Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mith242

Snow Anyone?

80 posts in this topic

Should have started this earlier to see what predictions were in other areas of the state. After some predictions really dropped the amounts of snow up here in northwest Arkansas they suddenly bumped them back up at the last minute up to 1-2" and some even had 2-4". I only see around a quarter to half and inch where in live in Fayetteville. The was one forcast I saw predicting 5" in an area north of I-30 in southwest Arkansas. But after looking at some Little Rock websites it looked to me that a number of areas were reporting mixed precipitation. Not sure if it got cold enough in some areas of the state. But we certainly got the cold weather up here already in northwest Arkansas. They were predicting a low of 20 and most of northwest Arkansas is already reporting temps around 15 and 16 and we still have more time for temps to drop before sunrise. Not sure if that will have any effect on the high of 25 today. Single digits for Thursday night friday morning. Sounds like Dallas even got some winter precipitation down there. Anyway just wanted to hear what's going on in the rest of the state. Everyon bundle up for school or work today! :D

Uhhh... I hate snow.

We got about an inch last night, but a lot of ice on my car and some on the roads. It started to sleet around 10:30 last night, and eventually worked it's way into snow.

Any body else?

Yeah I'm hoping to hear from someone else too. Sometimes it's a bit hard to get these nondevelopment topics going in the main Arkansas forum.

Maybe .5-1 inches here. It's pretty much gone now.

Cool, good ol' Johnny responded. I was wondering what happened in other areas of the state. I almost get the impression not much happened in general. At probably nothing compared to what they had been predicting.

Since no one else ever posted I saw something mentioned Clarksville getting 3". Hope everyone bundles up this morning. It's going to be a cold morning especially here in northwest Arkansas. It's 2 here in Fayetteville and XNA as I'm about to head off to work. Could get down to 0 by sunrise. While Rogers is at 9, gee Matt thanks for hogging all the warmth here in northwest Arkansas. :rolleyes:

Well I talked to my family in Foreman again, and they got some sleet last night, but no snow.

Well I talked to my family in Foreman again, and they got some sleet last night, but no snow.

Thanks for the update. It sounds like most places may have not gotten much. Except for Clarksville at least. They probably got about what they expected maybe more.

Sorry... I'm just now getting around to reading this topic. Paragould may have gotten .25 in of sleet. It did finally begint snow during the late morning, but only lasted about 30 minutes. My 4-year old daughter was SO excited though.

Sounds like anything over an inch was somewhat isolated.

Well up here in Rogers, we got a few flurries today. Nothing much, but it came down a bit for 10 minutes.

Well up here in Rogers, we got a few flurries today. Nothing much, but it came down a bit for 10 minutes.

I saw some pop up on the radar. Didn't see any down here.

I saw some pop up on the radar. Didn't see any down here.

It wasn't enough to stick to the ground, but it was coming down.

We are still in the 50's and 60's during the day down here. :D

On Tuesday, December 20 th we're supposed to get a mixture of snow and rain here in Texarkana.

We got some snow up here last night.

Really, we didn't get anything down here. Did you actually get any accumulation?

Really, we didn't get anything down here. Did you actually get any accumulation?

Hardly any.

But it was snowing for about an hour around mid-night and stuck a little to the grass. It was nice to look outside at it though.

Sounds like we could have some flurries tonight. I think there's a better chance of snow around Tuesday.

Sounds like we could have some flurries tonight. I think there's a better chance of snow around Tuesday.

There's a possibility for sleet and snow all Monday and Monday Night as well.

There's a possibility for sleet and snow all Monday and Monday Night as well.

Hmmm...I didn't see any mention of Monday just Tuesday.

Geez. that's a lot of times for snow. Is this a normal occurrence for you guys up north? I'm usually excited when it even snows 2 or 3 times in a year.

Geez. that's a lot of times for snow. Is this a normal occurrence for you guys up north? I'm usually excited when it even snows 2 or 3 times in a year.

It's common but we're also not talking about a lot of measurable snow. A lot of time it's just a little bit, at least in the last number of years.