Snow Anyone?

Mith242

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How are you, NCB? The weather here is expected to be in the 50's. Then again the forecast always changes so I'll try to keep you posted on any developments.

I'm doing great! I've been spendimg most of my time in downtown New Orleans for the last few days.

How bout you big boyz? :D

The 50's looks great to me. There have been light sleets/snows in the area around Christmas for the last few years that I have been up, but the mild tmeperatures definately are great for me! :lol:

I have noticed that they seem to be starting to cut down the highs over the weekend. One local meteorologist has mentioned there is one model that is showing even cooler temps and a slight chance of snow one morning up here over the weekend. Not sure what that will mean for down there but it may not be as warm as they had been predicting.

I tell ya it's hell in these stores!

My solution to that problem....shopping online. :D

I don't like giving out personal information over the interent, but I have many gift certificates to Amazon.com, and I can order things from there and give my info over the phone. It's cheaper, and it only takes around three days to get here. :thumbsup:

Well it's not going to matter much for me because I won't be up here. I'll be back down in Pine Bluff again. I doubt there will be a snow chance down there. :D

I hope we can get a white christmas up here, it's been a few years since that happened.

Anyone else have a change for snow around the holidays?

Only because I don't have to work!!! :P

Like I said before, I want some nsow over the weekend. Not just because I won't have to go to work in it but I want to be off and try to get some snow pics. I've been really curious to see what kind of view I'll get in some areas of town with a blanket of snow.

Allright boys, I'm back in the south for a few days. All I can say after reading this thread is that I must have missed some weather a few days ago. Snow? I got off the plane in Fort Smith two days ago and walked out into 65 degrees and sunshine. It doesn't feel very "christmassy" to me (saw an inflateable Santa sitting next a sprinkler in a yard yesterday), but it's sure a nice break from the weather back in Minnesota. Was it really in the single digits recently? That must have been quite a shock to everyone's system, huh? I think I remember it being that cold only once in the five years I spent here in the Fort. Anyway, everyone have a great Christmas and lets all enjoy the warmth.

Yes, it was very cold recently and we had some snow/sleet...but not too much. It was down into the teens at night in Central AR and single digits over the north. We even had some flurries / light snow in Little Rock just 2 nights ago. I am loving the warmer weather...it makes me want to get outside! I almost want to break my shorts out...but not quite :D

Allright boys, I'm back in the south for a few days. All I can say after reading this thread is that I must have missed some weather a few days ago. Snow? I got off the plane in Fort Smith two days ago and walked out into 65 degrees and sunshine. It doesn't feel very "christmassy" to me (saw an inflateable Santa sitting next a sprinkler in a yard yesterday), but it's sure a nice break from the weather back in Minnesota. Was it really in the single digits recently? That must have been quite a shock to everyone's system, huh? I think I remember it being that cold only once in the five years I spent here in the Fort. Anyway, everyone have a great Christmas and lets all enjoy the warmth.

Hmm.. MN..... i'm applying to college in MN (carleton)

You missed out on some record cold's up here.

It got down to around 4 here in NW Arkansas. We've gotten snow a few times also this December.

You missed out on some record cold's up here.

It got down to around 4 here in NW Arkansas. We've gotten snow a few times also this December.

We've gotten some record cold here in LR too, but the precip is hardly ever here while the cold air is.

We did manage to get a quarter inch of snow in WLR and snow/sleet/freezing rain mix in the rest of town.

We also had a few snow flurries at other times. I thought we would have a cold January and maybe more winter weather then, but the forecast for the first week of January has highs in the 60's!

Archived