The Movie Industry in Northwest Arkansas

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My worry is that we don't have organized gangs up here and digging around into their business may cause trouble. With the new Rogers Anti-Gang Task Force hunting down these gang members I don't think they'll be too keen on being interviewed. Besides the gangs up here aren't into it for reputation like L.A. gangs so much as making money selling meth to teenagers. They don't need press coverage they need jail time.

• 4 months later...

Here is what IMDB says:

Titles with locations including

Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA

Here are the 10 matching titles:

"Blue and the Gray, The" (1982) (mini) TV Series 7.8/10 (247 votes)

Across Five Aprils (1990) 6.5/10 (21 votes)

...aka Civil War Diary (1990) (USA: video title)

Alpha Omega (2006)

Fighting Mad (1976) 5.3/10 (89 votes)

Frank & Jesse (1994) 5.7/10 (308 votes)

Good Chemistry (2006)

Man Outside (1986) 5.6/10 (28 votes)

Samurai: The Last Warrior (2004) (TV) 9.4/10 (8 votes)

Shadow Vision (2006) (V)

Simon Chance: Spy Today, Run Tomorrow (2007)

I remember when Frank & Jesse was filmed. My brother ended up playing roller hockey in the Walton Arts parking lot with Rob Lowe. Should of smacked him one.

Thanks for the info cowbreath. To be honest I don't think I've heard of many of those films. :lol:

Or any.

On a side note: Beaver, Arkansas, with this really awsome bridge:

flowers.jpg

was on the movie Elisabethtown. Beaver Arkansas is just northwest of Eureka Springs.

elizabethtown.jpg

Hey I remember that bridge, I posted a few pics of it in my Pics of Eureka Springs topic. I stopped by there the last time I was over in Eureka. I didn't know that movie was filmed there. Interesting.

Only 15-30 seconds.

Here's an interesting article from AR Dem-Gaz:

Ready for its close-up Arkansas town Blooms with folks eager to glimpse movie star and watch crew at work

by Michelle Parks Arkansas Democrat-Gazette

BEAVER - A dozen days ago, this tiny town of 95 at least tripled in size as people waited for the filming of Elizabethtown, written and directed by Cameron Crowe, to start. Film crews darted around Eureka Springs and Berryville on Aug. 3, including stops at Dinosaur World and the Great Passion Play grounds. The crew planned to begin filming at Beaver's historic wooden bridge in the middle of the day, but changed it to midafternoon. They didn't arrive until much later.

http://www.full-bloom.net/articles/article.php?ID=385

Here is what IMDB says:

Titles with locations including

Fayetteville, Arkansas, USA

Here are the 10 matching titles:

"Blue and the Gray, The" (1982) (mini) TV Series 7.8/10 (247 votes)

Across Five Aprils (1990) 6.5/10 (21 votes)

...aka Civil War Diary (1990) (USA: video title)

Alpha Omega (2006)

Fighting Mad (1976) 5.3/10 (89 votes)

Frank & Jesse (1994) 5.7/10 (308 votes)

Good Chemistry (2006)

Man Outside (1986) 5.6/10 (28 votes)

Samurai: The Last Warrior (2004) (TV) 9.4/10 (8 votes)

Shadow Vision (2006) (V)

Simon Chance: Spy Today, Run Tomorrow (2007)

I remember when Frank & Jesse was filmed. My brother ended up playing roller hockey in the Walton Arts parking lot with Rob Lowe. Should of smacked him one.

It seems like there are quite a few films being made here over the next year or so. I do remember the Blue and the Gray as well as Fighting Mad. Fighting Mad was pretty bad...

It seems like there are quite a few films being made here over the next year or so. I do remember the Blue and the Gray as well as Fighting Mad. Fighting Mad was pretty bad...

I'd like to see the video industry increase here also. It is much more than movies, but documentaries, corporate filming, shorts, etc. I like to do video-editing a lot, but then again there is a growing mass of people now using computers and their new camcorders to do stuff. It seems like some will eventually desire to extend beyond that. A friend of mine does filming for Wal-mart, but he was recently working for another company that filmed commercials and training videos for this area. I know another guy who does documentary filming for CAT. He's always looking for actors or help with other stuff. I've met several people here in Fayetteville highly interested in studying film beyond this area.

Anyways, none of that is unusual or shows anything, but I was unaware of those little industries so much. What kind of film festivals are there around here or opportunities for film-people to get together? Anyone been a part of that experience here?

• 1 month later...

I guess someone should put this here, so I'll do it. The feature film, "War Eagle", is asking for extras to show up at the FHS baseball stadium tomorrow night. Here is the article:

NWA News: War Eagle Extras

That's awesome that a movie with Brian Dennehy will be filming in NWA. He's one of my favorite actors. It's just too bad the film is going to present this area of Arkansas as nothing but rural and full of hillbillies.

That's awesome that a movie with Brian Dennehy will be filming in NWA. He's one of my favorite actors. It's just too bad the film is going to present this area of Arkansas as nothing but rural and full of hillbillies.

It might not be too bad, the screenwriter is from Conway...

It might not be too bad, the screenwriter is from Conway...

It sounds like a good movie. From what I gather though it's about a boy growing up in rural America who's trying to escape the small town that he's been shackled to so he can make it in the big league sports. I guess it really depends on the year the story is supposed to take place, but I'm not sure many people are trying to escape NWA with a 1,000 people moving here per month for a while there. Can't really speak for teens though.

Archived