Lowell Weicker possibly tries to unseat Joe Lieberman

MadVlad

You can't get much more shady than this guy, I can't believe he's even considering running for anything. Two glimmering Weicker moments: As Governor, he runs on a platform saying he's firmly against a state income tax... then promptly gives us one. Also, brokers the sale of the Hartford Whalers to Compuware owner Peter Karmanos despite a higher bid by some local businessmen. They move the team, and he ends up.... on the Compuware Board of Directors.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

You can't get much more shady than this guy, I can't believe he's even considering running for anything. Two glimmering Weicker moments: As Governor, he runs on a platform saying he's firmly against a state income tax... then promptly gives us one. Also, brokers the sale of the Hartford Whalers to Compuware owner Peter Karmanos despite a higher bid by some local businessmen. They move the team, and he ends up.... on the Compuware Board of Directors.

Lieberman was one of the few Democrats I ever voted for! I voted for Ella (because I knew her) and Liberman I voted when he ran against WACKY WEICKER. I do have to say I never voted for Rowland (voted Tom Scott in 1994 -- CAMPAIGNED for him, too) and in 1998 wrote in Tom Scott and in 2002 wrote in 'donald Duck'. :)

Jim S

Didn't Rowland win based on a promise that he'd repeal the income tax? Weicker's slot deal with the Pequots was huge, though flawed in that the SE area of the state still gets squat from that fund.

Yes...Rowland campainged on that -- but Tom Scott wanted to REPEAL and CUT SPENDING!! too bad Tom Scott didn't win, but I'm glad I voted for him!

JimS

Archived