VP of HT gets the boot from Lowes Foods

mediamongrel

Apparently, I have been informed from a Lowes Foods employee that the VP of Harris Teeter (will not mention the name of the VP) was asked to leave the Lowes Foods on Providence Road on Tuesday. He was in the store before it actually opened according to my source. Pretty humorous I thought that a VP of a competing company would get caught like that.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Lowes is going to give HT a run for their money, and HT is definately worried about it.

Yeah HT is really anal about keeping the competition out.. I bet if they could have they would have bought where Lowes Foods is at the Promenade and built a new store there and then closed or leased out their store across the street to a non-grocer

Yeah HT is really anal about keeping the competition out.. I bet if they could have they would have bought where Lowes Foods is at the Promenade and built a new store there and then closed or leased out their store across the street to a non-grocer

The HT at Promenade on Providence has been having trouble for the last 5 years or so (before they remodeled it) because it is so hard for northbound traffic on Providence Rd. to turn into the store. Also, to leave the store and get back on to Providence Rd., you have to make a u-turn down near the Lowes Home Improvement store then turn around. They lost business over the last few years also due to the other Harris Teeter opening on the other side of 485 on Providence. Apparently though HT wasn't thinking ahead about the location that Lowes Foods has now. Hats off to Lowes Foods for having the guts to infiltrate the Charlotte market. It's nice to have more choices for people than HT and Food Lion.

Archived