbs and the only Super Kmart I know of is in N. Chas right on the border with Goose Creek.

Yeah Newton Farms is owned by Piggly Wiggly.

Isle of Palms store is a Red & White.

Newton Farms was the 2005 - Retail Store of the Year according to Chain Store Age publication.

We do Bi-Lo it's the closest thing to Sullivans Is. Also I really like Newton Farms which is an upscale Piggly Wiggly thing over by Kiawah on John Island.

They have Super Walmarts all over the burbs and the only Super Kmart I know of is in N. Chas right on the border with Goose Creek.

That super Kmart is now closed to become a Sears homestore or something...

Somehow Charleston and Piggly Wiggly are instantly tied together in my mind. If you are ever on the Battery, there is a home there of one of the former heads of the store. You can find it due to the two stone pigs that decorate the front porch.

I voted for Bi-Lo, because I have a personal attatchment to the train in the store at Mt. Pleasant. Plus, it is a Greenville store, and I really haven't liked the Piggly Wigglys we've had in the Upstate over the years. I know I should vote for Publix, as it is my overall favorite store, but in the Charleston area I most often shop at the Bi-Lo. ;)